It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Trey Gowdy Will Not Seek Re-Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I hope that Gowdy just retires.

As much as I may agree with him on issues, we need non partisan people appointed to positions in Justice.

We've now all seen the cluster Obama created when he put partisan people in power.

I have yet to any evidence that Goudy used anything but law as his bias. He gave Sessions a hard time, generals, pretty much anyone who came in front of him.

If Goudy isn't as non-partisan as it gets, then there's no such thing as 'non-partisan'.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Maybe a judicial appointment (judgeship). There is supposed to be a supreme court justice retiring and there are vacancies on some of the appeals circuits.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This could be very good news.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

That may be true, but he is a politician.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So he announces this now in the middle of AL the chaos?

Seems very unprobable.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I heard that Trump is getting rid of Wray and putting Gowdy in his place now

from where? speculation or evidence?

It was just a joke.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Finally, this proves that the Republican party is falling apart because of Trump.

Where exactly did he say it’s because if Trump? Sorry, must’ve missed it.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Maybe a judicial appointment (judgeship). There is supposed to be a supreme court justice retiring and there are vacancies on some of the appeals circuits.

Or a special prosecutor....if so, I am sure he would find great satisfaction in prosecuting those he has been investigating. He has already proven himself and would likely be the pick for the job....then after he would be a shoe in for an opening Ginsburg seat....

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The republicans are leaving because they served their masters with the tax cut for the rich and now want to go get paid for their service

They never had a cause in politics but to serve the rich and protect their money and get them more money.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

When you say the president is unpopular, are you using the same sources(media, polls, friends, and so on) that stated Trunp had no chance of winning?

Asking for a friend....

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The republicans are leaving because they served their masters with the tax cut for the rich and now want to go get paid for their service

They never had a cause in politics but to serve the rich and protect their money and get them more money.

"This tax cut is only for the rich" has been thoroughly debunked. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

This is a step-down for an appointment to a position in the justice department most likely.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

this could be bad for alot in office and good for the people. he may know secrets that he can do something about who knows. would be awesome if he ended up taking a good chunk of the evil in congress down lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Here's the problem. The current GOP narrative is that donating to a Democratic campaign is evidence of bias when it comes to people on Mueller's team. A very big deal has been made about Andrew McCabe's wife running for office and about how her campaign received money from the Democrats (as would be expected).

Trey Gowdy is a Republican member of Congress. How can Republican politicians be reasonably viewed as unbiased but people who merely donated to Democrats' campaigns be assumed to have bias?

If right-wingers are going to talk the talk, they should walk the walk. I personally don't believe that all these allegations of bias are reasonable but for a person who has claimed that they are to do an about face when it comes to Republicans would be be a hugely hypocritical double standard.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

When you say the president is unpopular, are you using the same sources(media, polls, friends, and so on) that stated Trunp had no chance of winning?

Asking for a friend....

That's a cool, interesting and unique talking point I've never heard before. Very insightful!

1. Polls never "stated" that Trump had "no chance of winning." That's not what polls do. Polls attempt to take a snapshot of opinions at a given point. Analyst use things like polls to assess probabilities from which they make forecasts.

2. A number of national polls were within their margin for error when it came to voting results. Remember, Clinton did in fact receive 3 million more votes than Trump.

3. I use the Rasmussen daily approval tracking poll because it's the most skewed in favor of Republicans. Rasmussen also happens to be one of the least accurate because of it — but they err in favor of the Republicans — so it's a best case scenario for Trump generally speaking.

4. Comparing the same polls from the same pollsters for different presidents is an apples to apples comparison for judging job approval/popularity/what have you for presidents relative to other presidents.

What do you use? A magic 8-ball? A jar of bear fat? Your gut feeling?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This guy was by far my favorite Congressman. The people lost a true champion today...a guy who wasn’t afraid to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo.

I can only imagine that it must be hell for someone like him to be surrounded by the slime balls and back room dealers in Congress. I hope he finds some peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that Gowdy (now finally unshackled by the limitations of Congress) is going to finally get to the bottom of this Benghazi thing.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Off topic but had to note....you may be the only person I've heard reference bear fat here. Guessing the context was predictions as it's said to be able to predict weather....never tried it...have just read about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is is possible that Trey actually knows the Truth about Russian collusion and is bailing out before the crash?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Is is possible that Trey actually knows the Truth about Russian collusion and is bailing out before the crash?

Sounds like more of the same wishful thinking that the Trump-Russia collusion myth has been built on for over a year. Good luck when that bubble bursts bro.
edit on 31 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join