It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Train carrying Republicans to a retreat has crashed / collision, injuries reported

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: loam

Yah I saw that at another forum, too many 'coincidences' for me to think it was a 'coincidence'.

To cause a serious train derailment, you would need a truck heavier than the one we've seen on video.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's a very good question, and one that I'm sure is being asked.

My own thoughts are thus.

There are many out there in ordinary Joe land who have bought the narrative that the GOP is evil. How hard would it be to find out the train schedule, and get ones hands on a garbage truck?? Not very, if one is inclined towards attempting to kill them some evil Republicans. Only takes one.

Do I actually think this likely? No. Horrible accident. But...?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Russians did it. Any other questions?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well first thing being second in this case:

What do we know about the drivers?
Was this truck registered to a company that is involved with trash/garbage collection or transport?
Was the movement of all these Congressmen (because I don't say people geeshs) reported on in public before the train vs garbage truck event?
Who "OK'ed" this many Congressional employees to travel on the same train?

Let's get these out of the way first, but as I said "first thing second". Who wasn't on the train that should have been?

(post by Tekaran removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Haven't had a chance to read through this thread, but has anyone seen this?

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

Claims Bill Kristol tweeted about the crash before it happened.

Looks like a false flag more and more. But for what reason? btw...Kristol is a Republican.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
RUSH:

"Garbage truck full of migrants driven by ISIS terrorist taken out by train operated by GOP members before it makes it to the 'right' side of the tracks."

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Looks like a false flag more and more. But for what reason? btw...Kristol is a Republican.

If he is in with the majority that would be odd unless he messed up.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Sometimes I wonder if these events are just screw ups but many want to make more of it or if the game has been tuned to the point that we just cannot tell real from false and anything goes with the game.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Personally I believe this was just an accident. No conspiracy applied.

But for those with a more conspiratorial bend... What if this a ploy to gain sympaty for the GOP?

/slings back into the shadows

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I figure Hillary hackers would have planned for bigger destruction if hijacking the vehicle. On top of that one of the truck occupants died, that sounds like they were innocent, not paid by Soros or Hillary.

Sadly this type of incidents happen. I remember an incident growing up where a family lost their lives-source. The burns on the street remained at the scene for may years, a grave reminder of life and death in a seemingly simple travel route.

Regards to the family or the deceased and to the injured.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Haven't had a chance to read through this thread, but has anyone seen this?

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

Claims Bill Kristol tweeted about the crash before it happened.

The whole time zone thing always make me skeptical of this type of post. I admit I have no idea how twittering works. Couldn't it have been 1207 or even 1307 EST post? This is why I always prefer to see a GMT time for that type of stuff!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
nvm..waste of time
edit on 31-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
OK, I have had all day to think about this.

According to what I have found out, from both news reports and pictures of the scene, the Amtrak train schedule was probably fairly well-known to anyone who wanted to find out. This was a normal event, not some top secret hush-hush operation. Somehow, a garbage truck, a straight truck, stopped on the tracks in front of the Amtrak train. It apparently crossed under the crossing gate before it came down or changed lanes to weave through the crossing before the train arrived. The front locomotive, arriving from the drivers' side of the truck, made contact with the garbage bed in the vicinity of the rear axles, separating the bed from the truck and tossing it through the air to land on its side with the compactor ripped off. The truck itself was spun around and off the tracks, receiving substantial damage and ending up pointing in the opposite direction of the train. The driver died at the scene; the other two people in/on the truck (I still have not heard verification that they were all in the cab) survived but with serious injuries. All those aboard the train survived with minor injuries at best from falls during the impact.

The specter of an attempt to kill the GOP Congressmen aboard has been raised (of course). But there are some serious issues with this scenario: First and foremost, the driver died and the other two in/on the truck should consider themselves lucky to still be absorbing oxygen. Second, an Amtrak locomotive is much heavier, stronger, and tougher than a garbage truck; it would have been obvious to anyone with a smattering of good sense that this would not cause mass death and destruction to the train. Thirdly, much more damage could have been done by derailing the train at a more remote position where assistance would not be able to access the site as easily... I will not go into details, but that is easily done.

So an attempt to kill Congressmen is not making sense.

Others have mentioned electronic attacks on the garbage truck. It would be extremely unusual for a garbage truck to have a Qualcomm unit, which would be the first requirement to making the truck susceptible to electronic control signals. If they had, the unit would have notified the garbage company immediately of an error; it did not, because the company had to be notified of the incident during the clean-up. The truck was a stripped-down model as well, judging by the size of the fuel tanks and the arrangement of the chrome (typical for a garbage truck) and thus may not have even had the ability to be hooked to a fully-functioning Qualcomm unit.

So an attempt to electronically hijack the truck is looking unlikely.

If it was an accident, however, it was a very unusual one. At the time of impact, the train made contact with the garbage bed about halfway down it, based on the condition and location of the bed and truck afterwards. Impact would have had to be fairly straight-on in order to induce the moment required to spin the truck around as it did. But the gate crossing was down... had the garbage truck driven around a lowered crossing gate, it could not have been in the position it had to be in at time of impact. The blow would have not been normal to the bed, and the induced moment would have been minor or possibly in the other direction. The truck would have either spun the other direction, landing on the other side of the tracks, or been dragged down the tracks along with the locomotive. In the latter case, I doubt any of the three in/on the truck would have survived.

The statements said the truck was stuck on the tracks. As I previously mentioned, a semi can easily become stuck because of the bendable nature of the fifth wheel joint and the position of the landing gear on the trailer. A straight truck cannot realistically get physically stuck, because there is no joint to bend and no protruding landing gear to hang on.

It is possible that the truck simply stalled for some reason as it was crossing the track. It would be possible for an experienced driver to clutch the truck long enough for the momentum to carry it slowly off the tracks. We don't know how experienced the driver was, however, so even though it seems completely illogical the possibility of a stall cannot be discounted. Even more unrealistic, though, is that the three apparently did not abandon the truck when they saw the train coming. That defies all reason... it is literal suicide.

So what would have kept them in the truck? Were the doors locked and jammed? I doubt that truck had electric locks being a stripped down model. Were they unconscious? Drugged?

It sounds like the idea of it being a complete accident is unlikely as well. So what really happened?

I'm hoping more information will be forthcoming in the DOT investigation to help put the truth together.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Personally I don't think it's any more complex than "stupidity happened". Lots of vehicles of all sizes think they can beat the train.
Only days ago here, an Ethanol tanker hit a train.
business.financialpost.com...
Sometimes you can't explain or fix stupid.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It's curious: the who and the when, perhaps the what and why. But there isn't anything that's been released that points directly to something deliberate. But I have a lot of questions that no one is ever going to publicly answer because of the who involved regardless of the what's and why's. Some cards are better kept close to the chest regardless of whether it was an accident or deliberate.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

There's a couple thousand of collisions a year it seems..

oli.org...

2025 collisions in 2016 with 265 fatalities.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

They wanted to stop the train.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So an attempt to kill Congressmen is not making sense.

I seriously doubt this was an attempt to kill any Congressmen.

If intentional, the motivation would be to send them a "warning", to "shake them up".

Remember, the GOP is currently "celebrating" various victories: a SOTU address that went off fairly well, Trump didn't "stumble" and "forget his lines" etc...he was a "smooth operator" in "full command of his mental faculties" etc...demonstrating that all the News Media negative reports on his "mental status" and "psychologists" saying he is mentally unfit etc..is crap, and the Republicans just got the vote to release the MEMO, over and above the Democrat objections etc..now the GOP is off to "party" and "pat each other on the back" for a job well done etc..and plan strategy for the coming year...

so...some people are not happy, that the GOP isn't falling apart, but instead seem to be doing better and better..

hence..it's possible that some one decided to "shake them up"..make them "uncertain" about their ability to simply drive their own adjenda forward like a freight train..without there being reactionary "consequences" down the road.

I see it as that kind of thing. Not a murder attempt.

It's just a warning to "play ball". There's another team out here too. Don't keep all the balls to yourself.

edit on 31-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join