It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Train carrying Republicans to a retreat has crashed / collision, injuries reported

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: RadioRobert

You're scaring me.

It was an accident. It had to be an accident.

TheRedneck

If it was premeditated, those guys would have jumped truck before the train hit. 

Or, if it was a planned attack, only 1 guy would be on the truck, not 3, since you only need 1 for a suicide attack. 

See how it works?

/tinfoilhattage

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You just don't take a truck like that quickly across tracks, especially if someone is riding on the bed. They have air-ride, I'm sure (pneumatic shock cushions under the cab), but the suspension itself is not exactly smooth. They were moving slowly or banging their heads on the roof of the cab, I promise you that. There's a reason for the phrase "rides like a dump truck."

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you're going to bat for our team? At least keep it civil, that was disgusting and a horrible comment to make...let the other side play that way, WE are better than that ;-)
a reply to: Urantia1111

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You just don't take a truck like that quickly across tracks, especially if someone is riding on the bed. They have air-ride, I'm sure (pneumatic shock cushions under the cab), but the suspension itself is not exactly smooth. They were moving slowly or banging their heads on the roof of the cab, I promise you that. There's a reason for the phrase "rides like a dump truck."

TheRedneck

That's great info. However, we're already entertaining the possibility that the driver thought it was a good idea to try to beat an oncoming train. Why can't we entertain the possibility that the driver didn't consider the ramifications of driving quickly across railroad tracks? People don't always analyze all the ins and outs of these types of situations as they're occuring.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I've seen gates come down on a truck before. Just last month most recently. They are pretty flimsy, but did not break when it came to rest on a full-size pickup who then backed out from under it. Might have scratched the paint, I don't know. And most arms only block the right hand side. So it's curious if the lead arm was the one broken (though it's entirely possible it was hit by debris in the collision).

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Who did? Who said such a terrible thing? That's disgusting. A member?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's a fair point. No argument there. I have seen garbage truck drivers doing some pretty stoopid things before.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Entirely possible. People do all sorts of dumb things. I've seen people drive around the crossing arms before or after a train at double tracks. We really don't like trains at rush hour!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It is being reported that because of who was on the train (200 GOP lawmakers and some of their families) the tracks were or should have been monitored for clear passage. Something is very wrong.

Hope they think to check out what may be hidden in that garbage.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No. Sorry. But no.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Where did you hear about that? It just seems like a Herculean task...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The driver walked away. One of the guys holding on was unfortunately killed.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Sounds like an unfortunate accident.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That's a fair point. No argument there. I have seen garbage truck drivers doing some pretty stoopid things before.

TheRedneck

It's all good. I still appreciate your perspective. Most of us have never driven this type of vehicle before so it's good to have some insight from someone who has. I drove fuel trucks in the Air Force but you'd be surprised how little you have to learn about the chassis to get qualified. As long as you can operate the pumping system.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That makes sense. The cab is twisted, but mostly intact. The bed is demolished and literally came off the frame.

TheRedneck

link   
Found out this is a regular trip that is usually taken the day after the SOTU for lawmakers to discuss policy matters for the coming year.

The passage way is usually secured due to who is on board.

So, somebody either messed up or this was intentional.

link   
It's being reported that Rep. Jason Lewis (R-MN) is being taken to the hospital.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It is being reported that because of who was on the train (200 GOP lawmakers and some of their families) the tracks were or should have been monitored for clear passage. Something is very wrong.

Hope they think to check out what may be hidden in that garbage.

Who told you the tracks should have been monitored? Some Congressmen have been observed flying coach. I think you're overestimating how hardcore the security is around members of Congress.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: GuidedKill

Who did? Who said such a terrible thing? That's disgusting. A member?

Nobody; this is a common straw man around here these days.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Question:
Did they have police at the crossings to block traffic? Or were they just relying on air support and hoping the crossings were clear?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join