It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Train carrying Republicans to a retreat has crashed / collision, injuries reported

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The republicans were on their way to a congressional nuclear bomb shelter. Someone evidently stopped them from making it there. One wonders what might have happened or been able to happen had the accident not occurred.

In the 1950s, amid increasing alarm over a possible nuclear attack, the federal government asked The Greenbrier if it could build an “Emergency Relocation Center,” a bunker that would house the president and/or members of Congress in case of a nuclear attack. The Greenbrier owners agree and built an underground facility code-named “Project Greek Island.” The bunker remained classified and mostly unknown for 30 years. The bunker was decommissioned in 1992.

edit on 31-1-2018 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

Greenbriar was decommissioned in the early 1990's and is not used as anything other than a tourist draw, complete with tours.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The Greenbrier is the old nuclear retreat for Congress.
The memo is waiting to drop.
They shot Scalise, you don't think they can arrange a train crash?
This was a message loud and clear.
Some people don't play nice.
You know it's true, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I read on jimstonefreelance that they were supposed to be in session that day and they had family members on the train and that the roads ahead of the train had been closed. Also that there had been two vehicles, at two consecutive crossings and those on the train were the ones who voted to release the memo.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I can agree that it is not that unusual for a train to hit a truck, but the situations around this one are just not making sense. Why stay in the truck when a train is approaching? Even allowing for stoopid, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and neither do the assumptions surrounding why the truck was on the tracks when viewed in light of the aftermath.

As I said, it doesn't make sense that it was nefarious, nor does it make sense that it was an honest accident.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

That is one expensive warning! Tell me, what would it take for you to voluntarily kill yourself? How much money would it cost for you to stand in front of a train and allow it to run into you?

Now multiply that by three... even though only one died, the other two made desperate attempts.

All to send a warning? No, that just doesn't make any sense to me.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So life and accidents always make sense now?.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Oh yeah.

So they needed 3 guys in the truck to drive it and send a message?

What happens if, when the name of the truck driver is released, it turns out he’s a staunch Republican supporter?

Lemme guess..

MK ultra!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
What if he was a Mohammed? Or another Bernie supporter?

Imagine if it was a train full of dems!

It would take the forrest service and the National Guard to put out all the heads on fire.

OMG! OMG!! Trump tried to Kill US!

edit on 2 1 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Instead, it's the Republican nutjobs claiming it.

Go figure

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

If the truth is known, yes.

Ignorance allows for things to not make sense.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Conspiracy?

Hmmm...

Since 1981, level crossing collisions have become rarer events, according to the relevant statistics, going from over 9,000 events in 1981, down to just over 2,000 in 2016. There is a downward trend, with fewer collisions and fewer fatalities year on year, which, one must assume, is down to crossing collision awareness, and improvements to rail and road infrastructure, making such collisions harder to arrive at by any but either the most determined idiots, or the most determined to die at the wheel of their cars.

However, how probable is it that someone deliberately set up this situation? More to the point, who would be behind it?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This incident should be investigated as domestic terrorism.

This isn't the first time Republicans have been targeted since Trump was elected.
edit on 2/1/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Are you going to even wait for a shred of evidence before you start accusing and attacking people?! What the hell is wrong with you people.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's where it points.

Horrible accident.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There is a Go Fund Me acc't, set up for Chris Foley. It's target was $50K and it's up over $85K now. I put my money where my mouth is on this thread, ( $30 ). It's too easy to sit and pontificate, here on ATS.

Those signals allegedly have been dropping with no trains anywhere around. So the locals started to ignore them. Christopher Foley was 21, and left a one year old son. He was riding shotgun, not driving the refuse truck. So both the driver and the train engineer, will be around to hash this out, in court. It looks that the truck tried to jump the signals and came up short. So the Trucking Company is probably on the hook.

The company also has a go fund me acc't for their deceased employee, but I feel that the one set up by his fiancee' is the way to go. The short line RR operating Co. just might tie up all of that trucking Co.'s assets including their gofundme accounts. I put my own money into the fiancee's gofundme acc't.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Don't be silly, this is a gigantic conspiracy, fake news, paid actors.

JK sarc off.
I have no doubt whatsoever this was human error/bad decision/accident.
edit on 3-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here is some info on how many crossing collisions there are yearly from 1981 to 2016, some years there were 9000+ collisions.
It happens daily.
oli.org...

edit on 4-2-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Vonnie, I turn 71, next Wednesday. Go to Chris's gofundme site and there is a neat photo of him with his infant son. From my creaky perch, he went 50 to 60 years too soon. The customers of that refuse collection service spoke highly of him.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

You have a good heart carpooler
, I will take a look at the page.
Congrats on the impending BDay.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join