It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESP Test Influences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I was wondering if psychic powers are real because we were discussing synchronicity and if that may be some form of clairvoyance.
What is also interesting to me is if certain substances like a beer or what-have-you can enhance the prediction results.
If you feel particularly lab-rat-ish you can also surround yourself with "household radiation" wifi or electricity (sit beneath a high voltage transmission line if you have one nearby) and kindly report back your results.

Psychic Ability Test

It allows you to chose between "predict the future" and "predict a card unknown".
If my personal theory of how it all works has any merit you should get better results if you combine the future option with em-fields and substances with unknown.

Have fun. Report back. Thank you.
(Screenshot of the result would be nice)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I was wondering if psychic powers are real because we were discussing synchronicity and if that may be some form of clairvoyance.

Yikes...

I was just thinking....we haven't had a "test your psi" thread in awhile.

I'll play..."Predict the Future" for $200 alex
edit on 31-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And here I am making one. Congrats to you for feeling a psychic test thread was coming...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And when I correctly get over the average or if I remember correctly 66% DoD MRD division 3 knocking down my door again...

I will pass.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see a compendium of results of the
University ESP projects and the Government funded projects.

How many truly possessed telekinetic ability, intuitive ability,
predictive and prognosticative powers and how many are there?

If you place someone in a closed room and ask them which cards
you draw from a 52-card deck then would you even expect them
to guess the correct card 10% of the time? I don't think I'd do that
good.

reply to: Peeple

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Alex Trebek says, "Besides Linus Pauling, who is the only other scientist, who will, in the future, win two Nobel Prizes??"

PS - Just saw him and JV on the X-files playing MIB last night!! But you knew I was going to say that!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Unfortunately, as with the case of many of the online psychic tests, I would really be leery about using such tools as a validation.

In this case, it's not impossible to get a high number of guesses, but to be a fair scientist here, I wouldn't trust results because:

1. There's only 5 options to select from in each test. Which means right off the bat, you have a 20% chance of randomly guessing and getting the card right.

Now then, think about a modern deck of cards (72). While your odds of randomly guessing the correct card in the stack goes down, it is also more likely that if you get a higher score, it may indicate something is there.

2. These tests do not allow for a control - The control in any scientific experiment is the number you want to compare your results to. In websites like this, the control would basically be set up to randomly "guess" a card while the random algorithm "generates" a card.

With the control, you can get some very basic stats:
A. The total number of correct "guesses" (the computer randomly made) out of the number of total runs.
B. The frequency of randomly generated symbols or cards that were selected (IE: Maybe the algorithm consistently picked the square symbol 60% of the time for you to guess).

C. A pattern to the algorithm used to randomly select the items for you to "guess". It's easy to trick you into thinking you are getting results.

And no, you can't simply randomly "guess" to act as a control, either. My reason for saying this is that you (as the person) already have the intent to attempt to see if you are psychic - you cannot rule out completely that even while "randomly" guessing you are not already having a psychic influence on the computer! Therefore, you need a "dumb" entity to select a card without bias (aka: The Computer).

Now then, if your numbers for guessing are higher than what the control gives (say out of 100 cards the control averaged about 30% by guessing alone, and in the same number of runs you predicted 90% of the cards), that is where you should analyze further.

D. For all you know, someone could have made it seem like you are getting results. Think about an arcade game - many of them are rigged to let someone win every x number of tries to entice people to play that machine again. It wouldn't be that hard to do the same on a simple website like this.

And before anyone calls me a party pooper - The above is coming from someone who practices astral projection every night (with the scientific method of course)

If you'd like, feel free to msg me - I could probably code something that would be a better "test" so to speak.
-foss

top topics

join