It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump decides not to sanction Russia, against urging of Democrats and Republicans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from congress that included all but 5 people?

That is pretty big number. At least explain why to the public. Transparency right?

The decision to sanction or not is not up to Trump. He's the presider, the scapegoat, the game show host, circus ring announcer, the Deep Puppet of State.

Yes he is the executor of the law. However, to not execute a law all but 5 members has voted on is not normal without a public explanation and a debate with congress.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

No, 'they got caught' blaming some list of rich people for "election hacking".

Naming names was the problem. Sanctions have been levied for election hacking already, but up till now they haven't matched the list in Forbes...lol.

Big Whoops.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from cores that included all bit 5 people?

That is pretty big number. At least explain why to the public. Transparency right?

... his aspirations for power do not really involve moving borders insomuch as moving currency.

Crimea would indicate otherwise.

It would indicate that he is MORE interested in moving borders than cash?

I'd like to see if you misunderstood me, or if you actually can support that assertion. Because he's become literally stuffed with cash, while having 2 skirmishes with foreign USSR states.

BTW, his actions in both Ukraine and Crimea were more about loading down more cash.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yes he is the executor of the law.

He is the peoples elected representative to the Executive Branch. His job is to veto stupid , meddlesome, dangerous laws that could endanger the American Public.

Problem is, he was (s)elected, because he's a billionaire businessman. He's one of them.

BTW: This nation is at undeclared war in multiple nations around the globe . This AM reports indicate another US airstrike gone wrong killed multiple people in Iraq.

edit on 31-1-2018 by intrptr because: BTW:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from cores that included all bit 5 people?

... his aspirations for power do not really involve moving borders insomuch as moving currency.

Crimea would indicate otherwise.

It would indicate that he is MORE interested in moving borders than cash?

I'd like to see if you misunderstood me, or if you actually can support that assertion. Because he's become literally stuffed with cash, while having 2 skirmishes with foreign USSR states.

BTW, his actions in both Ukraine and Crimea were more about loading down more cash.

I don't disagree with your assertion that one of Putin's prerogatives is to enrich himself at all costs, merely to highlight the fact that he is not averse to military action to achieve those prerogatives (at the expense of potential war should that be the best option for him at the time).

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, 'they got caught' blaming some list of rich people for "election hacking".

Naming names was the problem. Sanctions have been levied for election hacking already, but up till now they haven't matched the list in Forbes...lol.

Big Whoops.

I'm sorry, but I can't parse your post.... Could you elucidate this more clearly? Are you saying the Forbes list is the more accurate list? Are you saying the original list compiled of Putin's cronies (you know, the ones who financed the hacking and troll-bot operations) had nothing to do with the hacking?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sure. But his job is to pass the laws congress makes. Not silently let them pass by without enforcement.

I agree the sanctions from my armchair may be stupid but he certainly owes an explanation for not passing a law passed by all but 5 people.

It's far easier to buy one guy than all of Congress.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Why sanction the Russians? According to the state department, the mere threat of sanctions already lost them billions in military contracts.

Merely repeating the Dem canard that Russia threatened or meddled in American democracy doesn’t justify sanctioning an entire country.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Because all but 5 people in the house and Senate passed the law?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: 23432

Lol. You are A brit that votes. A single person.

Hence you speak for yourself.

And yeah. I don't live in lala land. Congress as bad as it is is what makes laws. I am not dumb enough to think my beliefs are more important than the process.

I don't disagree Congress is bought however it's far easier to buy the president who is one man.

This is the purpose of the system which has always been full of money and corruption.

Just because the information isore result available now doest discredit it's never been perfect. Ever. There were times it was actually far worse.

Dude , wake up .

It is not the Congress that makes the Legislation which ordinary Americans want and need . Congress serves the Lobbiests.

In an ideal world where people actually represented in politics without Lobbiest , maybe you would be correct .

But the situation is nowhere near as you would like to believe .

How is the Congress legislate in favour of " People " ?

If you have no money , you are nobody in American Politics .

It's not the fault of Americans that the Congress is manipulated , bought and made to serve anyone but American People .

You maybe a glass half full kinda guy but you keep ignoring the hole at the bottom of the glass ; no matter how much water you pour in , the glass will never be full .

It [ glass ] needs replacing so that the tax farm [usa] can go on ; owners of the Country already knows this and have taken precautions to stop Glass with hole being replaced .

Legal FrameWork is already passed to enable Voluntary Servitude and BlockChain Tech is the enabler of the " New Glass " .

Unless Americans rise up and " go to Washington " ; you already lost this battle ; your Grandkids Taxes are already being traded in Futures Markets .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The entire intelligence community are dems?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I think Crimea was about strategic military objectives; keeping Ukraine out of NATO, and of course they wanted to keep their navy base at Sevastopol. I don't get how they are supposed to be making money on Crimea?

True, they didn't do it to move the border, that was just a nice bonus. But these days not a lot of borders get moved anyhow, it really is more about business and having nukes and information war. Putin can't be acting like Hitler even if he wanted to, it would be big mess for everyone. So I don't think he deserves any praise for not moving borders, he just knows it wouldn't be a good idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Why sanction the Russians? According to the state department, the mere threat of sanctions already lost them billions in military contracts.

Merely repeating the Dem canard that Russia threatened or meddled in American democracy doesn’t justify sanctioning an entire country.

Well, although Luthier has already mentioned this multiple times: because congress has overwhelmingly voted for sanctions. Secondly, the threat of sanctions is not of the same magnitude of effect as actual sanctions (though if you disagree I would be very interested to hear your theory as to why). Secondly, unless you discount every investigative agency who has looking into the Russian election meddling, it would be clear it is not merely a Democrat 'canard' as you put it, since as I've already mentioned most Republicans support/confirm the data stating that very meddling.

Hypothetically, if Putin's efforts are to undermine the US Electoral process so that he gains benefits via either the ensuing chaos or through even more direct 'Manchurian Candidate' like means, then reducing the pain he feels from completing those actions only plays directly into his hand and engenders more reason for him to double down and increase the interference. It also (as I've mentioned in the OP) appears weirdly conspiratorial that the very man accused of being in Putin's pocket is actively reducing the harm that a unanimous US congress wishes to inflict on Putin/Russia for the meddling.

link   
a reply to: 23432

You entire rant is completely insignificant and has nothing to do with the process.

You are a zealot. We get it.

Your posts are irrelevant to how the process works.

link   

Because all but 5 people in the house and Senate passed the law?

All but 5 people in the house and senate are wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So what?

That doesn't make the process irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

For a conspiracy forum I find it weirdly disconcerting that what is seemingly a occurrence akin to handing a conspiracy up to the public on a silver platter is being ignored on a site who's focus is just that.

The conspirators have suborned the conspiracy theorists. By posing as conspiracy theorists, Russian trolls have left a trail that has led CTs so far into the woods that they refuse to see what anyone with eyes can see.

I get the same impression. Its like Trump supporters have been conditioned over the last year to disbelieve anything from anyone that isn't Trump.

Right! You can say that again, the three wise monkeys wouldn't be in it, such is the depth.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I’m not sure imposing sanctions on a country in order to appear innocent is a good enough reason to impose sanctions. That reeks to me like trying to save ones skin by keeping up appearances.

The points made by the president and the state department as to why sanctions will not be imposed at this time still stand.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So what?

That doesn't make the process irrelevant.

No one said it did.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So trump should explain why he rejected a law passed by all but 5 people. That is all I am saying.

Not just silently ignore it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join