It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump decides not to sanction Russia, against urging of Democrats and Republicans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Just saying he went to Fordham. He probably at least knows the word jesuit.

Most people don't know what jesuit are in terms of reality. They think they run the world like the godly George soros conspiracies.

edit on 31-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: smurfy

Seems to me, it's one of two things. He either loves Putin, or he's scared of him.
Pick your poison.

It's both. He admires Putin's ruthlessness, and Putin does indeed hold kompromat, as we will soon learn, thanks to Nunes' memorandum. (The Schiff memorandum is already on desks at the Washington Post and New York Times.)
edit on 31-1-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 23432

Again your conspiracies however true, are irrelevant.

The people can vote the reps out if they don't like the sanctions. That is how it works.

If the public wasnt labotimized they would do so.

The fact remains, whatever your conspiracy theory, it's not very common for the president to over rule a massive majority, particularly without a discussion as to why.

It much harder and takes far more work to buy congress than one man.

Hence why it's set up that way.

It is not my personal conspiracy . You make it sound like I made the stuff up ; I didn't .

Crunch of your argument seems to be based on " Labotimized Americans " ; in other words you think you are better than your fellow Americans .

Democracy works this way , no ?

In Britain no one would use the word " lobotimized " for the electorate .

It would be too condensending .

The Age of Empires is upon the Earth and Trump is the perfect candidate to represent USA in this new era .

I

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Seems to me, it's one of two things. He either loves Putin, or he's scared of him.
Pick your poison.

Perhaps he believes that anyone with the skills to hack the US government may also have the skills to hide their identity.

Perhaps he believes that giving the voters more information isn't interfering with democracy but helping it.

Perhaps he's afraid of the EU stopping trade with the US due to the fact these sanctions can impact ANY company working with the Russian oil infrastructure.

It's a very complicated issue.

You may be right, Trump might just be trying to get into Putin's pants.
But there's other factors to consider also.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thats why they stopped the sanctions, somebody saw the list was copied from Forbes. How credible does that make any investigation into "Election Hacking" sound?

Of course that Forbes list of Oligarchs matches the list the State Department has of 'election hackers'.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats why they stopped the sanctions, somebody saw the list was copied from Forbes. How credible does that make any investigation into "Election Hacking" sound?

Of course that Forbes list of Oligarchs matches the list the State Department has of 'election hackers'.

Did you know that "Forbes" is Russian slang for a rich "sugar daddy?" Of course you do. Do you know why?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

The people can vote the reps out if they don't like the sanctions. That is how it works.

The fact remains, whatever your conspiracy theory, it's not very common for the president to over rule a massive majority, particularly without a discussion as to why.

It is not my personal conspiracy . You make it sound like I made the stuff up ; I didn't .

Crunch of your argument seems to be based on " Labotimized Americans " ; in other words you think you are better than your fellow Americans .

The Age of Empires is upon the Earth and Trump is the perfect candidate to represent USA in this new era .

I

Sure bud

Again your narrative is not real.

Congress makes laws.

When a president over rides a near unamous vote he owes the public an explanation. It's time for a debate.

You speak with a lot of authority for a guy using conspiracy theories that have nothing to do with how the laws work.

In Brittain people would not use the word labotimized?

Your joking ? Now you speak for Brittain. Perhaps you should watch some Monty python.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I think you are misunderstanding. The original list was compiled by experts in the field who were aware of just which Oligarch's were Putin cronies. The Trump administration did a sudden last minute about face, threw out the well researched expert list, and instead just cribbed the top names of the Forbes list (which by a strange coincidence contained a lot fewer of Putin's cronies).
edit on 05am18famWed, 31 Jan 2018 09:52:12 -0600America/ChicagoWed, 31 Jan 2018 09:52:12 -0600 by Wayfarer because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It's really funny the mighty US has a president who is Putins slut.
And it wouldn't have to have come to this if Hillary wouldn't be such an awful person...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

My opinion: without more information, I cannot say that sanctioning Russia is not a rush to judgement.

Not to mention a hypocrisy that is exceptional.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from congress that included all but 5 people?

That is pretty big number. At least explain why to the public. Transparency right?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

I

Sure bud

Again your narrative is not real.

Congress makes laws.

When a president over rides a near unamous vote he owes the public an explanation. It's time for a debate.

You speak with a lot of authority for a guy using conspiracy theories that have nothing to do with how the laws work.

In Brittain people would not use the word labotimized?

Your joking ? Now you speak for Brittain. Perhaps you should watch some Monty python.

You really believe in the sanctity of the Congress and the Law making process , don't you

First of all , Legislation is not really the LAW .

Second , those who pay for it ; sponsors the Legislation which you mistakenly refer as LAW .

It only has the force of Law when the Consent is given .

And why wouldn't I speak for British politics ?

I am a Brit who vote .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from cores that included all bit 5 people?

That is pretty big number. At least explain why to the public. Transparency right?

Agreed.

We don't have the information they have, whether legit intel or just crony directives. But the playbook we have in front of us is different for sure. But what I see is that the Russia interference narrative is fairly specious in most part (the DNC servers, for example), and could all boil down to the same nonsense all nations pull on each other.

Its not like Russia should be seen as anyones friend. If Putin were not so sane, he'd make a run at Hitler status I am sure. He's certainly not a very good guy, but his aspirations for power do not really involve moving borders insomuch as moving currency.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What was he doing in Crimea or in Ukraine if not "moving borders"?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The original list was compiled by experts in the field who were aware of just which Oligarch's were Putin cronies.

The point is none of them were responsible for any 'phony election hack'. This was waaay too obvious.

Ergo, they stopped it.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Lol. You are A brit that votes. A single person.

Hence you speak for yourself.

And yeah. I don't live in lala land. Congress as bad as it is is what makes laws. I am not dumb enough to think my beliefs are more important than the process.

I don't disagree Congress is bought however it's far easier to buy the president who is one man.

This is the purpose of the system which has always been full of money and corruption.

Just because the information isore result available now doest discredit it's never been perfect. Ever. There were times it was actually far worse.

link   

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from congress that included all but 5 people?

The decision to sanction or not is not up to Trump. He's the presider, the scapegoat, the game show host, circus ring announcer, the Deep Puppet of State.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Personal opinions aside shouldn't trump explain why he is going to ignore a vote from cores that included all bit 5 people?

... his aspirations for power do not really involve moving borders insomuch as moving currency.

Crimea would indicate otherwise.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The original list was compiled by experts in the field who were aware of just which Oligarch's were Putin cronies.

The point is none of them were responsible for any 'phony election hack'. This was waaay too obvious.

Ergo, they stopped it.

Again, you are mistaken. They (being Trump and his administration), didn't stop it, they merely shifted many of Putin's cronies off of it and instead filled the vacancies with Putin's political opponents (which as I mentioned in my OP is strangely conspiratorial given the furor surrounding Trump and Russia).

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Pick your poison.

Perhaps he believes that anyone with the skills to hack the US government may also have the skills to hide their identity.

Perhaps he believes that giving the voters more information isn't interfering with democracy but helping it.

Perhaps he's afraid of the EU stopping trade with the US due to the fact these sanctions can impact ANY company working with the Russian oil infrastructure.

It's a very complicated issue.

You may be right, Trump might just be trying to get into Putin's pants.
But there's other factors to consider also.

And maybe at times we have a tendency to make things more complicated than they are.

I thought at the beginning, Russia was interfering with our election, to keep us off balance. Conflicted. Perhaps they didn't really have a dog in the race, but just wanted to mess with us. I half way expected, once T. was in office, they would flip their position, and begin trying to derail him, while they sat and laughed at our confusion. But they haven't done that.

They have been steady. I think they've found a buddy here in the U.S. Whether it's under duress, remains to be seen. Perhaps Mueller can sort it out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join