It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted: Turkeys Fake war in Afrin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Watch out for these fake images of the Turkish offensive on Afrin

In the wake of Turkey’s ground offensive on the Kurdish enclave of Afrin in northern Syria, several fake images have been shared online.

observers.france24.com...

LMFAO how embarrassing

Pro-Erdogan television stations broadcast images that actually date back years

Some Turkish media organisations got caught up in the fake image madness. These amateur images were broadcast on January 20 by A Haber, a private television station that is extremely popular in Turkey and known for its pro-government leanings. The presenter claimed that these images show exchanges of artillery fire between theTurkish army and the YPG in the region around Afrin .

Just one issue… this same footage was posted on YouTube in August 2014, which means that the footage can’t possibly show the recent fighting in Afrin. In fact, whoever posted the footage back then claimed that it shows clashes between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian troops in the region around Donetsk, in southern Ukraine.

However, according to the site Teyit.org, this footage is actually even older than that. Their journalists discovered that this footage was originally taken in September 2012 and shows tactical exercises being carried out by the Russian Armed Forces in the Caucasus.

LOL it gets funnier the more you read

Dutch fighting squads above Afrin?

This video filmed from the cockpit of an F16 has been posted on several different YouTube accounts since Sunday. The people who posted this video claims that it showed squads of Turkish fighter jets on a bombing mission over Afrin.

However, a simple search on the YouTube Data Viewer, which tracks down previous occasions that the same video was posted to YouTube, revealed that this video was actually filmed on April 30, 2013.

The original post lacks a Turkish voice speaking off-camera, which were added to later versions in an attempt to deliberately manipulate the viewer. In actuality, this video was filmed not in Syria, but during an aviation display held in the Netherlands for the coronation of King Willem-Alexander.

How embarrassing and humiliating for Turkey.
I guess the reality of the war they entered and the poor outcomes for them so far aren’t so flattering to show their people for silly chest thumping exercises so they fake it. LOL

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Their fake news reporters/stations were probably trained by some guys and girls from CNN, ABC, or CBS.. Never let the facts (TRUTH) get in the way of a good story,,

edit on 727stk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
"Believe only half what you see in person and nothing what you read", never has this been a truer statement than the times we live in now..

The manipulation is criminal...

RA

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sure. But it's not CNN, ABC or CBS whose reporting the fake videos and images.

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A high level US delegation is in Ankara to talk about cooperation and the Turkish military operation in Syria's Afrin region.

The operation has strained relations between the two nations. which has been rattled over the last few years by the US involvement in Syria.

US officials argue that the reason for a Kurdish border force in northern Syria is to protect returning civilians and fight Daesh. Turkey, on the other hand, is concerned that US-supported groups are actually terrorists posing a grave national security risk right IN its backyard.

Our Correspondent Ediz Tiyansan has this analysis of events from Washington.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The only Thing *Erdy* wants is to use his War on Terrorism for is to wipe out the Kurds. His Connections to Radial Islam are more than clear. However I think once he goes gloves up with the Kurds he is going to realise theese guy's dont talk the talk but they sure as hell walk the walk!! . I hope he get's his arse kicked. Shame on the EU Parliment for not speaking out against blatant genocide.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murphy2292
The only Thing *Erdy* wants is to use his War on Terrorism for is to wipe out the Kurds. His Connections to Radial Islam are more than clear. However I think once he goes gloves up with the Kurds he is going to realise theese guy's dont talk the talk but they sure as hell walk the walk!! . I hope he get's his arse kicked. Shame on the EU Parliment for not speaking out against blatant genocide.

Radical Islam did you say ?

LOL

Still beating on a dead horse , eh ?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I guess the reality of the war they entered and the poor outcomes for them so far aren’t so flattering to show their people for silly chest thumping exercises so they fake it. LOL

I got news for you... Turkey is invading Syria, NOT Kurdland, YPG or some 'terrorists'.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Turkey, on the other hand, is concerned that US-supported groups are actually terrorists posing a grave national security risk right IN its backyard.

"IN" side Syria is not Turkeys "backyard".

Nice play, US is supporting Turkeys invasion of Syria with intel on the ground and in the air from Incirlik air base, "IN' side Turkey. All operations are covertly being carried under the flag of NATO.

If Lil Kim so much as hiccups along the border in Korea, watch out. Yet here, a NATO member state is invading another country with impunity.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
A friend of mine, from turkish origin, visited his parents for three months in turkey.
When he came back and i told him(people often use me as their personal news channel xD) what happened here, in the "USA and somewhere else on earth, he was shocked a bit.

And told me that you don´t get any news from outside of turkey, in turkey anymore. The whole media there is a Erdolf propaganda show, nothing more than that. He told me that you only hear about how great Erdolf is, how great everything is that Erdolf thinks is great.

I had to give him a summary of world news of the three months he was in turkey, he couldn´t believe what he missed, he almost knew nothing about anything that happened outside of turkey. Reminds me of the former Third Reich, the former GDR, NK, China and the greatest of all the great nations, with even a greater than great president.

Every journalist in turkey, that would report negative things about Erdolf, is in jail or to afraid to talk and then get arrested. People on the streets, even in their own families, are afraid to say what they really think, because even radical family members put their relatives into jail, for critizing Erdolf. That´s where this kind of propaganda ends, when radicalism rules over logical thinking.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I had to give him a summary of world news of the three months he was in turkey, he couldn´t believe what he missed, he almost knew nothing about anything that happened outside of turkey. Reminds me of the former Third Reich, the former GDR, NK, China and the greatest of all the great nations, with even a greater than great president.

The people of Turkey, as elsewhere, are kept in the dark about NATO's involvement ongoing in Syrian Regime Change.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
New for you and the Turks...the Kurds have thousands of ATGM courtesy of Israel, Europe, America, Russia, and even China.

Go on Turkey send the tanks in.

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The people of Turkey, as elsewhere, are kept in the dark about NATO's involvement ongoing in Syrian Regime Change.

Can just speak for germany, we know what is going on. Last night there was a documentary of how "our" foreign minister Sigmar "Siggi Pop" Gabriel promised to upgrade the turkish tanks, after everybody knew that Erdolf started to invade syria and to terrorize the kurds, once again. And how Gabriel defended that, while knowing what really happens and that these german tanks are involved in the illegal war, coming and prepared annexion and in the acts of terror against the kurds. Defended it with: We can´t leave a NATO partner that fights the "IS" alone...

Erdolf fights the "IS" like the "U"S fights the "IS", with support for the "IS", the "IS" terrorists could even pass the turkish border without problems, to be threatened in turkish hospitals. Everybody here knows about that since years, so Gabriel too. All these liars and hypocrites that defend such actions show their real face. The NATO really should kick turkey out and bring Erdolf to Den Haag, but there ist that refugee problem Erdolf blackmails western europe with. And there is a lot of money to make, a fortiori to germany and his weapon producers, the corporations that make profits of wars. And "our" polticians are their puppets, as we can see.

This was even shown on transatlantic ruled "Staatsfunk", will try to find it and post it here. It´s not on youtube yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

we don't agree on much but my Turkish friends and landlord all echo what your saying about the control factor in turkey right now.

The Turks at the nato base even seem to be walking on egg shells.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I got news for you... Turkey is invading Syria, NOT Kurdland, YPG or some 'terrorists'.

It's a temporary incursion not a permanent one .

As soon as the area is clear of terrorist , Turks will leave .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
New for you and the Turks...the Kurds have thousands of ATGM courtesy of Israel, Europe, America, Russia, and even China.

Go on Turkey send the tanks in.

a reply to: intrptr

Turks ain't scarred .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

we don't agree on much but my Turkish friends and landlord all echo what your saying about the control factor in turkey right now.

The Turks at the nato base even seem to be walking on egg shells.

Most people in Turkey are not scarred at all .

Your friends are cowards maybe ?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Can just speak for germany, we know what is going on. Last night there was a documentary of how "our" foreign minister Sigmar "Siggi Pop" Gabriel promised to upgrade the turkish tanks, after everybody knew that Erdolf started to invade syria and to terrorize the kurds, once again. And how Gabriel defended that, while knowing what really happens and that these german tanks are involved in the illegal war, coming and prepared annexion and in the acts of terror against the kurds. Defended it with: We can´t leave a NATO partner that fights the "IS" alone...

Erdolf fights the "IS" like the "U"S fights the "IS", with support for the "IS", the "IS" terrorists could even pass the turkish border without problems, to be threatened in turkish hospitals. Everybody here knows about that since years, so Gabriel too. All these liars and hypocrites that defend such actions show their real face. The NATO really should kick turkey out and bring Erdolf to Den Haag, but there ist that refugee problem Erdolf blackmails western europe with. And there is a lot of money to make, a fortiori to germany and his weapon producers, the corporations that make profits of wars. And "our" polticians are their puppets, as we can see.

This was even shown on transatlantic ruled "Staatsfunk", will try to find it and post it here. It´s not on youtube yet.

Turks know that infidels are all one Nation .

When Germany start expelling Turks en masse , you should really start to worry .

edit on 31-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Please use a translator, but turkey is preparing the annexion of the Sheba region:
Nordsyrien: Türkische Regierung bereitet Annexion der Sheba-Region vor

Turkey even appointed a province governor for parts of syria:
Türkei ernennt Provinzgouverneur für Teile Nordsyriens

Then this, they thread their "NATO partners" from the overseas:
Syrien-OffensiveTürkei droht den USA

There is nothing with "anti-terrorism", you just call every dirty move you make on earth as "anti-terror", nowadays. Everybody does, mostly the terrorists themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: 23432

Please use a translator, but turkey is preparing the annexion of the Sheba region:
Nordsyrien: Türkische Regierung bereitet Annexion der Sheba-Region vor

Turkey even appointed a province governor for parts of syria:
Türkei ernennt Provinzgouverneur für Teile Nordsyriens

Then this, they thread their "NATO partners" from the overseas:
Syrien-OffensiveTürkei droht den USA

There is nothing with "anti-terrorism", you just call every dirty move you make on earth as "anti-terror", nowadays. Everybody does, mostly the terrorists themselves.

Better Turks do it than American or Europeans ; if Syria is to be partitioned than obviously Turkmen's interest will be protected .

What is so strange about it ?

Do you really think Turks will just roll over and give up their legit claims ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join