It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching SOTU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The SOTU is waste of time. Nothing will change. The rich keep getting richer and the purchasing power of the dollar for the working man will continue the 30 year decline.

Keep dreaming...

You should have watched.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I love George Carlin. I bet he would love to be alive in this day.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The SOTU is waste of time. Nothing will change. The rich keep getting richer and the purchasing power of the dollar for the working man will continue the 30 year decline.

Keep dreaming...

You should have watched.

Sounds like George is talking about Barack. People who hate the USA

No we can be proud that we are rejecting the politicians and giving a business leader a chance to fix the Obama mess, and make America Great Again!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
I have been watching and absolutely love POTUS speech.

Alot of applause and a lot of obvious ignoring and refusal to clap by 'some' on the left at times your would think everyone would be please. At the same time many on the left did stand and clap, so that says something. Maybe somewhere in their heart they agree and have the courage to stand.

What do you think about the speech?
At one point a Democrat started vigorously applauding and leaned forward, about to stand up...He looked around and realized those near to him were still sitting and not applauding, so he sat back down and quit clapping his hands...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Seriously? We got to see one of the best Presidential speeches ever - LIVE!

You're going to have to watch the re-runs.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Willtell
no

I love how people who loathe Trump refuse to listen.

And yet you'd have no problem professing who you think he is and what he's about.

The irony.

What do you want me to say, the guy asked who was watching. I was watching the Knicks beat the Nets not the speech.

I've never watched one Obama speech so I'm certainly never going to watch a self serving, probably filled with lies, speech by trump

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Did Silly have to get a new username?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

Alot of applause and a lot of obvious ignoring and refusal to clap by 'some' on the left at times your would think everyone would be please. At the same time many on the left did stand and clap, so that says something. Maybe somewhere in their heart they agree and have the courage to stand.

At one point a Democrat started vigorously applauding and leaned forward, about to stand up...He looked around and realized those near to him were still sitting and not applauding, so he sat back down and quit clapping his hands...

That is a sad state when we are more concerned about what our peers think rather than standing for what we believe.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

Did Silly have to get a new username?

Its called the truth, something trump and his followers know nothing about

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

LOL you guys crack me up! Please continue to destroy your party!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

I have no political party--my party is the human race
edit on 30-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: liveandlearn

It was BEYOND my expectations.
Wonderful.

I second that. Well delivered speech.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OMGosh!
Did you see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face???
Every time the camera panned to her!
She's so brazen that she doesn't even care!
And half of the time, she was turned around yakking to other people. So rude! Such self-importance!

You would think that the demoncrats would have learned something by now! They just come across as uncompromising & not caring at all about the country. I wonder what kind of negative spin they will put on all the wild applause & cheering?

WOQ
edit on 30-1-2018 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasobservingquietly
OMGosh!
Did you see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face???
Every time the camera panned to her!
She's so brazen that she doesn't even care!
And half of the time, she was turned around yakking to other people. So rude! Such self-importance!

You would think that the demoncrats would have learned something by now! I wonder what kind of negative spin they will put on all the wild applause & cheering?

WOQ

I noticed her face. She is so out of touch and thinks she is taking the high road. Don't know if there is a high road. Clean the government up then we may be able to see clearly.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That’s a big “negatory”!!

Why? Not enough politics to argue about? Two threads seem enough...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Mostly a good speech. Grand theater. Trump presented well.

However his using M13 references to paint and smear all the undocumented was the low point of the speech.

Most of the American complaint about the undocumented is that they are taking away jobs from them.

But, Trump seems to feel that's not enough to justify solving the immigration problem.

In his speech he deliberately tries to "demonize" the illegals, pointing out the tiny criminal element of a few hundred, when we know there are somewhere around 20 Million hard working undocumented in the land.

So, that was a Presidential low.

The President should rise above these "swipes".

He can just be honest and say, 20 million undocumented are taking jobs that Americans want, and that's enough.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

However his using M13 references to paint and smear all the undocumented was the low point of the speech.

He didn't do that. Re-listen to the speech.

When he was talking about MS-13, it was mainly in regard to drugs and crime, and getting those kinds of people out of our country and preventing them from coming in. Ending chain-migration, the lottery system, and building the wall, and increased border security is COMMON SENSE.

Trump has said many times, just as he did tonight, that he wants a pathway to citizenship for those who came here when very young. He has even talked about having heart when dealing with this decades-old issue.

He was not painting all undocumented immigrants with the MS-13 brush, but, of course, that is the way those opposed to solving the problem will see it, and that is what they "hear" even though it's not what he said.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Willtell
no

I love how people who loathe Trump refuse to listen.

And yet you'd have no problem professing who you think he is and what he's about.

The irony.

We loathe him BECAUSE we listened to him. I have for 50 yrs.. thru bankruptcies and divorces.

I woke up.. But he DOES read scripted statements well.. A little slow and measured but.. still can see it to read it
edit on 31-1-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join