It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Memo is Being Vetted by DOJ, FBI, NSA and DNI

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: luthier
Fbi official statement.

"With regard to the House Intelligence Committee's memorandum, the FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it," the bureau said.

"As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy."

So the FBI doesn't agree with a memo that shows the FBI in a negative manner.

Well I am so shocked.

I think (as is shown just in the couple of posts above yours) is that they take issue with certain omission of facts in the memo that paint the picture in a distorted fashion.

Then release the memo, and let the FBI issue another statement explaining what those omissions were. Because right now it just looks like they don't want anyone checking up on them.

I think it likely something like that is in fact going to occur, though I'm not certain the 'omissions' will end up coming directly from the FBI...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Most concerning that FISA was used to spy on American citizens.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Is anybody really worried about how "our secrets" were collected?

I'm sure Obama's bunch already sold that information to the highest bidder, or left backdoors open so they could get it themselves.

Hell! Our own FBI was letting contractors with no clearance access stuff, weren't they?

Nah! Release the da*n memo. The People have spoken.

We are so far down the road.

I recall just a year ago everyone denied FISA was part of this.

Games up.....

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Sure it's expected.

It's as expected as republicans writing a memo and screaming in the news to try and sway voters in an election year where things appear to be trending the wrong way. And have bad pr from the mueller investigation. Knowing full well the source information will never be made public.

It's most ikely all bs we will never know the truth from. Much like Mueller and his investigation.

It's most likely a distraction from whatever scams they are doing to us right now.

People don't want to know the truth they want the opposite party to lose.

People don't care about justice they pass over the expansion of fisa.

They want the democrats or republicans to lose.

They don't care about justice or transparency.

edit on 31-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
What of the fact that Director Wray (you know, the man Trump personally appointed to head the FBI agency) has come out against releasing the memo because its inaccurate and propaganda?

Bloomberg article

Not surprising.
As Comey said, FISA is "Crown Jewels" of surveillance.

Its a secret court, all a secret.

Cant have it exposed ya know.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The FISA abusers will become their own victims.

😆 ⚖️

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The FISA abusers will become their own victims.

😆 ⚖️

Maybe already have.

Taste of their own medicine....

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: intrptr

Most concerning that FISA was used to spy on American citizens.

US gubment spying on its citizens?

Nooo...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
and once again Democrats get caught leaking false info to the media...

Transcript Shows The Daily Beast Peddled Fake News About Devin Nunes
The Daily Beast's headline, subheadline, and lede about the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee refusing to answer a question are all false.

January 31, 2018 By Mollie Hemingway

Once again, reporters got burned by believing anonymous Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Betsy Woodruff and Spencer Ackerman of The Daily Beast credulously believed their “sources familiar with the exchange,” who said Republican Rep. Devin Nunes, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, refused to deny he had coordinated with the White House when putting together a memo alleging surveillance and law enforcement abuses at the FBI.

In fact, Nunes explicitly denied the charge before shutting down the line of questioning in order to provide other members who were not trying to hijack the hearing time to get actual committee business done.

According to a transcript of the meeting, the Daily Beast’s headline, subheadline, and lede are all false. The headline was “Devin Nunes Won’t Say If He Worked With White House on Anti-FBI Memo.” The subhead was “The House intel committee GOP leader refused to answer behind closed doors if he coordinated with the president’s team on his report blasting Rosenstein, Comey, and McCabe.” The lede is “The Republican chairman of the House intelligence committee refused to answer when a colleague asked him if he had coordinated his incendiary surveillance memo with the White House, The Daily Beast has learned.” But that apparently wasn’t enough, as the Daily Beast even blared “non-denial” above the headline in bright red font.

click link for full article...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It is Because.........It Names Names who Committed Criminal Acts......

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
My new motto is screw the memo's.

Let's see the DOJ's IG report.... I place more faith in that.

That is the proverbial 800 pound gorilla in the corner.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join