It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's No Way Mueller Indicts Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
From the Atlantic via Yahoo.

There's No Way Mueller Indicts Trump

This is an opinion piece from the Atlantic

The author says that it is a long standing tradition that the sitting president will not be indicted. Instead the piece says that Mueller would write a report to acting head of the DOJ. Rod Rosenstein would have the discretion to whom will see the report.

He won’t do it for the good and sufficient reason that the Department of Justice has a long-standing legal opinion that sitting presidents may not be indicted. First issued in 1973 during the Nixon era, the policy was reaffirmed in 2000, during the Clinton era. These rules bind all Department of Justice employees, and Mueller, in the end, is a Department of Justice employee. More to the point, if we know anything about Mueller, we think we know that he follows the rules—all of them. Even the ones that restrict him in ways he would prefer they not. And if he were to choose not to follow the rules, that, in turn, would be a reasonable justification for firing him. So … the special counsel will not indict the president. What can Mueller do if he finds evidence of criminality involving the president? He can and will (as authorized by Department of Justice regulations) file a report on his findings with the attorney general (or, since Attorney General Sessions is, in this case, recused, with the deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein).

Just reporting.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you get rid of Trump then there will be president Pence...who wants that?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

Far as I know, you can’t charge, arrest, or indict a sitting POTUS. First he would have to be impeached and with the GOP running all three branches Mueller would have to have an air tight case for R’s to throw out Trump.

There might be other avenues but I don’t know what they would be.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
More over if Trump is removed unlawfully. You can bet there will be grave consequences.

Not even joking on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Please remind me what President Trump is going to be indicted for exactly.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

One guess, money laundering.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

To be fair, if it was shown that Trump colluded with the Russian government to win the election we would have a much bigger problem than Pence in the Oval Office.

The Right would argue that per the Constitution Pence should be President. The Left on the other hand would argue that since Trump was not legitimately elected Pence does not have an actual claim to the office and would want a run off. In the end it would probably mean civil war.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Please remind me what President Trump is going to be indicted for exactly.

Winning and in the process defeating and humiliating a leftist icon.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

"Leftist icon"... hahahaha. Hillary was no leftist icon (and not even measurably leftist).
Remember all the left support she had on ATS? hint: almost zero.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You mean "100th guess, since the first 99 have all failed to carry any water." Seriously, this accusation of impropriety by dartboard nonsense needs to stop.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

LOL

Is that where the "left" conspiracy theories are ranging now?

I guess its possible. But its not collusion, nor is it obstruction.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The Right would argue that per the Constitution Pence should be President. The Left on the other hand would argue that since Trump was not legitimately elected Pence does not have an actual claim to the office and would want a run off. In the end it would probably mean civil war.

Civil war would have to come in the form of left-wing rioting.
The sitting administration would control the national forces. The letter of the Constitution would support "Pence takes over", so a demand for a run-off could only be a "moral" claim, and it would get no military backing.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In a couple of months it will be "Trump has 2 unpaid parking tickets and a citation for littering in Central Park, March 19th of 1987." This has become such a laughable little witch hunt all born out of a childish inability to accept not getting their own way.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hmmmm? Seems like a very good guess to me. Trump continues to hide his financials, where’s the tax records? He’s gone bankrupt 6 times and US banks ain’t giving him any loans so he has to go abroad. His sons bragged, years ago, about their dealings with Russian obligarchs. On top of that, real estate and money laundering go together like peanut butter and jelly.

So no, this won’t stop until Mueller is ready to share his findings. Deal with it as best you can.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I’m not Leftist. Just because I don’t subscribe to conservative nonsense doesn’t make me a Lib.

As far as collusion, eh, there could be something there but my money is on money laundering. As far as obstruction, Trump admitted on national TV he fired Comey over the Russian thing. What more do you need, accusations he tried to fire Mueller too? Oh wait...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hmmmm? Seems like a very good guess to me. Trump continues to hide his financials, where’s the tax records?

Derp.

He could just release completely fraudulent tax records on the internet, which show whatever he wants them to show, then direct Mueller to view them online, and that would be that.

There is precedent for that approach to *cough* transparency.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Paul Ryan,as speaker of the house, is up after the VP.

That would be if anyone cares after the left protesters with posters and the right protests with 2A rights.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

He’s gone bankrupt 6 times and US banks ain’t giving him any loans so he has to go abroad.

Trump has gone bankrupt exactly zero times. He has declared chapter 11 bankruptcy on several businesses. Big difference.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
if there's evidence to prove illegal activites of his kids or kurshner... would he be willing to deal with mueller to keep his family from spending an extended term in prison. and, before anyone goes off telling me how mueller has nothing, it's a big nothingburger.... please note the work IF at the beginning of the sentence... look up it's meaning in a dictionary if you have to.
if mueller has the evidence to prosecute his family, I think he would cave, all mueller would have to do is to offer him super light sentences for them if he left office. just keep a good portion of the money laundering charges on a back burner to later use after he leaves office.

and, to be honest, I really wouldn't take the idea that mueller could just come out and indict him while he was president. , although I doubt if he would unless there was some really gross misdeeds going on while he is in office that is passing the line into treason.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL

Is that where the "left" conspiracy theories are ranging now?

I guess its possible. But its not collusion, nor is it obstruction.

It's my understanding that "collusion" isn't in and of itself a crime. Unfortunately, that's the buzzword everyone--including Trump himself--latched on to.

The money laundering thing is nothing new. Real estate is a popular means of money laundering. People have been researching that angle for a while.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join