It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Justoneman

This is a classroom?
Explains a lot.

It’s hard to pay the bills when the medical bill collectors start taking 25% of your wages for the ER. Living on the luck that you will never be sick or injured is the trumpcare.

That's Obamacare working exactly as intended. By 2018 (when Hillary was *supposed* to win) the 'Affordable' (snicker) 'Care' (chortle) Act was supposed to be causing such a fiasco for the population that we would be begging for single payer.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I mean...it worked. Im at that point now. Just let this end FFS

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It’s trumpcare and republicans responsibility now in this universe.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

No it isn't, no it's not (Democrats voted for it, Republicans did not), and I'm done commenting on something that is not the point of this thread.

If you want to complain about how the federal government (under the supermajority legislation of the Democrats and the executive guidance of Obama) ramped up our medical bills, create a new thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Yes, they won...and they have attempted to undo some very bad legislation, so they're not mad about that. They / we are mad...because it never should have existed in the first place to have to change!

You're talking in circles now. Arguing with yourself perhaps??

Why is it the first law changed (it's not "gone" unfortunately, pay attention)? Because it was bad legislation from the very beginning...and it's "Obamacare". It's not Trumpcare, it's not anything else...it's "OBAMACARE"...and it always will be!

Hate this fact all you want, but it doesn't change anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I respect your opinion, but I don’t respect you as a prophet or a god.
It’s all in the hands of trump and republicans, all our government and their people are still unhappy.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

to call it something they came up with!

Dude, just stop. It doesn't matter how many times you say this, it's not true. Republicans began calling it "Obamacare". It is and always has been the Affordable Care Act.

Your vitriol gets you nowhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

No it isn't, no it's not (Democrats voted for it, Republicans did not), and I'm done commenting on something that is not the point of this thread.

If you want to complain about how the federal government (under the supermajority legislation of the Democrats and the executive guidance of Obama) ramped up our medical bills, create a new thread.

Healthcare is part of the state of the Union. It’s a big part of economy and closer to home. Removing legs that fund the system without replacing it, is going to fall.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Well, that's not what she wants to talk about. She doesn't think they actually did ramp up healthcare costs. (which is a complete state of denial, but that's neither here nor there).

She won't create a new thread on the subject. Why? Because then the discussion would then have to stand on its own, and she would have to defend the posture (which would be pretty difficult to say the least). Instead, she'll throw out a charged topic in another thread with some traction for the president in order to distract the conversation in hopes that it will derail the discussion onto a completely different tangent other than that addressed in the OP. That's how they roll. Change the subject, and the more you debate, the more nebulous the rejoinders become...as is evidenced above.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Your reading comprehension must not be very good. That, or you intentionally took what you quoted out of context for effect.

I never said the democrats branded Obamacare as "Obamacare". In fact, this was my whole point (which clearly you missed)! What I said was, the democrats spent 8 years saying it wasn't called "Obamacare", but now all of a sudden it's "Trumpcare"...implying it was (something)care before that (in essence acknowledging the 'Obamacare' moniker)!

Try to keep up!

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Furthermore, whenever somebody's name is integrated into the name of something it's usually done for a sarcastic reason, not in a good way either. This has always been the case with 'Obamacare'. It's why the name was coined in the very beginning...because everyone (well, everyone with any sense) knew it was a bad thing. And guess what? That's exactly what it turned out to be...a bad thing.

Now, everyone (democrats) realizes it's a bad thing (republicans always knew it was), so the tables turn and they (the democrats) must re-brand their failure as someone else's failure.

When I was in about 4 in kindergarten kids used to say "I know you are, but what am I?" when responding to being called a name they didn't like. The democrats and Obamacare discussion is strikingly similar.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Right about that name association. The PEOPLE call it Obamacare and voted to end it with DJT winning so many counties in the US the difference vs Hildabeast was staggering.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Right about that name association. The PEOPLE call it Obamacare and voted to end it with DJT winning so many counties in the US the difference vs Hildabeast was staggering.

If it will end this potential thread de-railing:

www.theatlantic.com...

Jeanne Schulte Scott argued for the trade journal Healthcare Financial Management in March 2007 that then-President Bush had "put all his eggs into his 'privatization' basket" in his 2007 State of the Union address; nevertheless, he made health care the "issue du jour" for the 2008 presidential race. "Health care is hot!" she wrote, and then made a prediction that seems so quaint given all that's passed in the last four-and-a-half years:

The many would-be candidates for president in 2008 are falling over themselves offering their own proposals. We will soon see a "Giuliani-care" and "Obama-care" to go along with "McCain-care," "Edwards-care," and a totally revamped and remodeled "Hillary-care" from the 1990s."

That's the first real reference to Obamacare in LexisNexis (some stories are incorrectly dated).

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I respect your opinion, but I don’t respect you as a prophet or a god.
It’s all in the hands of trump and republicans, all our government and their people are still unhappy.
its not all in the hands of Trump and supporters. The individual mandate is gone... it should never have been in place. I find it fascinating that those who say Trump is a fascist and compare him to Nazis are the very ones who promote the totalitarian nanny state. Please think about that in your own understanding.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you feel the same about mandated car insurance?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

to call it something they came up with!

Dude, just stop. It doesn't matter how many times you say this, it's not true. Republicans began calling it "Obamacare". It is and always has been the Affordable Care Act.

Your vitriol gets you nowhere.
Right and how many people have you even heard refer to it as Aca? Very few. Basically liberal media did to give it the credibility it never deserved.
edit on 1-2-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you feel the same about mandated car insurance?
Car insurance is kind of a racket too but there is no comparison on the level that healthcare is. But car insurance is for people who drive cars. If you don't drive a car you are not forced to pay for insurance. Do you pay for insurance so that illegals can drive too? I think not. Besides the government creating a tax for all individuals they created a monster that gives insurance companies an outrageous way to raise prices thus giving them profit. I'm wondering when that will make you as bad as occupy Wall Street was mad about bankers.
edit on 1-2-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Nor do I claim to be a prophet or a god. Far from it actually!

...all our government and their people are still unhappy.

Really?

I more characterize it as 'the mice being unhappy when the cat returns. But that's just the mice. And, the mice are not "all".

edit on 2/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
It's boring for you but I was pretty excited about the changes in policy.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I thought it was a good speech.

But now it's time to stop talking and start doing.

Anyone can make a nice speech.

The think about Trump that I do like so much is that he wants to push his agenda and it just illustrates the lack of enthusiasm on the part of republicans and democrats to do the same.

Congress has never been about solutions. It's always been about perpetuating issues and problems so they could have an excuse to raise taxes and grow government.

The time for "talking" is over.

In my opinion.
The media never talks about his accomplishments or when they do they put it in a negative light. I'm
Guessing even they don't know how totalitarian they really are at the core... or at least useful idiots

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join