It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Show me the thread where people crawl into Merkels #hole and I'll hold your hand tight while mocking those idiots as well. Guess what? They don't write those threads on ATS. Go and figure?

You can venture into Merkels #hole alone, you don't need to hold my hand for that activity.
As it is your country why have you not authored threads on your own countries sotu?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Have a good read or two:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Our President is pretty boring and the chancellor is interchangeable, you'll find out soon enough. There's no reason to focus on personalities, except for the mockery maybe.

Looks as if my posting flew over your head, how about a nice appeal to authority for the unicorns sake now?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
What did the rest of the world see?

I can tell you what the largest online-media in Germany had to say:
Spiegel Online: Trumps Rede zur Lage der Nation: Absurde Show

Quote:"Fast jeder Absatz enthielt eine neue Groteske, die ein Körnchen Wahrheit unter einer Lawine der Demagogie begrub." = Almost every paragraph contained a new grotesque that buried a grain of truth under an avalanche of demagoguery.

You may ignore it. You may ridicule it. But that would just amplify those facettes of the "ugly american" which is widespread over the world.

Don't let Trump or anyone seed hate or dissent into your heart.

I hope we see an investigation into the dirty Germans interfering with our politics. Kraut's are knee deep in our democracy. Anyone who talked to a German Hermann or ever had a loan underwritten with filthy D̶M̶, err Euros, should be investigated thoroughly. Appoint a special prosecutor and make sure anyone nourished at the withered teat of Mutti is held accountable!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They’ll have to take lessons from republicans how to do that.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't think so.

After an entire year of Trump haters using the FBI as their own personal gestapo.
edit on 31-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In other words, stick to the teleprompter?

And he did... al thou with a lot of mistakes when he needed to PUSH the sound bites!

There was a lot of crap, then a lot of clap, then prolonged clap, followed by an emotional statement, so the first crap seemed credible, so why not clap.

Its classic manipulation. I think they call it Appeal to emotion

Trump told you (almost) everything you wanted to hear. I wonder how many times he spend rehearsing this speech?

I am not impressed.

My question is: Who wrote the speech?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ron Paul Nailed it!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I loved the Orwellian doublespeak: in order to hold our govt more accountable, his administration has rolled back record #’s of regulations.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

For diplomatic reasons. We've already taken plenty of action against them for their standard nation-state intelligence operation in 2016 election.

It's over, done and finished. Nothing left to see, because it had such a minor impact (if any at all) and merely took advantage of the major nation-splitting issues that already existed (and were boiling for decades, before most millennials even existed)

Really, given the massive extent we influence/spy on other nations (including our allies) we had no moral authority to retaliate in any way. Apparently some people believe it is OK if the US is engaging in espionage/sabotage but unacceptable for other nations...? Typical double standard drivel, but not unexpected.

Time to work with Russia for our own national interest, and to take on the nations hostile to us like NK and Venezuela and of course radical Islamic terrorism.
edit on 1/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Precisely. Regulations for the private sector. Government is already constrained by law, ie: Constitution.

We don't need a bunch of elected/un-elected fools infringing on any liberties or freedoms for any reason, whatever the cost of that may be.

Only national defense and upholding the Constitution is what Government should be worried about. Otherwise, private sector or otherwise at the people's discretion precisely as the Constitution specifies.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Lemme guess... Electoral College again?

Thank God the Founders gave us the Electoral College.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes, the Dems would have to produce a candidate who speaks to enough voters to secure the votes needed to win in the electoral college. Not "theft" per se, more like "successful campaigning." Are the Democrats able to do that without putting out a candidate who relies 100% on novelty and pandering?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
There was a lot of crap, then a lot of clap, then prolonged clap, followed by an emotional statement, so the first crap seemed credible, so why not clap.

Its classic manipulation. I think they call it Appeal to emotion

OMG, you just described every SOTUA since the advent of television!

My question is: Who wrote the speech?

President and Ivanka in a colab effort, no doubt.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's always fun to watch a racist prick call a leader "racist." Mr Gutierrez has some huevos on his face today.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep. He said all the right things, now it's time to make 'em reality, or at least try. Given the Dem response, we can expect obstruction masquerading as caring to begin shortly.

But given the surprising number of Dems outside of DC who had a favorable response to the speech, including myself, maybe they'll get a wake up call. Seems unlikely, but who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Given the Dem response, we can expect obstruction masquerading as caring to begin shortly.

If that obstruction happens, especially while millions of middle class Americans are enjoying more take-home pay each payday, the problem will correct itself in November.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Or so it is to be hoped.

I'm still on the fence, but less so than I was... But, he still has to, along with Congress, at least be seen to be trying to get it done. If he's obstructed, there's not a lot he can do until we, as voters, do something about it.

That's our job in this situation.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'll be honest, we've been hearing for almost 2 1/2 years about how Trump either flatly won't do what he's promised or will fail on the path to doing it... Overall, the victories are more numerous than the defeats. Aside from outright repealing the ACA (which it can be argued was largely achieved after the fact with the tax revision) and the delay at starting the Wall (which will either be resolved shortly via a deal or will be among the obstructions we're talking about), I can't find many failures to deliver as promised. We heard how he couldn't get through the primaries... he did. We heard nothing but "there's no way he can become president"... he did. We heard about how the world leaders wouldn't respect him... they do. We heard about how he'd be impeached with certainty within a year... he hasn't even come close. We heard about how he colluded with Russia... he didn't. We heard about how proof would be shown against him... it hasn't been. We read about how he couldn't get his tax plan passed... he did. We read about how he couldn't successfully counter ISIS... he has. We heard about how he couldn't successfully go toe to toe with the media... he's whipped their asses, stomped a mudhole, and walked it dry. We read about how he couldn't withstand the storm... he has. In fact, the man so far has been the storm. His attackers have come at him from all sides and now, as many of us predicted, they're the ones in defense mode.

This is why I fully expect November to be a bipartisan bloodbath with conservatives removing RINOs in the primaries and immediately following it up with increasing the GOP margins in the House and Senate.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
CNN is humorous right now.

Talking about Nixon and comparing Trump to Nixon.

lol...they are so delusional that the left doesn't realize they have been doing an even worse political ploy than Nixon did...

Clintongate/emailgate (maybe it should be called FISAgate) = Watergate x 1,000

edit on 31-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The democrats don’t have to do anything. Except wait couple of years when Americans are losing their home and assets to medical bill collectors. Like when the IRS was making people homeless in the 90s. Then there was an investigation and witnesses called to congress.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join