It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump’s speech must have been unremarkable. I didn’t watch thinking I’d see what ats thought about it. But the democrats must have stolen the show.

It's not the show they want to steal, but the presidency.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ha
The clintons steal everything they can get their grubby hands on .....
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.

Their cheap skates too.

Personal networth of over $100 million and their foundation worth over $2 billion.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I'm just the silly Kraut from a city. And I'm well aware why I left the rural part of this country, and the fricken stiffs that tend to inhabit it.

I couldn't care less about the duped masses while developing new values. That's the way it always was and always will be. Yes. There's a wall of shadows to watch, but I'll keep searching for the light outside of the cave regardless.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I'm just the silly Kraut from a city. And I'm well aware why I left the rural part of this country, and the fricken stiffs that tend to inhabit it.

I couldn't care less about the duped masses while developing new values. That's the way it always was and always will be. Yes. There's a wall of shadows to watch, but I'll keep searching for the light outside of the cave regardless.

Gotcha!
Glad you aren't my neighbor. All the screaming at the sky would keep me up.
I prefer a community that cares about each other.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I thought it was a good speech.

But now it's time to stop talking and start doing.

Anyone can make a nice speech.

The think about Trump that I do like so much is that he wants to push his agenda and it just illustrates the lack of enthusiasm on the part of republicans and democrats to do the same.

Congress has never been about solutions. It's always been about perpetuating issues and problems so they could have an excuse to raise taxes and grow government.

The time for "talking" is over.

In my opinion.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Except that only half of the Americans casted a vote in the first place. So there's that as well.

It doesn't really matter, there would be no significant difference with another puppet in charge. Less twittery, of course. But... still. Get over it and mind the oligarchy at play?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I thought it was a good speech.

But now it's time to stop talking and start doing.

Anyone can make a nice speech.

The think about Trump that I do like so much is that he wants to push his agenda and it just illustrates the lack of enthusiasm on the part of republicans and democrats to do the same.

Congress has never been about solutions. It's always been about perpetuating issues and problems so they could have an excuse to raise taxes and grow government.

The time for "talking" is over.

In my opinion.

I think this is where we come in. If your elected official is fighting against America, vote them out!

The power lies with the people!
America first!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.

I forgot.

That's grand larceny for us little people.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You can't develop new values if you don't care at all. Read Nietzsches Zarathustra?

I prefer a community that cares about each other.

Nosy stiffs keeping up with the Joneses, eh?

Given the state your union is in, I'd say you folks don't give a fck about "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses" anymore. I'm just waiting for the boomerang to turn back on the self-righteous ones.

edit on 31-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I liked the speech. I voted for Trump because I felt like there are a lot of World Bullies, and many democrat people of America were taking gross advantage of the system and the working tax payers. Last night, the Democrats looked like immature sore losers, lazy, dumb assess. Also, the press is really a gross embarrassment to the USA. Freedom of speech is important, but being a liar, rude, and having hidden agendas is wrong when imparting the news. These news media people are owned by someone who sets the rules for their worker reporter bees. That Nancy P. person looks like a mean bitter bored old lady. While I am at it, people are being spanked into behaving and they don't like it. It is about time that morality, limits, respect and fairness are reintroduced to society. If you live in this country you need to swear alligence and pay taxes. Otherwise don't bother coming here. The man from Indiana reminds me of my grandfather who went to church every Sunday, ran a farm working hard, up at 5 am. He was an intelligent reader, and produced may great children and grandchildren and great grand children who went on to college and jobs. Indiana people are very moral and hard working. As for that trashy book that just came out, Fire and Fury, anyone who sells a tell all book for money is greedy and using lies and sensationalism to get it. Nicki Hali is a very hard worker and she deserves an award for all she has done. My kids knew her lovely kids at school. These are all decent people trying to make this country a safer happier place. Lets help out and be nice working together! Lets start by picking up the road side trash where we all live. This weekend would be the time to start.
edit on 31-1-2018 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Given the state your union is in, I'd say you folks don't give a fck about "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses" anymore.

And that is what is expected from euros.
Aren't you the "green" minded people that executed a global emissions scandal from a major auto manufacturer?
lol euros

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal

Also, the press is really a gross embarrassment to the USA. Freedom of speech is important, but being a liar, rude, and having hidden agendas is wrong when imparting the news.

Yep.

CNN!

Melanie is wearing white to protest Trump!!

Goebells would be proud.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

And now the political corruption is our problem, and ours alone. Right.

ROFL. Murikkkans...

I guess we could go on for ages, divided as we are by the pond of ponds. Have my 2 Euro Cents as well!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I would like to believe Trump but his record of telling the Truth sucks a big covfefe.

www.esquire.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

And now the political corruption is our problem, and ours alone. Right.

ROFL. Murikkkans...

I guess we could go on for ages, divided as we are by the pond of ponds. Have my 2 Euro Cents as well!

Lol funny you choose to not own up to what was a disgusting display by a foreign auto maker.
no worries
I have no doubt your countries "sotu" speech will have its own discussion thread......oh wait ....did i miss that one??
lol have a good day fritz

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

At least you've got your whataboutisms straight.

Show me the thread where people crawl into Merkels #hole and I'll hold your hand tight while mocking those idiots as well.

Guess what? They don't write those threads on ATS. Go and figure?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Speech and atmosphere was RACIST, says congressional embarrassment Luis Gutierrez.

I couldn't take it! - www.rollcall.com...

He should have stayed home here in Chicago and boycotted, with his Congressional buddies Danny Davis and Bobby Rush. They held a crybaby party in an expensive restaurant, with a television on the wall.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I noticed Trump lost some weight.All I got to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join