It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Plus, who wants to wear a vagina hat? (with the obligatory chin strap, so it doesn't fall off when screaming at the sky).

link   
Bonus Double.

edit on 1/31/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Another perspective is that for the first time in 2 generations Americans are finally politically engaged.

⬆ This is a wonderful statement and powerfully true. I've voted in the past but I have NEVER been this engaged involved and active. Which I think is the best thing to ever happen to politics.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump’s speech must have been unremarkable. I didn’t watch thinking I’d see what ats thought about it. But the democrats must have stolen the show.

So sad. You can't be bothered to watch and then just swallow "what your told"
That's ok. Some of us are actually paying attention.

Trump was right, I'm sure not tired of winning! Trump knocked this one outta the park!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump’s speech must have been unremarkable. I didn’t watch thinking I’d see what ats thought about it. But the democrats must have stolen the show.

So sad. You can't be bothered to watch and then just swallow "what your told"

You're not surprised are you?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I wasnt sure who Scalise was around when he got shot but was reviewing some materials in recent months and he was the one that took Al Gore to the cleaners for starting Cap N Trade with Enron.

Choot em!

I love the Pink Floyd "Pigs" connection about the end of that vid, Iggy.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Occupy Wallstreet was decades ago? I'd like to explore that perspective, care to elaborate?

What does a single event, which led up to today, in any way relevant to the broad comment i made?

Where i lived there was zero from OWS. It was all in the cities. Nothing in the country. Today, the rural folks are engaged too. Meamimg greater engagement than at that time.

You city folks forget a world exists outside your city limits. This is a big reason why Trump one....yall forgot about us.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Again, not a Trump supporter but,

One of the most BIPARTISAN (R) presidents we have had in 20+ years and NONE of the dems stand ever?

That speaks volumes , and should to the left as well

I told my wife that he sounds like a Democrat.

Old School Southern democrats are the new Republican standard, so not surprising.

Bull POOP on that. the old school Dems are still right there. I know some of them KKK lovers who are bigot a holes telling me they were mad Hillary lost and hate Trump.

NOPE R's have been the party of Abolitionist not the party of the KKK!

NEVER FORGET and educate yourself please.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

I don't know how the President can give convicted felons a second chance. Employers are not going to stop doing background checks.

If we really want to see less regular folks getting f'd with criminal convictions and to reform the prison system, a good start would be to end the horrendous "War on Drugs."

Wow great post Ante! Worth rereading. the WOD has hurt Americans and helped the cartels... Mercury News report I recalled placed it on the CIA and after all these gov scandals I am more sure it WAS the CIA....

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Oh yeah, who am I to forget the rural backbone of idiocracy! They're holding up signs again! And casting a vote in this Brave New Oligarchy surely made no difference whatsoever.

No free healthcare for everyone and we'll never see someone putting an end to this War with Terror. But we have mercs in Afghanistan again! Hooooray!

Wait. What? Q-Tip anyone?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
In related news, a podcast from the parallel universe:

DONALD TRUMP’S STATE of the Union speech was a hateful assault. This week on Intercepted: Naomi Klein and Jeremy analyze Trump’s threats toward North Korea, his executive order on Guantánamo, and the attack on immigrants, the poor, and the environment. Naomi also reflects on her recent reporting trip to Puerto Rico. Veteran journalist Juan González dissects the roots of fascism, the rise of authoritarian movements, and global migration trends. Marcy Wheeler gives a brief analysis of a theory floated by a former CIA officer that the “Steele dossier” contains Russian disinformation. Ali Abunimah of Electronic Intifada discusses Israeli collusion with the Trump campaign and Mike Pence’s trip to Israel. He also gives an update on the case of Ahed Tamimi, the Palestinian teen who is in military detention after a video of her slapping and kicking two Israeli soldiers went viral. And Franklin James Fisher of the band Algiers talks about the power of optimism in the face of destruction, and we hear music from their album “The Underside of Power.”

theintercept.com...

Have at it!
edit on 31-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Here, allow me to help you...you seem triggered.

Instructions:

1. Affix vagina hat firmly atop head.

2. Extend both index fingers out straight.

3. Insert left index finger into left ear. Repeat with right finger into right ear.

4. Apply firm pressure to both ears with index fingers.

5. With index fingers still firmly in ears, lift chin skyward.

6. Shriek while emptying all air from lungs.

7. Take a deep breath, and begin chanting "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA"...

8. Breathe and repeat step 7 until until source of triggering diminishes.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Here, allow me to help you...you seem triggered.

Instructions:

1. Affix vagina hat firmly atop head.

2. Extend both index fingers out straight.

3. Insert left index finger into left ear. Repeat with right finger into right ear.

4. Apply firm pressure to both ears with index fingers.

5. With index fingers still firmly in ears, lift chin skyward.

6. Shriek while emptying all air from lungs.

7. Take a deep breath, and begin chanting "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA"...

8. Breathe and repeat step 7 until until source of triggering diminishes.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Eight in 10 Americans who watched tonight felt that the president was trying to unite the country, rather than divide it. Two-thirds said the speech made them feel proud, though just a third said it made them feel safer. Fewer said the speech made them feel angry or scared.

uh oh
if the msm turns the dems will be in big trouble

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And the cracks in the facade begin to show.

Interesting, isn't it?

edit...Quick, everybody, switch to CNN!

edit on 1/31/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What is it with this trigger bollocks and vagina hats? Are you unable to have a debate at this very moment? Fine. Shall I come back to you after you had that shower and changed into a fresh set of clean pants?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That was a very well done speech, and it was interesting to watch the audience. I have to admit, my previous quip referring to an Idiocracy-esque State of the Union was way off (in terms of the speech President Trump gave vs Camacho).

Still a lot of gloating in here, which isn't all that attractive, but neither has the barrage been from the other end.

I have to wonder if the Idiocracy vid I posted earlier somewhat reflects the state of the deligates and the voting public. Pretty sure many people's emotions/mindstate etc are closely linked into what the President is doing, is he doing poorly, time to gloat...(D) did he stick it to the Dems? time to gloat (R). Donald Trump is a phenomenon in this way. The past two presidents had nothing on him in this realm, lol.

But really, just mostly came on here to say I was pleasantly surprised at Trump's speech.

edit on 31-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Its not like the msm want to be on the winning team or anything.......
You know they are tired of losing

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Oh yeah, who am I to forget the rural backbone of idiocracy! They're holding up signs again! And casting a vote in this Brave New Oligarchy surely made no difference whatsoever.

No free healthcare for everyone and we'll never see someone putting an end to this War with Terror. But we have mercs in Afghanistan again! Hooooray!

Wait. What? Q-Tip anyone?

Keep slamming rural America and you will keep losing. You do realize that rural makes up more American than the big cities, right?

You couldn't make me move to a city. We have the best damn people on the face of the earth. Here we don't see the colors and other segregation problems y'all have. We just see neighbors.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well, that would be fine...IF you had an argument to debate! Unfortunately, you don't. All you've done is thrown out a bunch of left wing propaganda (not even accurate propaganda either), baseless allegations and circular logic.

That "rural backbone of idiocracy" which you refer to turned an entire nation red and got Trump elected, save the democratic strongholds replete with poverty, illegal immigration, violent crime and apathy. Or did you miss that 'minor' detail?

So yeah, there's that.

Thanks for playing.

"Step right up folks, win the BIG stuffed rabbit! Everybody's a winner! Your choice of prizes. You can't win if you don't play! Step right up..."

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join