It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MemoryShock

But you said you were going to keep talking until I got bored? Now you've lied to me. The animosity is coming on... wait nope, just a little gas. My bad.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

But you said you were going to keep talking until I got bored? Now you've lied to me. The animosity is coming on... wait nope, just a little gas. My bad.

I hope you have a great rest of your week.

You guys really love technicalities when they favor you...whatever.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Just be consistent. Or don't. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MemoryShock

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: MemoryShock
He's literally a racist piece of #. So he's not uniting anything and holding people responsible for not applauding him is literally declaring yourself a racist.

There really is no point discussing anything Trump-related with you until you get that bile&venom-soaked 2x4 off your shoulder...

I am a fan of Irony...so I'll agree with you.

Last post for now.

If you want a last word, you may do so...because I ain't replying anymore.

So gracious of you. [-- that's sarcasm, just FYI]
edit on 31-1-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
After a little sleep, I really do feel bad for the kennedy kid there is no doubt in my mind either nancy or chuck had someone write that speech days ago and they demanded he not break from the speech no matter what.

He had to know he was screwed while watching Trump speak, but at that point he is screwed if he backs out. Best case scenario was forge ahead and hope for the best, unfortunately the best that speech could do was be used as toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What did the kennedy kid say? The free, youtube streaming millenials got cut off from the part they waited for

link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
After a little sleep, I really do feel bad for the kennedy kid there is no doubt in my mind either nancy or chuck had someone write that speech days ago and they demanded he not break from the speech no matter what.

He had to know he was screwed while watching Trump speak, but at that point he is screwed if he backs out. Best case scenario was forge ahead and hope for the best, unfortunately the best that speech could do was be used as toilet paper.

Pretty much the same for any GOP who had to follow Obama, at least in the early years. It doesn't matter if you liked or disliked him, that man can work the camera and the crowd.

link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

you know its a stupid german thing. like TOFU youu know.
but frozen tofu

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Just be consistent. Or don't. Whatever.

That's a wonderful place to hang your hat...

...on whether or not I give a flark in the morning.

I don't really think that you have legs so if you're calling me out because I said I wasn't going to post again, after a long hiatus, then I am more amused then anything.

So hang your hat. -thumbsup-

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

It hit all the democrat talking points which unfortunately had nothing to do with what the president said in his speech, its seemed out of touch with what a rebuttal is supposed to be.
ETA: Bernie came closer to actually trying to rebut the presidents speech.

And you are right Teikiatsu same problem, I miss the days when it was an actual rebuttal rather than just a raw raw statement for the other team.

edit on 31-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

I think you mean 'BrownstAin'...

What timeline do you hail from anyway?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I don't wear hats. It's easier that way. No need to worry about where I hang them.

edit on 31-1-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I'll have to look it up, thanks for the summary. Poor kid got skewered on social media. He looks like he's about 12 years old, so he's got plenty of time to master the craft, good learning experience for him.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I hope

- Trump sticks to his speech, and avoids making up words on the fly
- that he avoids the topic of the memo and all its salacious details entirely, save for maybe a coy reference or two to acknowledge it
- That i can stay awake that late. Got up at 4am today due to no specific reason, and expect 8pm to be yawning time.

Well, after hearing a few of the acknowledgements for the various corporations bringing jobs to American and investing in new construction here to support those jobs, it felt like the very end of "It's a Wonderful Life". In that movie the people from all over rally to the aid of basically a man against the machine of Mr Potter and gave great love to Mr Bailey.

In that the outpouring was overwhelming from all over the world for this country. I was hearing that love being sent our way and for me it was just like Mr Bailey too because it was from everywhere.

Trump is a rising tide and all ships rise. At this point there is no amount of the credit Shumur wants to take for this being the work of the last 8 years that will work with me. Especially, since it didn't happen until after the election and never looked to happen when Obama said 'those jobs won't be coming back". And a few more stupid things like that......

edit on 31-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well... uhm... so, how is your union doing this time of the year? You folks look increasingly distracted, utterly divided and thoroughly seperated.

What happened?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: derfreebie

Too funny there you!

Made me laugh.

Noooo one laughed when Obama was pres...

Unless you forgot the Islamic Brotherhood, Antifa and BLM, you are right otherwise.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What happened?

IT WAS HER TURN!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Another perspective is that for the first time in 2 generations Americans are finally politically engaged.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Occupy Wallstreet was decades ago? I'd like to explore that perspective, care to elaborate?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump’s speech must have been unremarkable. I didn’t watch thinking I’d see what ats thought about it. But the democrats must have stolen the show.

This post sums up how many people view things.

Didnt watch it, but sure trump sucked and the dems stole the show.

Very sad.

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join