It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Konduit

The boobjob is leaking internally. Alum gel is beginning to circulate through Nancy's adrenal system. That's the cause of her mouth puckering, and other anomalies.

And I thought she was picking the flesh from some poor Somalian from her teeth.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Konduit

What's Bernie got in his mouth? Is that an Asthma inhaler?

On earth, we call it a pen...

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust>>> That guy is a dork. Trump just hit one out of the park and won a big number of americans over and this Brownstein gets it completely bass ackwards and thinks it was wrong to say. CNN, only idiots allowed I guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It’s actually quite apt that memes have been part of US politics now...

The whole system is a joke.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TreetopControl>>> I was watching him being interviewed and speaking other times. He gets lost and makes mistakes out of nervousness. I guess he's a teleprompter reader like Obama was and Caroline Kennedy was. If they passed on Oprah and Bernie Sanders is damaged goods and Hillary is finished, and this Kennedy kid is finished now apparently, I think the only one left is Cory Booker. Unless a mogul steps up like Jeff Bezos. Who seems to be making some moves to suggest that.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Trump’s speech must have been unremarkable. I didn’t watch thinking I’d see what ats thought about it. But the democrats must have stolen the show.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert
Poor guy. Instead of listening to the speech then actually responding, someone took the talking points sent out to all Democrat operatives and made a speech of it. Every single thing he talked about was in those emails---everything except the parental leave. That was the issue that the Dems didn't know was coming.

What I saw tonight was the fulfillment of a prophecy I heard an old Democrat gentleman make back when Bill Clinton was in his first presidential campaign. He predicted that if Bill and Hillary ever got into power they would utterly destroy the Democrat party. He knew their backgrounds and he knew how corrupt those two were.

On the positive side, Trump should give his speech writer a YUGE bonus. "Americans are dreamers." was as, someone else noted, a GRAND SLAM. I could nitpick a couple of points but overall---very inspiring and uplifting.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think there was unified theme to Trump's speech that was always playing in the background, sometimes a bit more obvious.

Barack Obama spent 8 years on a beach carefully building a whole city of beautiful sand castles. The expectation was for Clinton to come along and preserve it, maybe add a few more here and there.

Trump has come along with bulldozers, flattened the lot and announced his plans to build a second Trump Tower right on top of it. Whatever you might think of Trump, after his first term it will be as if Obama was never there.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
What did the rest of the world see?

I can tell you what the largest online-media in Germany had to say:
Spiegel Online: Trumps Rede zur Lage der Nation: Absurde Show

Quote:"Fast jeder Absatz enthielt eine neue Groteske, die ein Körnchen Wahrheit unter einer Lawine der Demagogie begrub." = Almost every paragraph contained a new grotesque that buried a grain of truth under an avalanche of demagoguery.

You may ignore it. You may ridicule it. But that would just amplify those facettes of the "ugly american" which is widespread over the world.

Don't let Trump or anyone seed hate or dissent into your heart.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

kannst hier nich deutschn

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I hope

- Trump sticks to his speech, and avoids making up words on the fly
- that he avoids the topic of the memo and all its salacious details entirely, save for maybe a coy reference or two to acknowledge it
- That i can stay awake that late. Got up at 4am today due to no specific reason, and expect 8pm to be yawning time.

It's been awhile. How are you?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: airowineSailorcat

kannst hier nich deutschn

Ich translatete that very good by doing google, tat ich nicht?

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

75% of americans loved it. The rest hate america so it's not surprising they didn't.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Source that.

Specifically, I would like to know who hates America...honestly curious.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

75% of americans loved it. The rest hate america so it's not surprising they didn't.

Where does this number come from? Source, please.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Link

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

edit on 31-1-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join