It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hummm... you do have a point there...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Point being, Trumps never pretended to be anything other than what he is. All too many Dems, III included, like to come across otherwise...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've had farts that contained more substance than Kennedy's speech.

Making fart jokes great again,

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
#gingerstoo

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: carewemust

As opposed to a silver-spooned millionaire who is the President?

You'd expect that from the Republican party. Democrats used to represent the "little guy". Having a super rich guy deliver their message tonight, demonstrates how badly the DNC is hurting...financially and mentally.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I've heard of pausing in your speech to make an impact.... but Joe took it to a new level tonight.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I would disagree with that statement. Trump never admits that he inherited millions of dollars or the loans he was given by his father, rather he tends to avoid such. As I recalled, he keeps stating he worked hard and earned his money, yet leaves that small bit out.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
LOL - let the meme-wars commence........

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I agree... Kennedy was about as bad as I could have imagined. In his defense, how does one refute a speech that clearly reached across the aisle and offered deals that no true Republican pundit would ever have considered? That's why I voted for Trump... because I didn't then, don't now, and never expect to see him as a dyed-in-the-wool Republican. He's more of a populist on the Republican ticket.

Had Kennedy had any sense, he would have thrown together something unspecific but agreeing in principle only with Trump's proposals, to save face yet leave an opening to fight on when the details came out. But he didn't. Instead he threw out what sounded like a stream of consciousness of talking points, with no reference to the speech he was supposed to be rebutting.

Overall, I am pleased with the general proposals Trump has laid out. He spoke on topic, with great segways and effective use of the people he invited in order to drive home his points. He praised America instead of condemning us, something that was once considered a foregone conclusion but recently has become far too rare. He challenged America to do better, and clearly explained what he wanted to accomplish to help us do better.

The Democratic response to him, both during his speech and afterward, was embarrassing. A refusal to stand or applaud those who have given and lost so much... including a war hero, grieving families of crime victims, and a North Korean refugee who was trying to help those left behind, holding up the crutches he had to use after North Korea amputated his legs without anesthesia. They came off, IMO, as beyond petty... spoiled, pouting brats that had no respect for anyone but are full of irrational hatred for someone that loves America. The official response compared to Trump's speech like a crayon drawing from a three-year-old compares to the Mona Lisa.

Maxine Waters did the smartest thing she could have done... bailed.

As others have mentioned, I want to see action now. Trump finished the easy part; he talked about it. Now do it. But based on his record so far, I do actually have hope he will do it. I haven't had that in a very long time. It feels good.

I do believe this was the turning point for the 2018 elections, and the Democrats blew it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Is this all the Dems have?

We have our own ORANGE and he feels you!

SMH...

edit on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 23:17:47 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

I would disagree with that statement. Trump never admits that he inherited millions of dollars or the loans he was given by his father, rather he tends to avoid such. As I recalled, he keeps stating he worked hard and earned his money, yet leaves that small bit out.

The difference is that Donald Trump sincerely loves this country and wants to give power back to its people. Who cares that he turned a million dollar family loan into six or seven billion. He built that!

For your listening pleasure:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Redneck... excellent and thoughtful comments...

Regarding the Dems... I saw in their faces tonight a serious look of loss. It's ironic that they all wore black tonight... like they were attending a funeral. Little did they know it was to be their own. Thank you for your thoughts.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh man, this is #in Hillaryous, today just keeps getting better and better.........

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Trump never admits that he inherited millions of dollars or the loans he was given by his father, rather he tends to avoid such.

I'm not going to let this one slide. It is false. Trump has openly admitted both the $1 million loan he started with from his father, and that he inherited quite a bit more after his father died. What you are leaving out is that a million is nothing in Manhattan real estate (as in literally a few square feet of property, smaller than a grave plot), and he was already extremely wealthy when his father died. He did build his brand from a trifling of capital, and he did it primarily on his own.

Try to at least use talking points that haven't been thoroughly debunked.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TreetopControl

I saw it as a look of realization... about the same thing. I cannot help but remember 9 years ago, the celebrations and exhilaration that gripped the same Democrats who today sat hunched with that helpless look on their face.

I have said for years that the Democratic party was engaging in social experiments that weren't experiments. In an experiment, one analyzes the result before taking the next step, but they seemed to want to ignore the analysis part. Tonight, I think maybe it set in that their shortcuts and headstrong willful ignorance of the actual results of their programs had caught up to them, and their power was gone because of it.

At one point, the camera picked up a few Senators who actually looked like they were going to break out in tears while listening to Trump's rebuttal of the chain immigration policies.

Sad. Just plain sad.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I know, I know - it's a 'Poll', however, it's all about biases so, # it, here you go...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I thought the Democrats were supposed to fill up seats with DACA recipients and "Dreamers". Where were they? I bet some of the Dems squirmed when Trump started talking about MS-13.

Did I hear him right? Did he say thousands of MS-13 gang members have been picked up and either deported or imprisoned? Thousands?? How the hell did that many MS-13 wind up in our country? Oh that's right....those are the "unaccompanied" children that swarmed our borders in 2014 and 2015. Lovely kids, aren't they?
edit on 30-1-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I know, I know - it's a 'Poll', however, it's all about biases so, # it, here you go...

Yeah, it's a poll, BY CBS! If those are the numbers they are admitting, well, even some Democrats appear to waking up.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I thought it was fantastic.

My husband, who is a quiet, strong type, actually had a tear. That’s because there are really good, sincere people out there who see what’s happening to our country. And it really saddens them and makes them feel helpless.

Trump offered up some hope that we can return our country to some semblance of what it was before 911 and the Cabal agenda.

What an amazing country this is. I hope we can save it.....

If there’s one thing for sure... I love this country.

Thank you POTUS.

What a contrast that speech was compared to watching snowflakes screaming at the sky in vagina hats.

MAGA!
edit on 31-1-2018 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2018 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I wish I could give you 10 stars for that message. Awesome words!

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join