It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State of the Union thread.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
This punk making everything an either or. Either our base, or theirs.

FALSE DICHOTOMY!!!

If they can't frame their arguments around that premise, then they have nothing to stand on.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Only thing that could make this worse for him is if a booger fell out of his nose.. a cliff hanger of sorts

Hell, that'd be redeeming at this point.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Great MeMe! Pelosi needs to retire.

link   
Oh my goodness! He's pulling out the Spanish card. hahahahah! This is too funny.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
WhoTF is this Joe Kennedy guy.

A babbling ginger. Don't stare.....he'll steal your soul.

I have yet to hear him say anything germane pertaining to Trumps speech. But he practiced some espanol though.....good for him.

link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
He needs to wipe his mouth, that slobbering!!!

Victoria Secrets lip balm.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
What's on this dude's lips

link   
(hashtag)Make America Use Lip Balm Again!

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Reptilian !

link   
"..and my generation will tear it down."

Speaks volumes.

"..me too."

Even louder.

What have they built? What are they putting forth that 'Trumps' the current administration.

link   
I watched the state of the Union address and here is my take on such:

Trump stayed on script. It was a bit slow and rehearsed. However, there are a few things that I picked up on. Yes Trump did not tell the whole truth, however he is trying to bridge and stop the divisions in this country.

I was not a big fan of the emphasis on religion, but that was to his base. And there were hints about the freedom of speech he did not like, and to politicize the Justice branch of the USA. He wants more justices that will be more literal interpretation of the Constitution.

Here again he wants to protect American workers, however some of those words may have fallen on deaf ears. The environment is going to take more of a back seat in the name of infrastructure improvements. The infrastructure will be more done via block grants and privatization of various parts, than letting the government actually do such. This will mean that there will be more cuts or elimination of social programs and safety nets. Remember, that for every good thing, there is a price and money has to come from somewhere.

Immigration is going to be a mess, and it is going to be a bit far more chaotic than it already is. Somehow I think, based on what the President said, the days of helping or taking in refugee’s is about to end. There will be gridlock in congress around the entire immigration issue, because I do not think that one party is going to accept the 1.8 million amnesties being offered. And congress is going to have to take on the entire chain immigration, including those children that are born here, but whose parents are not here as citizens as well.

Another problem that is going to come up will be with the pharmaceutical industry and lobby that donates millions to those in congress. I think congress is going to hear from them, as this also will tie into the opioid problem, which has much of is start with said industry. On a bright note, the president is stating Treatment a first, and now to see how it translates out.

Senators like McConnell, may not want to be objecting to the passage of to pay the military this time around. Gitmo is not going to be closed and that will be an issue here again. And more and more countries may be pulling away from the USA, including allies, friends and a few countries that are going to look at the USA and think that the money is not worth it. Cuba is not going to be happy, as it means that sanctions will be coming back, as it is a shame that we just started with diplomatic relations with them again. And Venezuela, may be a bit more aggressive and start trying to keep the USA away from it.

The other disturbing thing that I heard tonight and one that I do not want to go back to, is that the President wants to improve nuclear weapons. That signals a new arms race to create the biggest and far more destructive weapons. Instead of taking the lead and working on reducing the weapons, and asking the rest of the world to join the US to get rid of such, this is where other countries may decide to start building and that is going to lead to a time when most wanted to have a bomb shelter or live with the knowledge that they were at ground zero, and having to deal with tests and having emergency plans in the event of an attack, and with a weapon that the USA is ill prepared to deal with.

Over all, I think that if Trump had been more like this, after he won the election, it would have started to gather some support from the democrats and the voters. But it was a good speech and well liked. Could have done without him applauding or encouraging people to stand and give him an applause.

link   
I switched over to BET Network, and Maxine Waters was a no-show. I bet the DNC didn't want her to steal Joe from the African American community.
edit on 1/30/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   
He's gonna tear stuff down.
He needs a boogie coming out of nose so nobody realizes what he is saying.

link   
And now we have Carrot-Top's one-night stand, trying to resurrect the Democratic party with the most insincere speech I've heard in awhile. smh

edit on 30-1-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I feel like tonight was maybe the first time he ever applied chapstick.. like a 4 year old girl with her moms lipstick for the first time... hahaha

link   
Did he just equate BLM with running into a Forrest fire or hurricane. Did I hear that wrong.

link   
Kennedy supports paid leave that Trump spoke about without giving credit to Trump?

There is no credit or reference to the heroes Trump profiled.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
What's on this dude's lips

do you mean Chappaquiddick stick?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That was fast. Dems admitting that there's not much they can offer.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Has this dude ever set foot in Fall River or New Bedford?!

Stop talking about Trump and start fixing your own #.

I'm from Taxachusetts.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join