It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii official who sent false missile alert believed attack was happening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, here is a new twist on the Hawaii false missile alert - it was NOT a false alert in the eyes of the of the official that pressed the button:

The US government has said that the government employee who issued a false missile warning to Hawaiians mistakenly believed an attack was in progress.

The Federal Communications Commission blamed the error in part on a miscommunication and a lack of supervision of a drill by the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency to practice for the event of a real attack.

The employee who transmitted the alert said in a written statement to Hawaii that he or she believed it was an actual alert, rather than a drill, and clicked yes in response to a prompt that read: “Are you sure that you want to send this alert?” the FCC said in a presentation.

Hawaii official who sent false missile alert believed attack was happening

Interesting! The Hawaii false (?) missile alarm - the gift that keeps giving... I'll definitely tune in for next week's episode when we will learn that there actually was a missile launched by time travelling Nazis ...or something.

edit on 30-1-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Is the button labeled 'launch' right next to the 'all clear' too?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This then was just a drill?

Sounds like someone was left out of the memo loop to me.

Drills are normally discussed/organized beforehand aren't they?
Cuz when the buzzer goes off, your kinda anticipating it aren't ya'?

Imagine the button was left untouched?
There'd be a different spin with the same "scapegoat" at fault.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Report with minute by minute breakdown of events (pdf) link

ETA

At 8:05 AM, the midnight shift supervisor of the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA) initiated an unannounced drill during shift-change. The recording that was played as part of the drill properly identified itself as an exercise, but also mistakenly included actual alert language including the phrase "This is not a drill." In a statement to the FCC, the worker who sent the drill said they had misheard the recording and purposefully sent the alert in response to what they believed was an actual threat.
False Hawaii Missile Alert Was Actually Sent on Purpose
edit on 30-1-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
so, he lied when he said he accidently pushed the button?

why should we believe his latest alibi since we know he is a self professed liar?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think the whole thing stinks.

Apparently, he released a written statement and he is refusing to speak with any authorities on it.

ATS Post

I think Hawaii was minutes away from being a memory.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I knew it wasn't an accident. That theory was ridiculous!
edit on 30-1-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Apparently, he released a written statement and he is refusing to speak with any authorities on it.

ATS Post

I think something actually was launched but possibly intercepted.... the employee is being told to shut the F up.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Who fired it? NK?.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So at first this person "hit the button accidentally", but now the person "hit the button" (whether accidentally or not), but "thought the attack was actually happening"

Sounds like your typical "Official Statements" contradicting themselves because TPTB are covering something up...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

ATS Post

I think something actually was launched but possibly intercepted.... the employee is being told to shut the F up.

This is most likely. Now, who launched??

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's most likely the typical CYA from many people since the whole thing seems to be a giant screw up. Using the "I hope they believe my BS instead of so and so's BS".

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Who fired it? NK?.

Did the ocean get hit? Otherwise, I'd say no..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

"Unannounced drill" that included the message "this is not a drill...."

riiight.

The unannounced ,unintended deflection away from the, at the time, Concurrent Korean Peace talks...

How to keep peace from breaking out, have a war drill.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Edumakated

ATS Post

This is most likely. Now, who launched??

Who knows, but the story isn't adding up which is why I suspect something happened that warranted the warning being sent out. Whatever happened may have been stopped in time by Jack Bauer and so they needed a cover up to prevent all hell from breaking out so they came up with this BS story about the warning being sent accidentally.

Maybe NK launched something? Maybe Russia? Maybe Russian and US subs got into a little melee. Maybe Spectre? We will probably never know the full story in our lifetime.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Some country besides the US would know of a launch. Human error is much more likely.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Woops!

I guess that the person on bottom is not taking the blame for someone up higher. No wonder they reassigned the person instead of firing him/her

These kind of things happen, a lack of communication between those on top and those actually doing a job causes lots of mistakes. I am thinking there are flaws in their program that need to be fixed.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Agreed. And that is the purpose of these drills. To get the prope procedures and personel in place.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A redditor posted that they were just down the beach from Bill Clinton when the alert went off. They stated that they run towards where Clinton was staying and that the SS were all geared up in gas masks and what not, so they took the threat as serious.

You would think that the SS would be privy to any drills, but I guess not.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What a confusing mess. So there was a drill, that said it wasn't a drill?

The guy (or gal) knowingly and intentional sent out the real alert, even going through the "Are you sure?" prompts, thinking that it was all real and we were under attack.

I wonder why they never said this before? State officials were going on about how bad they felt and that it was an easy mistake to make, that the employee had accidentally hit the wrong button, but that was all a lie? Why?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join