It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should you be able to use food stamps for pets???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
if you can`t even feed yourself then you aren`t doing that animal any favors by keeping it as a pet.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
you people should stop now here in fl over 500 k have been taking off EBT aka food stamps .
Now a person can only get them for 3 months once every five years and during taht 3 months they must be working alest 20 hours a week ether at a job or community service .
never mind the fact there are NOT 500,000 k new jobs in Florida Never mind teh fact There are not 10 MILLION comunity hours to work every week in Florida .
Nope just cut them all off and watch as crime rises not like they will sit at home and starve .
But hey you can now jail them and instead of paying 198 $ a month you can pay 230 Dollars A DAY to keep them all locked up .

Your all fools 330,000 million people - 45 million get ebt each one gets 198 $ a month 89 million a month is the cost
now I immange there are 89 million people who have a job so it is 1 $ a MONTH per person working .
every one is complaining about a Buck a MONTH lol .

Now do teh same math for keeping them all jailed because they wont just sit at home and starve .
just x 89 million by 2000 and see if you like paying that amount better .
FACT is teh US could easly FEED the World that is just how much food we grow .

TONS OIL tanks FULL of wheat are dumped in teh ocean every year JUST TO KEEP prices UP .
millions of tons of vegetables left to rot in teh fields to keep the price up .
HECK we through away Enough food every day to feed every one of the 330 million the next day .

But hey lets all keep cheering for the trillion wasted on pointless wars
edit on 30-1-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

ETA It's a Banksy
edit on 30/1/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Then you won’t mind sending me a buck every month. Thanks. I’ll pm my contact info.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If food stamps can buy pet food, why can I not claim my pets as dependents on my income taxes?
That would be the only fair thing to do.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Someday we'll all look back at the early 21st Century and laugh because our backwards ancestors weren't even civilized enough to allow pets to vote.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You you people wanting to dictate how food stamps are spent are really out of touch with reality, you have no ownership over that money, you don't get to dictate how the poor or homeless spend their money.... You are nothing but psychopaths who enjoy seeing others suffer.....

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: schuyler

If you give a homeless person money, do you also get to dictate what they spend it on?

This is a major issue I have.

The cash people get for welfare...its none of our business what they do with it. Just like someone with a handicap plate that skips into the store...none of your business.

None of us get to dictate how the various benefits of our society our used. Sure, we can whine about it. I do, from time to time. But for the most part, its none of my business. And I certainly don't want to take the time to make it my business.

Either you give or you don't. But giving doesn't give you a right to dictate use after the fact. Unless, obviously, it was agreed upon to begin with.

Well good luck with that attitude Mister. Just who do you think you are, just handing stuff to people and not demanding that they use it the way that you think that they should?! I mean honestly, it's downright un-American. Everyone knows that homeless people are only homeless because of some profound moral failing on their part and they don't deserve a pet, or a cigarette or a piece of decent beef from time to time for that matter. Nope, clearly they made their bed or were too lazy to more like, and now they are on the sidewalk because they are terrible people and bad luck never has anything to do with it. There is no place for compassion and understanding in social programs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
BTDT many years ago with stopgap meals made from cheap meats & veggies for the Old Man cat I'd had since I was a teenager. It was a temporary level of poverty, and that cat was not going anywhere simply because our area took a complete economic s# after '08, that was an "over my dead body" thing. He did not deserve to be dumped at a shelter over something out of every single resident's control.
Too many people assume the poor just up & get puppies & kittens on a whim, they do not. Most often, the pets are long-term ones who'd been acquired in much better times. A bump in the road does not make throwing away your furry friends acceptable. IMO, it tells me you're not worthy of one no matter how much money you have if you give up that easily & don't bother to adapt what goes in your fat mouth first.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
You you people wanting to dictate how food stamps are spent are really out of touch with reality, you have no ownership over that money, you don't get to dictate how the poor or homeless spend their money.... You are nothing but psychopaths who enjoy seeing others suffer.....

I do agree here, but with a bit of a difference -- I don't believe junk food should be purchasable with EBT. Having been on EBT once ourselves, it was a complete clusterf# of people complaining. If we bought cheap crap like mac & cheese or bologna, you'd have one side of complaining over the s# food being bought. if we bought healthy food like chicken, pork, veggies, you'd have the other side having screaming mimi's over the cost of it. Well, pick one, jackasses. You want people buying junk, or healthy food on EBT? MAKE A DECISION HERE.

Personally, since we only bought healthy food and very, very little processed, I'd MUCH rather it be limited to fresh/raw goods & staple goods like grains/sugar only. Otherwise, you're simply paying for the government to keep the poor unhealthy, and unhealthy leads not much return bang for your tax buck.
edit on 1/30/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

ETA It's a Banksy

Tell bansky that wars end occasionally but the war on poverty never will.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Tell bansky that wars end occasionally but the war on poverty never will.

To paraphrase:
"The poor will always be with us, unlike myself." -- Jesus Christ

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

No doubt some regulation is required, here in oz they are trialling cashless debit cards, I think it works out to be roughly 20% of the welfare payment can be used as cash the rest can only be used for food and rent, and from early reports it's already making a difference as people are no longer able to spend all their payment on alcohol and cigarettes.

The healthy eating part I agree with you there but am cynical as its difficult to implement and some people are absolutely clueless when it comes to healthy eating, also it can be far more expensive to eat healthier foods, I know i guy who ran a pizza hut and he told me there was a direct link between higher fuel costs and his pizza sales, sometimes cheap crap is all people can afford.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

No doubt some regulation is required, here in oz they are trialling cashless debit cards, I think it works out to be roughly 20% of the welfare payment can be used as cash the rest can only be used for food and rent, and from early reports it's already making a difference as people are no longer able to spend all their payment on alcohol and cigarettes.

The healthy eating part I agree with you there but am cynical as its difficult to implement and some people are absolutely clueless when it comes to healthy eating, also it can be far more expensive to eat healthier foods, I know i guy who ran a pizza hut and he told me there was a direct link between higher fuel costs and his pizza sales, sometimes cheap crap is all people can afford.

I absolutely understand this firsthand, it's a balancing act between eating healthy and stretching it for the month on the cheap. As much of an oxymoron as cheap convenience food seems to be, it's real. The best, healthiest foods are consistently expensive or outright out of reach for one reason or another, be it rarity, or bandwagon mark-up, costs associated with non-GMO/organic/etc labeling, and so forth. Its ridiculous to realize we've gone full retard & actually restricted basic fresh food from people like this. Greed is killing us from all angles.
edit on 1/30/2018 by Nyiah because: Bunlged what I tried to bold, fixed it.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

You should use your pet instead of food stamps.

Tastes like veal.

Brings a new meaning to "wok the dog."

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The best way to end hunger is to end the source where it began. People blame Communism being bad. Unless animals are intelligent like humans. I can see no wrong of animals naturally dying to other predators unless they are an invasive species like Humanity.

edit on 30-1-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by:
AugustusMasonicus

Tastes like veal.

It's not new, just look up what happened to pets in the U. K during ww2.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There is a major side effect if people start feeding animals. There are other people who needs food. Where do you think all the food comes from? Food isn't an unlimited resource. It is also seasonal. When most of the food goes to pet instead of humans. The pet will become food. When people don't get food, there will be war. Animals will always be below the food chain for humanity. I ain't going to blame anyone for eating dogs or cats(Asia). They are very safe right now within our society from being extinct because they are a natural pet.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by:
AugustusMasonicus

Tastes like veal.

It's not new, just look up what happened to pets in the U. K during ww2.

Fido in Britain was a limited event. Look up Bok Day. speakupforthevoiceless.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join