It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should undocumented immigrants attending State of the Union be arrested along with House members?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: Tekaran
100 bucks says when Trump does nothing, not even a mention of the Creamers even being present, that the leftys call him out anyways for not acknowledging them being there. Or better yet, turn it around and call him "Too easy" on illegals for not arresting them at a congress event. No matter what, they will put a spin on it. Especially CNN!

---as opposed to the straight-up, always objective, no-spin-here reporting we'll surely see from Reichfart and Faux news.

Put Fox on at 3 and watch Shep Smith. You'll like him.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
a reply to: DBCowboy

We could naturalized them on the spot as they get off the bus. Here you go, your all Americans now, welcome to paying taxes.

The best part will be the following day when they are all fired because now their employers have to give them workers rights, workers comp, pay them a minimum wage, benefits, and rights as Americans. Where is the fun or profits in that?

edit on 07131America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jan 2018 14:07:52 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Not really the subject here in this thread, but I'm sure you could guess how I feel about that from what I've posted here. Enforcement of all of the laws on the books on everyone equally is the only right way. If the laws are unjust or uneeded or flat out unenforceable then we need repeal those laws using the process set forth in our nations constitution. Picking and choosing when and on who to enforce them breeds corruption and inequality...neither of which are very good for us as a nation.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
should bring ICE..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
DO IT!

Picture this:

Pelosi and a bunch of idiots wearing colorful clothes showing off a bunch of people defying federal law directly in front of the federal government, with all of them yelling out stupid things and waiving Mexican Flags..... Followed by Cruz showing up with a megaphone, screeching and hollering a bunch of false, unintelligible nonsense and handing out shirts and hats.

Not to be upstaged by Warren who will appear wearing a full-on Pocahontas outfit, sending smoke signals to her guest she brought.

I'll bring the popcorn, let's DO THIS!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: Tekaran
100 bucks says when Trump does nothing, not even a mention of the Creamers even being present, that the leftys call him out anyways for not acknowledging them being there. Or better yet, turn it around and call him "Too easy" on illegals for not arresting them at a congress event. No matter what, they will put a spin on it. Especially CNN!

---as opposed to the straight-up, always objective, no-spin-here reporting we'll surely see from Reichfart and Faux news.

Put Fox on at 3 and watch Shep Smith. You'll like him.

I might just do that. I do think it's important to sample sources across the spectrum in an effort to get to some semblance of the middle road--tricky as that can be in this day and age.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Wardaddy wardaddy wardaddy. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you peacedaddy.

(I don't know about 'vote farm". They can't vote in my state.)

That addresses nothing of what I said.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
This is a gambit and one that may not be what people expect.

Think back to certain points in history where a picture or even a live broadcast, changed public opinion that caused social changed in the country.

So they bring illegal immigrants to the White House, what if they were to bring children, what would the public reaction be if they saw officers coming in and arresting them right there on the spot? And who would want to be in charge of that PR nightmare from it? Think about it, large cops swarming in to arrest frightened children in the Congress of the United States, what images would that say to the world?

So if I was a Democrat, I would bring children, not adults to this meeting, showing the faces of DACA and use that as a political ploy against the president and the republicans. I know it stinks but it forces the republicans to make a decision, arrest children infront of the national media, or let them come sit, visit and then go again.

Exactly. If they were to arrest these people, as the OP suggested, it would be a game changer that would garner sympathy and paint the Right Wing/Trump as authoritarian nutters.

So I say go for it. Let's see their wishes come true.

You keep flapping on about authoritarian like you have a clue what it means...do you really or...? I replied to your earlier post on page 1 and I really don't want to repost it again so I'll just ask if you have any answers for the class on those questions I asked?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Gandalf77

Not really the subject here in this thread, but I'm sure you could guess how I feel about that from what I've posted here. Enforcement of all of the laws on the books on everyone equally is the only right way. If the laws are unjust or uneeded or flat out unenforceable then we need repeal those laws using the process set forth in our nations constitution. Picking and choosing when and on who to enforce them breeds corruption and inequality...neither of which are very good for us as a nation.

I know what you're saying, and I agree. I would suggest that the corruption and inequality are quite prevalent in the halls of power to begin with, and those that wield that power on both sides of the aisle tend to put their fingers on the scales of justice for their own benefit and job security. Much easier to talk about "justice" when hauling off illegal aliens.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How is arresting people who are breaking the law "Right Wing Actions" ?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Can you imagine arrests at the end of the SOTU? If they want to try to make a point we should do it right back at them.

By all means, go for it.

It would be a perfect example for US citizens to see how authoritarian the Right Wing is becoming.

Televise it and let's see it go down.

Sure, you mean like when Clinton had armed military forces drag poor little Elian Gonzalez from his home and had him deported? The pictures speak volumes.

Hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: carewemust

Round them up and beat them with clubs...I'm sure some would applaud it.

I was thinking it would be much more fun to build some concentration camps with those special “showers” and the big ovens.

“No papers? Off you go to the camp!”

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

How is arresting people who are breaking the law "Right Wing Actions" ?

You have to understand, the leftists are the perpetual "victim class".

So arresting them is what they want.

It'd fit in with their talking points.

To turn it back on them, Trump should look at the illegals, say, "If any of you are Dreamers, come on down and I will promise you citizenship if only those that invited you would agree with me."

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Wardaddy wardaddy wardaddy. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you peacedaddy.

(I don't know about 'vote farm". They can't vote in my state.)

That addresses nothing of what I said.

Because I don't know how much money the children receive, comparatively. I haven't looked in to any of that. And I don't know in which states they are permitted to vote, except California, so I really couldn't address it with any accuracy.
And I didn't want to invest my time this morning researching it all, to either accept or challenge your comments.

So that's it. In a nutshell. I guess I should have told you that the first time.

edit on 1/30/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Enforcing existing laws doesn't make government authoritative.

The laws have been in place looooong before Trump.

You're allowed to break the law.

Even God, just gave his ten commandments, with "warnings" but no authoritarian implementation.

When you break the law, you don't know whether you'll be "punished" or "forgiven."

It's a risk. But, you have the option to take that risk. That's called "freedom."

Now, it is possible to set up the society so that nobody can break the law.

We can make it impossible for you to break the law, even if you wanted to.

We're gradually moving in that direction.

Let me give you an example.

Some years ago, on the way back from picking up groceries, I made an "illegal left turn" into a side street that was near my home. The "no left turn" sign, was time bound. And it forbid the left turn before 4:00pm. But, after 4:00pm the turn was legal. It was about 3:55pm when I decided it was close enough, and it was a short cut to my home, so I turned.
Unfortunately, there was a cop car sitting there up the side street, waiting for people to do just that. So, I got a ticket.
On another day, I might have gotten away with this "illegal" action. But, not today.

Two years later, the city remodeled the road, and put a concrete barrier in the middle of the road, so that no one could make a left turn there anymore. And they removed the illegal left turn sign. It was no longer needed, because the drivers no longer had any "choice". They could never make a left turn there. So, there are no more cop cars sitting up the street, waiting for law breakers. An efficient solution.

That's where we're headed.

edit on 30-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NOprah

So it is "authoritarian" now to follow the laws of the land. Interesting.

No. It's authoritarian to hold an ideology that requires strict obedience to the state and does not allow for flexibility, which is what many on the Right seem to have.

I bet you didn't care when Obama was using EOs to implement things that would never pass congress.

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with this topic.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
This is a gambit and one that may not be what people expect.

Think back to certain points in history where a picture or even a live broadcast, changed public opinion that caused social changed in the country.

So they bring illegal immigrants to the White House, what if they were to bring children, what would the public reaction be if they saw officers coming in and arresting them right there on the spot? And who would want to be in charge of that PR nightmare from it? Think about it, large cops swarming in to arrest frightened children in the Congress of the United States, what images would that say to the world?

So if I was a Democrat, I would bring children, not adults to this meeting, showing the faces of DACA and use that as a political ploy against the president and the republicans. I know it stinks but it forces the republicans to make a decision, arrest children infront of the national media, or let them come sit, visit and then go again.

Exactly. If they were to arrest these people, as the OP suggested, it would be a game changer that would garner sympathy and paint the Right Wing/Trump as authoritarian nutters.

So I say go for it. Let's see their wishes come true.

Could backfire and show the world that Dems care nothing for the rule of law and only for the special treatment of one minority over others. Ride that wave into 2020.

It could. Are you willing to take that gamble?

Stop talking and roll the dice.

link   

Arrest the non-DACA people and those who are facilitating their attendance.

As we all know, the DACA people are in limbo right now, so no, they should not be arrested, but other illegals--absolutely, especially when they are being used as pawns in a political scheme to bait the president.

But from a PR perspective, the Dems know that they are putting Trump in a bad spot--arrest anyone, he looks heartless and it creates a sideshow that the Dems will exploit; let them attend unmolested, and he looks soft on immigration laws to his base and the country.

This will be a relative lose-lose for Trump, but I think my approach would be a compromise, which is sorely needed in this country. But those politicians doing this grandstanding should be ashamed of themselves.

link   

yes.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Time for some "Icing" on the cake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join