It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should undocumented immigrants attending State of the Union be arrested along with House members?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I just want to know where Putin and Stormy are going to sit.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ummm...let the...ICE...games begin...

Winter...at the Capitol building...

I wonder who's going to try to skate out of this one...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
This is a gambit and one that may not be what people expect.

Think back to certain points in history where a picture or even a live broadcast, changed public opinion that caused social changed in the country.

So they bring illegal immigrants to the White House, what if they were to bring children, what would the public reaction be if they saw officers coming in and arresting them right there on the spot? And who would want to be in charge of that PR nightmare from it? Think about it, large cops swarming in to arrest frightened children in the Congress of the United States, what images would that say to the world?

So if I was a Democrat, I would bring children, not adults to this meeting, showing the faces of DACA and use that as a political ploy against the president and the republicans. I know it stinks but it forces the republicans to make a decision, arrest children infront of the national media, or let them come sit, visit and then go again.

Exactly. If they were to arrest these people, as the OP suggested, it would be a game changer that would garner sympathy and paint the Right Wing/Trump as authoritarian nutters.

So I say go for it. Let's see their wishes come true.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You wouldn't think they would leave just anyone into a function like that, someone could smuggle a gun in. I thought you would need some special security clearance to get in the same room as the president is in. I guess Senators can override laws and common sense, I doubt if I would even be allowed in the same room as the president.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to matafuchs;

Over 20 DNC House members are planning on brining illegal immigrants to the 1st SOTU for President Trump

Persons aiding and abetting criminals should be held accountable. If they want justice they should get justice.

So I expect at least 20 arrests.
edit;
Yes would be my answer.

The whole mess could be avoided if people wanted to give honor and respect to the Office of the President during SOTU.
edit on (1/30/1818 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: matafuchs

Can you imagine arrests at the end of the SOTU? If they want to try to make a point we should do it right back at them.

By all means, go for it.

It would be a perfect example for US citizens to see how authoritarian the Right Wing is becoming.

Televise it and let's see it go down.

So it is "authoritarian" now to follow the laws of the land. Interesting.

I bet you didn't care when Obama was using EOs to implement things that would never pass congress.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Something tells me if DREAMERS are allowed in decorum will go out the window.
Capitol police can hand them over to ICE, maybe they can share a cell with their Democratic handlers who just might find themselves exposed this evening.

Trump is holding his cards very close to his chest, I suspect for good reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: carewemust

All humans have feelings.

Good, now you admit they are human, they just don't deserve to be treated as such. Apparently you don't see the conflict.

There are children here that get less benefits than a DACA recipient. Are DACA recipients special humans? Or just the current vote farm.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: carewemust

Round them up and beat them with clubs...

Ummm...Who...the democrat congress critters...?

Only if they're fleeing arrest...no need to bust heads until then...don't you think...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
This is a gambit and one that may not be what people expect.

Think back to certain points in history where a picture or even a live broadcast, changed public opinion that caused social changed in the country.

So they bring illegal immigrants to the White House, what if they were to bring children, what would the public reaction be if they saw officers coming in and arresting them right there on the spot? And who would want to be in charge of that PR nightmare from it? Think about it, large cops swarming in to arrest frightened children in the Congress of the United States, what images would that say to the world?

So if I was a Democrat, I would bring children, not adults to this meeting, showing the faces of DACA and use that as a political ploy against the president and the republicans. I know it stinks but it forces the republicans to make a decision, arrest children infront of the national media, or let them come sit, visit and then go again.

Exactly. If they were to arrest these people, as the OP suggested, it would be a game changer that would garner sympathy and paint the Right Wing/Trump as authoritarian nutters.

So I say go for it. Let's see their wishes come true.

Could backfire and show the world that Dems care nothing for the rule of law and only for the special treatment of one minority over others. Ride that wave into 2020.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You wouldn't think they would leave just anyone into a function like that, someone could smuggle a gun in. I thought you would need some special security clearance to get in the same room as the president is in. I guess Senators can override laws and common sense, I doubt if I would even be allowed in the same room as the president.

Nobody with common sense is allowed in the same room as the president.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Is enforcing laws authoritarian? Should we just not enforce laws? What do you think would happen to you if you were caught harboring illegal aliens? Finally what kind of message does it send to the population if we selectively enforce our laws and people in positions of authority do not have the law enforced on them yet us citizens do?

Just something I would be interested in hearing your opinions on...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I do hope that the writer of the source, or the op, don't think that the puerto rican mayor is an illegal immigrant?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well unfortunately the politicians can not be arrested while congress is in session unless they commit a felony or some such...I remember this being posted recently in regards to the memo. Maybe that's why they are brazen enough to try this stunt.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why would you think that...last I checked that was a territory of the US and didn't require immigrating to the US to travel here. Seems like you just wanted to try and bash this thread from whatever angle you could cook up without even thinking...or using basic sense...its not common anymore so I go with basic sense now.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: introvert

Is enforcing laws authoritarian? Should we just not enforce laws? What do you think would happen to you if you were caught harboring illegal aliens? Finally what kind of message does it send to the population if we selectively enforce our laws and people in positions of authority do not have the law enforced on them yet us citizens do?

Just something I would be interested in hearing your opinions on...

Well, if they get serious about enforcing the money-laundering laws, there won't be many people left in the WH or on capital hill.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Wardaddy wardaddy wardaddy. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you peacedaddy.

(I don't know about 'vote farm". They can't vote in my state.)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
100 bucks says when Trump does nothing, not even a mention of the Creamers even being present, that the leftys call him out anyways for not acknowledging them being there. Or better yet, turn it around and call him "Too easy" on illegals for not arresting them at a congress event. No matter what, they will put a spin on it. Especially CNN!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
100 bucks says when Trump does nothing, not even a mention of the Creamers even being present, that the leftys call him out anyways for not acknowledging them being there. Or better yet, turn it around and call him "Too easy" on illegals for not arresting them at a congress event. No matter what, they will put a spin on it. Especially CNN!

---as opposed to the straight-up, always objective, no-spin-here reporting we'll surely see from Reichfart and Faux news.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: rickymouse

Nobody with common sense is allowed in the same room as the president.

Yeah, I understand, only politicians and beaurocrats go into the room with a president. The job of the secret service is to make sure people with common sense do not corrupt the president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join