It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should undocumented immigrants attending State of the Union be arrested along with House members?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Over 20 DNC House members are planning on brining illegal immigrants to the 1st SOTU for President Trump.

Link

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), several Democratic senators and more than two dozen House members, including Reps. Gerry Connelly of Virginia and David Price of North Carolina, will bring DACA recipients and other undocumented immigrants to the address.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) tweeted on Monday she was bringing San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who condemned Trump’s visit to Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria in October.

Also on Monday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) announced that she would bring Brockton City Councilor-At-Large Jean Bradley Derenoncourt, the first Haitian-American man to win election to a public office in Massachusetts.

Can you imagine what would happen if this was to occur? But, in reality, they are breaking the law. I don't see anyone doing bong rips to help medical marijuana to protest Federal/State law which would put themselves in danger but they are putting these people in the crosshairs. It is a 'dare' to the current administration to do something.

Even those not coming are doing the same...

Several House Democrats announced they would not attend, including Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), John Lewis (D-Ga.), Jan Schakowsky, (D-Ill.), Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) and Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.). Reps. Jayapal, Lewis, Waters, and Wilson decided to skip it after Trump’s incendiary comments on Haiti and other African countries.

Blumenauer will instead send a a DACA recipient, a so-called Dreamer, in his place to “remind Trump that these are real people with families and jobs, who are vital to our communities.”

Schakowsky, who is also boycotting because of president’s comments, said in a statement, “The American people have been subjected to a year of racist, erratic, and divisive behavior from their Commander in Chief, and I refuse to accept that as the new normal.”

Can you imagine arrests at the end of the SOTU? If they want to try to make a point we should do it right back at them.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I... they....

Am I witnessing the buildup to a bum rush?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Their faces will be scanned by our amazing NSA technology. It's too bad the Congressmen who bring them really don't give a damn about them. The NSA will alert ICE. They could be deported. Their "friend" in Congress won't even know/care that they're gone after tonight.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I... they....

Am I witnessing the buildup to a bum rush?

bum rush"
To attack someone or something by wildly charging them full force with no sort of tact or skill other than one's own momentum and possibly the backs and sides of their fists as they randomly flail them out of rage, but certainly consisting of no precisely swung blows.

Sounds about right!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Arrest all of them!! Drain the swamp!! Bring out the meat hooks for the politicians though....

+25 more 
link   
If they are undocumented immigrants then the drug dealer down the street is an unlicensed pharmacist. They are at best uninvited criminals.

link   

Can you imagine arrests at the end of the SOTU? If they want to try to make a point we should do it right back at them.

By all means, go for it.

It would be a perfect example for US citizens to see how authoritarian the Right Wing is becoming.

Televise it and let's see it go down.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Over 20 DNC House members are planning on brining illegal immigrants to the 1st SOTU for President Trump.

Link

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), several Democratic senators and more than two dozen House members, including Reps. Gerry Connelly of Virginia and David Price of North Carolina, will bring DACA recipients and other undocumented immigrants to the address.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) tweeted on Monday she was bringing San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who condemned Trump’s visit to Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria in October.

Also on Monday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) announced that she would bring Brockton City Councilor-At-Large Jean Bradley Derenoncourt, the first Haitian-American man to win election to a public office in Massachusetts.

Can you imagine what would happen if this was to occur? But, in reality, they are breaking the law. I don't see anyone doing bong rips to help medical marijuana to protest Federal/State law which would put themselves in danger but they are putting these people in the crosshairs. It is a 'dare' to the current administration to do something.

Even those not coming are doing the same...

Several House Democrats announced they would not attend, including Reps. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), John Lewis (D-Ga.), Jan Schakowsky, (D-Ill.), Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) and Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.). Reps. Jayapal, Lewis, Waters, and Wilson decided to skip it after Trump’s incendiary comments on Haiti and other African countries.

Blumenauer will instead send a a DACA recipient, a so-called Dreamer, in his place to “remind Trump that these are real people with families and jobs, who are vital to our communities.”

Schakowsky, who is also boycotting because of president’s comments, said in a statement, “The American people have been subjected to a year of racist, erratic, and divisive behavior from their Commander in Chief, and I refuse to accept that as the new normal.”

Yes. Haven’t you seen live PD? They don’t let the cameras stop those criminals from being arrested, why should these cameras and criminals be any different?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just divert the busses directly to the local I.C.E station.

That would be fast, economical, and we could spin it on the dems "they knowingly brought those poor illegal immigrants here...."
edit on 30-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

"It would be a perfect example for US citizens to see how authoritarian the Right Wing is becoming. "

I'd see it as an example of the government is enforcing it's laws.

And holding criminals accountable.

Enforcing existing laws doesn't make government authoritative.

The laws have been in place looooong before Trump.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Can you imagine arrests at the end of the SOTU? .....we should do it right back at them.

Duh! Who's we? Do it yourself....but make sure Trump is well tied up, he's a slippery artist.

link   

No.

Because that is what the leftists want.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

By all means, go for it.

It would be a perfect example for US citizens to see how authoritarian the Right Wing is becoming.

Televise it and let's see it go down.

So being a law obeying citizen and wanting others to do the same now makes your an authoritarian??

Who knew??

Nice.

link   
If anything the parents who brought them here should be arrested for human smuggling/trafficking.

I'm pretty sure the parent's actions fit the definition of that law.

link   

I can only imagine the amount of apoplexy that move would cause.

We'd literally see CNN reporters with their heads spinning around like Linda Blair.

Great for ratings though.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We could naturalized them on the spot as they get off the bus. Here you go, your all Americans now, welcome to paying taxes.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
And people said it would cost to much money to round up the illegals. The Dems are delivering them right to Trump personally.

If this is a dare to President Trump, then they have learned nothing since he was elected.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
a reply to: DBCowboy

We could naturalized them on the spot as they get off the bus. Here you go, your all Americans now, welcome to paying taxes.

that would be awesome!

hahahahahahahaha, Trump should look at all of them and immediately grant them amnesty!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
If anything the parents who brought them here should be arrested for human smuggling/trafficking.

I'm pretty sure the parent's actions fit the definition of that law.

Now that would be an interesting use of the Dec 21 E.O. Trump signed.

Can you imagine chuck and nancy's assets froze and being detained as criminal trafficking?

And then naturalize all the people ,that way it gets held up in court for eons.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join