It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War of Two Memos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

We haven't seen any leaks from Mueller's office because they're professionals, and they actually know how to handle classified information. Just because the Trump administration hasn't been able to keep things under wraps doesn't mean that anyone else can't either. It is highly illogical to suggest that if there was any evidence it would have leaked by now.
A couple of individuals have already been indicted, and others are cooperating; that's hardly an indication of a lack of evidence.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There's also a new thread dissecting the author of the memo, who looks to be about as clean and legitimate as a public urinal.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

" one has to wonder just how many of them were taking money from Russia right along with him.... "

i agree.

or, what putin has on them. the russians hacked the RNC, too..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Gandalf77

" one has to wonder just how many of them were taking money from Russia right along with him.... "

i agree.

or, what putin has on them. the russians hacked the RNC, too..

Good point!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
MEANWHILE..

A SECOND Memo/Dossier from a Clinton supporter has mysteriously surfaced.
www.theguardian.com...

Written by someone close to the Clinton house???? Are you kidding me? Isn't that what started this mess to begin with?

So only Clinton cronies have dirt on Trump? I mean come on!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

We haven't seen any leaks from Mueller's office because they're Professionals, and they actually know how to handle classified information. Just because the Trump administration hasn't been able to keep things under wraps doesn't mean that anyone else can't either. It is highly illogical to suggest that if there was any evidence it would have leaked by now.
A couple of individuals have already been indicted, and others are cooperating; that's hardly an indication of a lack of evidence.

Professionals? Comey admitted under oath that he leaked info to a friend. Mueller and all these cronies are sliced from the same loaf. I don't buy it.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, although I do think it should eventually be released...

Me too. I'd like to see them released at the same time -- even if that means delaying the first memo's release.

I suspect that the Dems only tried to do it in order to hand the MSM a document they could use to distract public attention away from the GOP memo.

Yeah, I think that was their hope and intention. It looks like cheap politics. So they just need to release them both and let the public make up their own minds!

So that the MSM can give all of its bias towards one and ignore the other, effectively playing their part in fooling the american people?

That's what it comes down to... they want two sides of the story out there so the media can do their usual misdirection thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet that the sum total of the Nunes memo is going to come down to this: "The Dems funded the research that yielded that dossier. The FBI didn't jump up and down make a big deal out of that when they applied for the FISA warrant. Therefore, everything about this investigation is suspect, the FBI is secretly run by the Clintons, and Obama is a muslim. Long live Comrade Cheeto."

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: carewemust

There's also a new thread dissecting the author of the memo, who looks to be about as clean and legitimate as a public urinal.

Thanks for the heads up. I just read it. Hey, whatever keeps Democrats discombobulated is good for Republicans. I thank them daily for keeping HATE, front and center in their minds.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm willing to bet that the sum total of the Nunes memo is going to come down to this: "The Dems funded the research that yielded that dossier. The FBI didn't jump up and down make a big deal out of that when they applied for the FISA warrant. Therefore, everything about this investigation is suspect, the FBI is secretly run by the Clintons, and Obama is a muslim. Long live Comrade Cheeto."

That's almost word-for-word what the memo says.

All 4 pages!

Then it says, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

We haven't seen any leaks from Mueller's office because they're Professionals, and they actually know how to handle classified information. Just because the Trump administration hasn't been able to keep things under wraps doesn't mean that anyone else can't either. It is highly illogical to suggest that if there was any evidence it would have leaked by now.

Professionals? Comey admitted under oath that he leaked info to a friend. Mueller and all these cronies are sliced from the same loaf. I don't buy it.

Nothing that Comey leaked to his friend was "classified." Comey and Mueller (Republicans appointed by Republicans) actually have brains, honor, integrity, etc. They know how to handle investigations, classified information, etc. People don't buy it because they don't WANT to buy it.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ryan is urging lawmakers not to overplay the memo. lol

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's almost word-for-word what the memo says.

All 4 pages!

Then it says, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

LOL. Always love your responses.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

MEANWHILE..

A SECOND Memo/Dossier from a Clinton supporter has mysteriously surfaced.
www.theguardian.com...

Written by someone close to the Clinton house???? Are you kidding me? Isn't that what started this mess to begin with?

So only Clinton cronies have dirt on Trump? I mean come on!

Apologies for not staying on-topic with this thread. I threw that out there hoping someone would start a thread on the subject. Looks like Xuechen wisely did so. Yeah...friend of the Clinton crime family concocted the document. The millions $$$ paid was just pocket-change to Bill and Hillary.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

House majority leader Ryan also said today that the FBI is dirty, and needs to be "cleansed".
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

House majority leader Ryan also said today that the FBI is dirty, and needs to be "cleansed".
www.foxnews.com...

Well, in his defense, nobody has accused him of being very smart.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

The fact that Trump's stool pigeon, Nunes, had this thing put together should be a red flag (no pun intended) for anyone with some critical thinking skills. (Yes, I realize that instantly rules out a large portion of his base.) The partisan stoogery is so obvious here. We're talking about the guy who's been trying to muddy the waters the whole time. Yes, I'm sure this will be a really unbiased, objective, and transparent document. No cherry-picking or misdirection whatsoever.

It would be nice if they would actually listen to the Justice Department's concerns, but that would be sensible, right?
They're just crafty enough to know that all the other points that would really paint a more complete picture won't be allowed to see the light of day--e.g., all the intel that our allies passed on to the CIA and FBI, why the FBI was watching Page to begin with (going back to 2013), the layers of evidence and corroboration required to meet the standards of the FISA court, etc.

No, what we're going to see is just another attempt to pimp the ludicrous notion that the FBI is somehow biased toward Trump and secretly under the control of a "liberal" deep state--an officially Republican-sanctioned softball for Reichfart news and their inbred fans.

The scariest part, though, is that the average Trump moonie won't even bother to read it. Heck, Trump himself probably won't read it. He'll rely on one of his sycophantic minions to summarize it over Big Macs and/or a round of golf.

They'll release the memo, and all the money-grubbing blowhards like Hannity and Limburger will use it to whip Trump's illiterate base into a frothing orange lather.

Sadly, some of them have seen enough to really know how serious this is. Some of them are aware of how close Mueller is to bringing down their Cheeto Messiah. Notions of honor and integrity aside, one has to wonder just how many of them were taking money from Russia right along with him....

Do people really have their heads that far in the sand?

Ummm...respectively...it isn't...sand...they have their heads buried that far in...

Cue...Ross Perot's huge sucking sound...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So that the MSM can give all of its bias towards one and ignore the other, effectively playing their part in fooling the american people?

That's what it comes down to... they want two sides of the story out there so the media can do their usual misdirection thing.

Anyone who wants to spin the memo is going to spin it no matter when it's released. And the spin will be specific to the circumstances. That's what they do.

And quite honestly, I really don't see your logic. If the memos are released simultaneously, then in order to understand the Dem's rebuttal memo, one MUST read the GOP memo. So I don't see how the Dem memo could possibly overshadow the GOP memo. They would have to be taken together.

However, if only the GOP memo is released, then all the political and media focus will be on the unreleased -- and therefore unknown and unknowable -- Dem memo, immediately and necessarily devaluing the GOP memo as a cheap political stunt, and leading many not to even read it, much less believe it. That's when the Dem memo could and would overshadow the GOP memo.

But more important, this is about the American people's right to know. Give us the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth, and we'll figure it out. The American people aren't stupid. And most of us know there's a whole lot of blame to go around.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Exactly. Well said. Release them both at the same time, and let those of us who actually read dig through it and make up our own minds.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I heard Nunes didn't even see the classified FBI documents at all. How can that be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join