It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War of Two Memos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Wave scandal after scandal in front of people's faces with enough twists and turns that'll make anyone dizzy and you're sure to make at least two opposing factions in the process. Divide and conquer, they're doing a great job with their psyop.

I don't disagree... that's what we've seen for far too long and from both sides. And the never-ending parade of salacious rumors from unnamed "official" sources has only compounded the craziness. But that's what happens when the truth is withheld: then all we have are rumors and gossip.

Which is why I'm for complete transparency -- the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Lets be honest the 100% absolute truth will lay somewhere between the two memos.

That said, any and I mean any illegal acts should be pursued to the fullest extent of the law no matter who it hits, and anyone that decides no we don't want to do that should be kicked out of office republican or democrat.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

For the xillionth time. The memo is not drafted by Republicans. It is the result of the months long investigation of the HIC. Am i the only one who read the full April 2017 report? There was definitely something fishy going on especially in the last months of Obamas presidency.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

A simultaneous release would be ideal, but realistically, I can understand why the GOP wouldn't want to do that and why they probably shouldn't. If they do, the only one that the average person will ever hear about is the Dems' memo, because that's all the MSM will cover. If the allegations of corruption contained within the GOP memo are as bad as suggested, I think it would be a great disservice to the public to give the media and the Dems such an opportunity to bury it.

Given that, I'd prefer they wait a few weeks before releasing the Dems' memo. That would give the public a better chance to hear both sides of the story.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The fact that Trump's stool pigeon, Nunes, had this thing put together should be a red flag (no pun intended) for anyone with some critical thinking skills. (Yes, I realize that instantly rules out a large portion of his base.) The partisan stoogery is so obvious here. We're talking about the guy who's been trying to muddy the waters the whole time. Yes, I'm sure this will be a really unbiased, objective, and transparent document. No cherry-picking or misdirection whatsoever.

It would be nice if they would actually listen to the Justice Department's concerns, but that would be sensible, right?
They're just crafty enough to know that all the other points that would really paint a more complete picture won't be allowed to see the light of day--e.g., all the intel that our allies passed on to the CIA and FBI, why the FBI was watching Page to begin with (going back to 2013), the layers of evidence and corroboration required to meet the standards of the FISA court, etc.

No, what we're going to see is just another attempt to pimp the ludicrous notion that the FBI is somehow biased toward Trump and secretly under the control of a "liberal" deep state--an officially Republican-sanctioned softball for Reichfart news and their inbred fans.

The scariest part, though, is that the average Trump moonie won't even bother to read it. Heck, Trump himself probably won't read it. He'll rely on one of his sycophantic minions to summarize it over Big Macs and/or a round of golf.

They'll release the memo, and all the money-grubbing blowhards like Hannity and Limburger will use it to whip Trump's illiterate base into a frothing orange lather.

Sadly, some of them have seen enough to really know how serious this is. Some of them are aware of how close Mueller is to bringing down their Cheeto Messiah. Notions of honor and integrity aside, one has to wonder just how many of them were taking money from Russia right along with him....

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The memo wasn't written by Trump appointee. The memo was written primarily by HIC member Nunez who is an elected member of Congress from California.

The second memo in question was written by an elected member of Congress who happens to be a Democrat.

As I understand the second memo will be available for House members to see just as the other memo was. Then a vote by the HIC members and review by DOJ officials followed by the President and eventually to the public. The same process as the first memo.
edit on 1/30/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

The Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee began hastily throwing together their MEMO last Wednesday. It's designed to counter a Republican H.I.C. MEMO that they've never seen.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I'm at work and keep getting pulled into meetings

Here is my understanding of the memo. The memo is a result of the house intelligence committee looking into the use of the FBI dossier for FISA warrants. The memo thumbs up in 3rd view what happened.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yes. You were the only one to read the April report out of the two of us
All of my news i get through cliff notes and summary. Unfortunately, I feel like my head would explode if i read very detail of what's going on, simply from the shear magnitude of "he said, she said" and having to hear about Russia every other paragraph.

All I ever read about the memo is that it was circulated among Repubs and they said it "didn't look good for the Democrats."

So putting this into perspective, the counter memo by Schiff is nothing more than a talking piece to try and sway the public a bit back to the left..... Hell, anyone can put a feet-stomping temper tantrum into words on paper, and simply say "nuh uh! This is an affront to American democracy!"

Actually, I'm betting that's what the whole thing will boil down to

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
MEANWHILE..

A SECOND Memo/Dossier from a Clinton supporter has mysteriously surfaced.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It's sad to see so many support corruption, lies, deceit. All to protect Obama, and the partisan liars in the FBI and DOJ.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
The fact that Trump's stool pigeon, Nunes, had this thing put together should be a red flag (no pun intended) for anyone with some critical thinking skills. (Yes, I realize that instantly rules out a large portion of his base.) The partisan stoogery is so obvious here. We're talking about the guy who's been trying to muddy the waters the whole time. Yes, I'm sure this will be a really unbiased, objective, and transparent document. No cherry-picking or misdirection whatsoever.

It would be nice if they would actually listen to the Justice Department's concerns, but that would be sensible, right?
They're just crafty enough to know that all the other points that would really paint a more complete picture won't be allowed to see the light of day--e.g., all the intel that our allies passed on to the CIA and FBI, why the FBI was watching Page to begin with (going back to 2013), the layers of evidence and corroboration required to meet the standards of the FISA court, etc.

No, what we're going to see is just another attempt to pimp the ludicrous notion that the FBI is somehow biased toward Trump and secretly under the control of a "liberal" deep state--an officially Republican-sanctioned softball for Reichfart news and their inbred fans.

The scariest part, though, is that the average Trump moonie won't even bother to read it. Heck, Trump himself probably won't read it. He'll rely on one of his sycophantic minions to summarize it over Big Macs and/or a round of golf.

They'll release the memo, and all the money-grubbing blowhards like Hannity and Limburger will use it to whip Trump's illiterate base into a frothing orange lather.

Sadly, some of them have seen enough to really know how serious this is. Some of them are aware of how close Mueller is to bringing down their Cheeto Messiah. Notions of honor and integrity aside, one has to wonder just how many of them were taking money from Russia right along with him....

I don't get it. I see this crap everywhere. Do people really have their heads that far in the sand? There is overwhelming indications that something shady went on with the FBI/DOJ/DNC. Yet nothing has came from the Mueller investigation that implicates Trump in any wrongdoings. With as many "Leaks" that has came out against Trump in the past, and yet nothing has leaked in regards to the Mueller investigation, if they had something, we would have known about it long ago.

I agree that, no matter who it is, if they had done anything illegal, they should pay the price. However, as it looks right now, the bill is going to be much bigger for the previous administration and it's departments.

This memo will explain a lot, and these bozos should be wearing new jumpsuits.

I would also like to add. To the ones that think this is a sideshow to take the focus away from the Mueller investigation, I don't see how this has anything to do with that. Let him continue his witchhunt. Unless of course, Mueller has his hands dirty also in this memo stuff. In that case, let someone else take over if they want.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Alright enough with all the BS. Here is the timeline of events that led to the minority memo. Nunes,Gowdy and a team of HIC investigators drafted a 4 page memo together. These 4 pages outline alleged FISA abuse of the Obama administration. Nunes invites the house to vote for the release of the memo to all congress members. Democrats vote in unison against it. Schiffty goes to CNN after viewing the memo and tries to discredit it right from the start. The HIC is refusing to show the memo to the FBI and DOJ because of possible implications of both agencies.

In the meantime more and more GOP members decide to view the memo themselves. Over 130 members viewed the memo and a lot of them start to tweet out their outrage over the content inside the memo immediatetly. Gaetz gathers 65 people to vote for the release of said memo made public. That sparks a massive campaign of patriots who take it to social media and demand the release of the memo. Schiffty and Democrats brand them as russianbots but get shutdown quickly after Twitter declares only a small percentage of the massive amount of patriots are in fact bots. Schiffty announces to draft a counter memo after Nunes calls for a vote to release the memo. The vote goes through and it went to POTUS per courier at the same day. Now we simply have to wait if POTUS allows the release to the public.

The Democrats had one week to view the memo themselves but they decided against it. What is more suspicious in your eyes?
edit on 30-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Don't expect a reply. He just pulls stuff out of his arse, throws it and hopes some of it sticks.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Boadicea

A simultaneous release would be ideal, but realistically, I can understand why the GOP wouldn't want to do that and why they probably shouldn't. If they do, the only one that the average person will ever hear about is the Dems' memo, because that's all the MSM will cover.

I understand, but the Dem memo is all the MSM is going to cover no matter what the GOP does or doesn't do. I'm afraid that if they release the GOP memo, all the media will talk about is how they GOP won't release the Dem memo... Or that the GOP "rushed" to release their memo first. I think the GOP's best hope, both politically and ethically, is to make a huge point of releasing both memos at the same time in the spirit of total transparency, and their total and complete faith and confidence in the American people to look at the facts and figure it out for themselves. Any hint of politics will be totally blown out of proportion by the Dems and their media lapdogs.

If the allegations of corruption contained within the GOP memo are as bad as suggested, I think it would be a great disservice to the public to give the media and the Dems such an opportunity to bury it.

I think it would be an even greater disservice to the public to think they cannot properly evaluate the evidence at hand -- or that they don't have the explicit right to do so. It would also be a disservice for the public to be denied the opportunity for a national dialogue about what's gone so wrong in DC, how it went wrong, and how we can and must do better.

Given that, I'd prefer they wait a few weeks before releasing the Dems' memo. That would give the public a better chance to hear both sides of the story.

That just seems so insulting to Americans -- as if they cannot look at the evidence presented by both sides and come to their own conclusions. If the evidence is as clear is it would seem, the people deserve to have both to evaluate at the same time. And not be spoonfed like children. It occurs to me that I may be wrong... that maybe most Americans cannot fairly and reasonable evaluate all the evidence. But in that case, it's time for them to learn. No more coddling, which allows for too much corruption. Get everyone up to speed so that this cannot happen again.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You forget that Andrew McCabe put in his papers the second it was voted to release the memo.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not only that. Wray went to view the memo on sunday and that prompted the "removal" of McCabe. McCabe,Rosenstein and Comey are all heavily implicated.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
MEANWHILE..

A SECOND Memo/Dossier from a Clinton supporter has mysteriously surfaced.
www.theguardian.com...

From that link:

The second memo was written by Cody Shearer, a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s.

That's pretty much all we need to know...

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Another Clinton stooge cooks up a fake story. What a shocker. Okay so when are the hardcore anti-Trumpers finally begin to see what is really going on? This reeks of BS.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I hope they get them all, but I have little faith in DC.

Maybe just maybe we will see some justice out of it and maybe that will spark a renaissance of people paying attention and holding the crooks accountable.

One can hope!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join