It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War of Two Memos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It is the Tale of Two Memos

So everyone knows that last night the House Intelligence Committee Republicans voted to release their “FISA abuse” memo to the public.  We are simply waiting on Trump’s signature which everyone feels will be granted.

This is the fight that has been on-going for quite some time.  With Nunes leading this campaign to Release the Memo.

The democrats have been working tirelessly to ensure that the memo was not released and that The American People were NOT allowed to see it but luckily the Truth Prevailed!!!!

Adam Schiff,D-Calif is now wanting to release his own memo.  Although I do not remember hearing about this memo until now.  Nor have I been able to find anything that corroborates that the “Schiff Memo” even existed before last night. 

The House Intelligence Committee has now voted to make the “Schiff memo” available to everyone in the house. 

More than one Republican told me Monday that they plan to support releasing the Democratic memo to the public after a period of time comparable to the Republican example

So, when the Republicans wanted their memo released it was of the utmost national security that NO ONE read it, but now that the Democrats have their own memo they want to show it to the world?

I believe that the democratic memo should be bound by the same time constraints that the republican memo went through.  Schiff can show everyone his memo in a few months, after the proper security precautions are taken.

Memo War: Washington Examiner

I'm mobile trying to get links to work
edit on 1/30/2018 by Martin75 because: Sorry about links I'm mobile

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The democrats have been working tirelessly to ensure that the memo was not released and that The American People were NOT allowed to see it but luckily the Truth Prevailed!!!!

That's absolutely true.

We the people are only suppose to see their version of events.

Which is why everyone should be taking a second look at everything that has transpired over the last year.

From malfeasance at the FBI, and DOJ, and question the veracity of the $1,000,000 opposition research being passed off as intelligence.

Either way the left has more in common with the Gestapo and KGB than their accused does.

edit on 30-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I’m a little confused, Do both memos originate from the DNC? One was written by Peter Schiff, who wrote the other?
edit on 30-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Schiffty bluffed and failed miserably as always. Nancy Pelosi is becoming completely unglued. Mad Maxine is under attack because of her hypocrisy and the 4.5 million US$ mansion outside her district. So far a very good week for us.

edit on 30-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The 4 page majority memo was crafted by Gowdy,Nunes and a team of investigators who worked on it for months. Schiffty crafted the minority memo in 2 days without showing it to anyone. Go figure.

edit on 30-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Release them both...That way we can see the turd sandwich the Dems are tying to feed their base.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I'm not even sure why Schiff even needs any new "memo" once "the memo" is released. Once it's released to public, isn't Schiff and anyone and everyone allowed to comment on it freely?

My only thought is that Schiff wrote his memo for House members only, or perhaps House Intelligence Committee members only, as a way to prevent the Nunes memo from being released to the entire House and/or the public. So its release to the public would make Schiff's memo moot.

But I don't know. Maybe there's more that I'm missing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The War of Two Memos

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, although I do think it should eventually be released, I don't know that there's really a need for the Dems' memo, given that once the GOP version is released, they'll be free to talk about it as much as anyone else and attempt to debunk it.

I suspect that the Dems only tried to do it in order to hand the MSM a document they could use to distract public attention away from the GOP memo.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Schiffty claimed after viewing the majority memo that it's full of lies and misinformation. Then he goes and creates a counter memo. Why would he feel the need to draft that if the majority memo can be easily debunked? These people are stupid and Schiffty reminds me of Yosemite Sam.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Lol, of course there's another memo. I wouldn't be surprised if both memos somehow nullify each other and we're back at square one again.

That's the story of this past year, a never-ending merry-go-round of leaks, memos, emails and dossiers, all provided to us by the media and government. But hey, it's all real and we're not chasing a carrot at the end of a stick, we'll reach it at some point soon, I'm sure of it!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah but the problem is this memo was written by a Trump appointee, and there's no way of knowing if the information contained in it is remotely accurate.

Republicans say it's true, Democrats say it's false.

So where is it going to leave us?

Republicans/Trump people will take it as proof that their beloved leader has been hard put on for being checked out by the intelligence agencies for Russian links, Democrats will take it as proof that a Trump appointee has written a bias memo.

Memo's aren't facts. We need the facts.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I don't keep up with the details, I'm just someone on the outside looking in, but I guarantee that's going to be the end result of all this, another round of people bitching at each other. As is tradition these days.

Round and round we go!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The freggin Steele dossier was created by a foreign spy paid for by the DNC and CLinton campaign.

Trump haters have no problems with that what so ever.

At least Nunes is a effing American.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
the memo...

It's just a lame tactic to derail the Mueller investigation. Not gonna happen!

Trump insulted to many people and now they are singing and seeking revenge. bigly!!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think it's called a "conflict of interest". Now watch, nothing will change after all this and the bitching will continue unabated with both sides having a reason not to give in. Like always.

I'm surprised you guys aren't dizzy yet, it's been over a year of you being led in circles. Looks like they're looping you around for another pass, hope you're ready.
edit on 1/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Yeah, although I do think it should eventually be released...

Me too. I'd like to see them released at the same time -- even if that means delaying the first memo's release.

I suspect that the Dems only tried to do it in order to hand the MSM a document they could use to distract public attention away from the GOP memo.

Yeah, I think that was their hope and intention. It looks like cheap politics. So they just need to release them both and let the public make up their own minds!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Schiffty claimed after viewing the majority memo that it's full of lies and misinformation. Then he goes and creates a counter memo. Why would he feel the need to draft that if the majority memo can be easily debunked?

Makes no sense to me either. I find fault with every possible scenario I come up with. Maybe something changed between when he wrote the memo and now that we don't know about?

These people are stupid and Schiffty reminds me of Yosemite Sam.

Yosemite Sam -- LOL! That really did make me laugh!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So they just need to release them both and let the public make up their own minds!

The only court that matters in this whole charade is that of public opinion, at least to the designers.

Wave scandal after scandal in front of people's faces with enough twists and turns that would make anyone dizzy and you're sure to make at least two opposing factions in the process. Divide and conquer, they're doing a great job with their psyop.
edit on 1/30/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So here's my take on this memo v memo deal...

The Republicans draft a memo. This memo is passed around to other Republicans, who say the information is damning. This memo apparently outlines several illegal abuses of the FISA court. Technically, I believe this court itself should be illegal, but i digress....

Next, the Democrats draft their own memo to counter the one above in question.

Here's where we have to read between the lines...... How is the Dem's memo going to counter anything, unless they ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S IN IT? They haven't read it, yet they know enough about it to counter it's claims.... Honestly, the only way this could even be the case is if they are well aware of the implications being legitimate as they have partaken in them personally.

Unless the Dem's memo was really written up in about two days, within the timeframe that everything was available to view to the whole house. If that's the case, it would hold just about as much wait as a hastily drawn up response to a motion filed in circuit court: Just several lines of "neither admitted or denied and leaves plaintiff to their proofs". Basically, them telling the opposition to support all evidence of findings so they can buy some more time to fabricate a defense.

Just sayin.
edit on 30-1-2018 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join