It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black panther early reviews

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well black panther is getting loads of hype.
Time will tell if it is deserved.
The trailers look great but we have been fooled before.
I don't trust the early reviews anymore especially after starwars.
Critics are using words like "iconic"
Hmmmm.

This is definitely on my watch list at this point.

www.usatoday.com... 68001/

Who else has this one on their radar?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They may not be the most original, thought-provoking, or groundbreaking movies most critics usually look for.

But the Marvel movies are a lot of fun to watch (and in my case rewatch, like, a lot). I have yet to be disappointed with a movie from the current universe (starting with Iron Man).

Definitely looking forward to this one, along with the even more exciting Avengers and intriguing Ant-Man this year. It is a good year for those of us who enjoy what Marvel has been doing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Fixing link. Members should use the icon above post window (box with arrow) to link external content.

Paint the URL there with a descriptor instead of 'hot linking'.

USAtoday

Here I thought it was a film about the "Black Panther Party", a civil righs movement, lol.

Another one bites the dust, evermore.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yeah getting loads of hype from critics. Based on how hollywood and marvel have taken the direction of the liberal point of view instead of making a good movie. Its going to be just as bad as the last few movies have been imo.

Im so sick and tired of hollywood dictating to me what diversity is or putting crappy actors for the sake of virtue signaling and conforming to some stupid mantra of tolerance.

Whenever critics ever tell the public any movie is "great". It should give you good reason to pause and think about wasting two hours of a social justice brainwashing skit with brain dead actors.

Only good movies I watch are the ones critics hate because the movie value really is good.

So in a final summary. I'm not watching that garbage, Eff that movie. Eff hollywood, nothing but scumbags.
edit on 30-1-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Politics definitely ruined the last star wars movie.
They even added a pointless side story to slap capitalism and release penned animals.
The force is female....
They had shirts printed with that one.

Hopefully black panther will just be a good story.
But I usually head into movies with low expectations.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
you are totally right that there is little reason to trust critics, Star wars the last jedi just being a recent example of the bias.
All the marvel movies so far have been entertaining, but in a popcorn sort of way, critics have been treating these movies like they are the best cinema has to offer.

And yes, political and social climate DO influence a review of a film, be it out of just social conditioning or the need to say the "right things" to be kept in the loop.

right now, just like the average wonder woman was praised to the heavens for really no other reason than a "female protagonist" this movie will also receive the same treatment because "black protagonist"

Personally i hope the movie will be good just because it's in nobody's interest for a movie to be bad, it just makes the industry weaker as a whole and reduces much needed risk taking.
But i'd rather listen to what the average joe has to say about movies than someone wearing a "critic" badge.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

breathe in, breathe out....

wow

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

There is zero chance that a critic gives a bad review to a movie with a black lead and mostly black cast a bad review in the current political climate. Only the villains and buffoons are white of course.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I do agree that it would be problematic for critics to give the movie a bad review. They could say it's a solid movie or some such thing that would not get the wrath brought down on them.
But they are saying things like outstanding on this one.

I will see it for myself before drawing an opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

We have not been “fooled before” by a MCU movie though..

They have to screw one up eventually, but this far they keep setting them up and knocking them down..

I doubted them on antman and and guardians, and though any man wasn’t omg stellar . It was still a very good movie..

I will be seeing every marvel movie till they finally start screwing them up lol!!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I wasn't a big fan of ant man or guardians 2 but you're right, no stinkers yet.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Klaw was always a Black Panther Villain.

Who cares about if the villain is white or not.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

They have to eventually screw one up royally sooner or later.. it will be interesting to see how long they go before they finally do..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Well black panther is getting loads of hype.
Time will tell if it is deserved.
The trailers look great but we have been fooled before.
I don't trust the early reviews anymore especially after starwars.
Critics are using words like "iconic"
Hmmmm.

This is definitely on my watch list at this point.

www.usatoday.com... 68001/

Who else has this one on their radar?

Hell ya it's on my list! I'm a very simple reviewer. I don't really care about story lines as long as it entertains me then I will give it up thumbs up. My boys and I are stoked about Black Panther, Pacific Rim and the new Avengers movie. Pacific Rim might be the one we are most excited about.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Yeah, I liked Pacific rim.
Big robot's fighting big monsters. Can't go wrong there.

But I do think it would have been a better story if they told it around the Asian girl instead of to two brothers.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

There is zero chance that a critic gives a bad review to a movie with a black lead and mostly black cast a bad review in the current political climate. Only the villains and buffoons are white of course.

Lol.

Because Black Panther, set in Africa, shouldn't have black folks.

The villain is black, by the way.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My litmus test is someone I know who is not a comic fan nor that much into sci-fi. They love Marvel movies, so I figured we would watch Batman vs Superman and they said what the hell just happened? So we watch Guardians Vol. 2 LOVED! next up Wonder Woman YAY! That was pretty good...previews to Justice League nah I will pass all the previews for this year of Marvel they are like HELL YEAH!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It should be a great popcorn movie and Marvel will probably follow the same formula, the trailers have been good so far. Marvel has had a great run, lets hope that they don't get to predictable before the next big Avengers team up!!
edit on 30-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's stars a black man, with a predominately black cast, how many newspapers will give that a bad review? Because a bad review would be soooo racist, no matter what the reviewer really though. You know some will even say, not going to see the movie, will be racist too.

When you see color of people skin over the content of their work, you end up with #fakenews

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have always been a comic book nerd. I will watch it and enjoy it for the that part alone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join