It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustrated Member...............................

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Fellow ATSers...............

Before I start I just want to say that I am not having a go at anybody here

I have tried 4 times now to submit news and everytime I submit I have been told to go back and change it. When I reply and ask what I need to change I am given the link to the guidelines for submitting news.

The guidelines are great but using them is like making a model with only text instructions. I tried again today to submit news and was told to go back and correct it. This time I could not reply to the U2U so I looked at other submissions and they looked no differant to mine.

So now I do not know what to do, its a pity that the guidelines do not have a copy of a correct submission so you can look at it and go ahaaaaa........thats what I am doing wrong.

In my job I am able to get breaking and good news items that I want to share with this community, but have this problem with submissions.

Maybe I am looking to hard and cannot see what is right in front of me or maybe I am just thick !!

Any feed back from you guys - good or bad - would be great.

In advance many thanks.

See you all in 13 hours............gotta go to work.

Andy.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I would ask the person who sended you the u2u, what definitely the problem in your text is. And maybe add your personal problems about this, described above..

It´s easy to send a saved u2u without explanation.

Although it would be too vigorous for the editors or moderators or whatever to send any "against-the-guidelines-submitter" a user-defined u2u!

Best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Why dont you post some of the the articles here and we'll try and see if theres anything wrong with them.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks Croat56

Here is one submission..............

(submission) (news) SAS Golden Handcuff

The SAS may be forced to offer its soldiers an £80,000 bonus to stop them leaving the services for better money for working for private security firms. Two years of violence in Iraq has sent demand for ex-military personnel soaring sky high.The money being offered is the same offer the Pentagon made to its own special forces.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original news source:

www.sky.com
Serious concerns have been raised over the numbers of SAS troops quitting to take up highly-paid private security jobs in Iraq.

A letter from headquarters pleaded for loyalty from the 300 frontline soldiers in the face of £14,000-a-month posts in the private sector.

Insiders estimate around 120 former SAS personnel have left the regiment to take up security jobs in Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is sad to think that our ( UK ) best trained soldiers from the best unit are leaving because the money is better elsewhere.

If the government spends millions training these soildiers them asks them to go into situations that may cost them there lives should they not be the best paid in the Army ?

I think they are more than worth it and should be better paid.

The link might not work but I think I have followed all the guidelines for submission.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks dacruz.............

I did send a U2U asking what was wrong but all I got back was a link to the guidelines for submitting news

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
Thanks dacruz.............

I did send a U2U asking what was wrong but all I got back was a link to the guidelines for submitting news

I am sorry for you..thats the easy method, just send the guidelines..

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Or u2u the ATSNN Editor.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
hey, check this thread from banshee!!

ATSNN Tutorial: How to get your stories approved

best wishes

dc

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:47 PM