It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann fired after attempt to bring back Reality Check

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

There are only two possibilities, here:
    1. The whole P-gate (the pizza one, not the Trump one) issue has some truth behind it and there was a concerted effort to protect those involved by the MSM and others putting together a large deflection and mocker campaign in order to trivialize the truth to the point that people quite looking into it (which we all know happens...a LOT...in these circles), or

2. There are just a statistically abnormal amount of coincidences that just happen to surround this issue, but everyone is innocent of all of the allegations.

I can't place my money on the second one, because I appreciate statistics and probabilities, and all of this stuff being just a coincidence would be statistically improbable.

But it is what it is--the story was mocked and trivialized in the MSM, and even here on ATS, to the point of it petering out into the realm of 'crazy theories,' so there's no point in bringing it up anymore, especially to cherry-pick one tiny issue that Swann has reported on in order to make him seem to have no credibility. That's a logical fallacy of one of the worst (but most commonly used) kind to use as a validation to your claim.

You should take the time to look at his total body of work, not just one report with which you disagree. Whether he's right 100% of the time or not, we should embrace his type of investigative journalism, because instead of his viewers being spoon-fed sanctioned talking points, he raises questions and concerns that you, the viewer, can then research and about which you can come to your own conclusions.

One thing about all journalists--you should never rely on them to do the critical thinking for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
He did good on the Syria issue but got too wound up in other silly conspiracies

People have to remain vigilant and not lump all conspiracies together and end up like Alex Jones

Don't take sides and look at each issue on its own merit

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You might be right but when an issue like that is about one has to distinguish there own ideas from nuts like Alex Jones

And when those issues get too tainted by freaks like Jones its best left alone

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree about distancing one's self from Alex Jones, but if there is enough "coincidental" evidence to give credence to a possibility, it's inappropriate to ignore it just because of one of its loudest (and most obnoxious) mouthpieces, even if the resulting conclusion is that the issue was wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
He did good on the Syria issue but got too wound up in other silly conspiracies

People have to remain vigilant and not lump all conspiracies together and end up like Alex Jones

Don't take sides and look at each issue on its own merit

Agreed, but ONLY with your last point...

Issue # 1: a large number of conspiracy theories have turned out to actually be true...

The label "conspiracy theory" is commonly used to try to discredit criticism of the powerful in government or business. Of course, the American government has been busted in the last couple of years in numerous conspiracies.

Why government shills & intellectual cowards LOVE the term "conspiracy theory"

Issue # 2: everything is connected, connecting the dots is NOT rocket science...

"In fact, I point out that all the conspiracies in history - especially during the last 5000 years - are actually different aspects of the same conspiracy. Some people fixed on one aspect of the conspiracy, and say this is the problem, others say another thing, but the thing is all the conspirators work together. All the conspirators are part of the same operation. And this is what people find very reluctant." ~ Eustace Mullins

Ole Dammegård is an author, inventor, former journalist and investigator, who has dedicated the last 30 years of his life to researching many of the global conspiracies. Ole Dammegård has discovered strong links between them all and has come to the conclusion that the same people were involved in both the JFK and Olof Palme murders, as well as many of the other major “events”. The same Global Elite seem to have used the same skilled mechanics for decades to do their dirty jobs.

Ole Dammegård – how they are all connected - YouTube

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree with the above but unfortunately in our world one has to chose and sometime reject some conspiracies or you will be kicked out of the mainstream just as he probably is right now.

As it stands now he will have to make do with an out of the MSM presentation

He still wanted the security of that MSM paycheck

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Surely lost his bright light that may have kept him noticed.

Hopefully he sticks around and remains relevant as to not 'drop off the Earth.'

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
**UPDATE**

Looks like Swann as funded and is bringing Reality Check back.

truthinmedia.com...

(Mods, any way to slip this into the OP?)

edit on Tue Jan 30 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: sure

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Bad move for CBS seemingly one of the only MSM left sharing certain events ignored by other MSM. So much for that.

I'm assuming he'll be continuing to partner with this site?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: JinMI

I think he'll be better off going independent.

I know I wouldn't want to be associated with any of the "news" channels in this country.

I agree with you 100%. The only problem is, that the Liberals run the mainstream news, which bombards everyone with the negatives, and unfortunately, they are the ones that people watch the most in their own homes. Trying to get someone to take what Swann says seriously, will be tough, because they will just say "Well, he's not affiliated with any real news circuit and shouldn't be trusted because he was fired from his news circuit". I know this will happen, because I already had a forum discussion once, where someone said that when I was talking about John Coleman and climate change. He was fired from a News station as well, and that was the first thing they pointed out. That he was not credible, because he was fired from a News Station.

Sure we will listen to him, but it's kind of like preaching to the choir.
edit on 30-1-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: elementalgrove

Anybody who believes that Clinton&friends were running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor's basement, (one by the way, that doesn't even have a basement), and devises an imaginary "code" from a person's emails, is way too gullible and engages in fantasies to the point of absurdity, doesn't fit my definition of credible, and "critical thinker".

Yeah no doubt these are the same crazy gullible people that believe a sitting married president would use an intern as a cigar holder in the oval office.

Or would believe that such a wonderful woman as hillary would be high 5ing after sucesfully dismissing a child molesters case.

Or would believe that bill Clinton was a VIP member of the Lolita express ran by his prosecuted billionaire child molester friend Jeffrey Epstein .

I don't know Ben Swann, but will look him up.

Someone in Trump's camp talked to a russian.

That beats that stuff all to hell.

edit on 1 30 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok, I found a YT.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: burgerbuddy

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
He should just do his own YouTube show, I'm sure he'd be able to raise enough for it or make a a profit from adverts.

If YouTube allows him. With all this demonitization going on..... One really has to wonder whether YouTube should remain the channel par excellence....
edit on 1-2-2018 by Yvhmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: elementalgrove

Anybody who believes that Clinton&friends were running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor's basement, (one by the way, that doesn't even have a basement), and devises an imaginary "code" from a person's emails, is way too gullible and engages in fantasies to the point of absurdity, doesn't fit my definition of credible, and "critical thinker".

Sorry! You asked!

Oh my God, Benn Swann believes that? And he devised codes? From emails?

I was under the assumption that he was just asking questions. I had No idea that this was a "case closed" type of thing with Benn Swann.

I always thought internet sleuths devised the "codes", and that Swann was just presenting the info. I had no idea he was the Mastermind behind the whole thing!

Wow I might have to consider pulling my support if that is true...

I mean, you'll have to send me links or show me evidence showing where "Ben Swann said,that the Clintons and their friends, 100% true, run a child sex ring from a pizza parlor basement which doesn't exist, and he also devised codes from emails"...

But, in the meantime, I'll just make sure and post this information on all my social media accounts and all the forums i am a member of, linking back here and giving you full credit for warning us about the Unhinged Ben Swann.

I would hate for someone to donate to keep his show going without them knowing the full story about Ben Swann... I'm assuming you must know him personally or have some kind of 3rd party connection, or just a lucky sob or a hardworking investigator...

otherwise how would you have obtained proof for these statements which could otherwise put you behind bars for defamation? I know you wouldnt be that foolish to make such a bold claim without proof... you're not like Ben Swann after all! You dont do that sort of thing. You're better.

In fact, I'm gonna forward this directly to Swann, as an example for him to learn from, cause unlike you, he goes around making baseless claims with no evidence! Boy I can't Wait to see the look on his face when you present your evidence that, not only has he stated that pizzagate is 100% true, but He was behind the pizzagate email codes, and thus half or more of the entire conspiracys foundations, making him essentially the Mastermind behind Pizzagate!

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link