It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann fired after attempt to bring back Reality Check

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Given the nature of the show and the method used for obtaining funding, Swann has been terminated from his position.

Swann recently began raising funds to bring back his Reality Check stories using cyber currency Dash. He posted a video Thursday night teasing a big announcement on Tuesday, January 30. When CBS46 found out about the video Friday morning, management suspended him.

Using cryptocurrency. Interesting, no?

The article doesn't say why this is a bad move. Especially one worthy of losing a job.

CBS46 has fired Ben Swann, the evening anchor three days after the station discovered he had tried to revive his Reality Check news reports without their knowledge.

His Reality Check reports over the years have often veered into alt-right conspiracy theories. His last one focused on PizzaGate, which aired on CBS46 a year ago, led to his first suspension and removal of his Truth in Media website and most of his social media platforms.

radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com...

**UPDATE**

Looks like Swann as funded and is bringing Reality Check back.

truthinmedia.com...
edit on Tue Jan 30 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit to add update.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I think he'll be better off going independent.

I know I wouldn't want to be associated with any of the "news" channels in this country.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

If the NWO cabal comes to shut you down, it's probably because you've done something right.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He should just do his own YouTube show, I'm sure he'd be able to raise enough for it or make a a profit from adverts.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Indeed.

I wonder if his reputation will take a hit. I can't see the justification over using cryptocurrency as a reason, or even last straw, for termination.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The power or crypto is bringing this guys show back.

Go figure.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
He should just do his own YouTube show, I'm sure he'd be able to raise enough for it or make a a profit from adverts.

He actually addressed that recently saying that he's gotten many lucrative offers from websites to carry his series.

I think he may have wanted to stay somewhat in the mainstream though to prove a point.
edit on 30-1-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ben Swann a true M F'n Patriot right there.

He is one of the very very few trust worthy journalist. He would not just give you his opinion he actually investigated and asked the right questions.

Heck he was Q before Q , with his format style.

He needs to go independent and expose the inner workings of the media.
edit on 29131America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jan 2018 08:29:30 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I think he'll be better off going independent.

I know I wouldn't want to be associated with any of the "news" channels in this country.

He would be far better off going independent!

Our Ministry of Truth full of lies known as the MSM is blatantly controlled by the elite that have no interest in anything other than their sick demented version of supremacy.

Ben Swann would kill it in the alternative media world!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Yeah, he could be the next Alex Jones, just better looking and not quite as stupid and hysterical. You know, just trying to make a buck.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yeah, he could be the next Alex Jones, just better looking and not quite as stupid and hysterical. You know, just trying to make a buck.

Interesting that you choose to compare Ben Swann to Alex Jones, may I ask why?

We all know that Alex Jones is a showman, basically an actor who in my opinion has historically been used to make conspiracy theorists look like nut jobs.

However Swann to me is a damn good investigative journalist, well researched and presents his work in a way that makes people seriously consider whichever topic he is covering.

That even goes for the infamous P-gate, which anyone who saw Swann's coverage of definitely gave it a second look, because in reality it has never been "debunked" simply ignored and written off by the MSM with the new found use of the term Fake News.

Which oh so hilariously has come back to bite them in the ass!!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Anybody who believes that Clinton&friends were running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor's basement, (one by the way, that doesn't even have a basement), and devises an imaginary "code" from a person's emails, is way too gullible and engages in fantasies to the point of absurdity, doesn't fit my definition of credible, and "critical thinker".

Sorry! You asked!

edit on 1/30/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Anybody who believes that Clinton&friends were running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor's basement, (one by the way, that doesn't even have a basement), and devises an imaginary "code" from a person's emails, is way too gullible and engages in fantasies to the point of absurdity, doesn't fit my definition of credible, and "critical thinker".

Yeah no doubt these are the same crazy gullible people that believe a sitting married president would use an intern as a cigar holder in the oval office.

Or would believe that such a wonderful woman as hillary would be high 5ing after sucesfully dismissing a child molesters case.

Or would believe that bill Clinton was a VIP member of the Lolita express ran by his prosecuted billionaire child molester friend Jeffrey Epstein .

edit on 31131America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jan 2018 09:31:32 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Sorry! You asked!
That is not what pgate was about. That was the cover-up, conflated story that they used to make pgate look silly. P gate was always about Podesta’s emails.

Level -up
edit on 30-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
You tube bans or demonetizes stories like his.

Anyways, I don’t think he creates enough content to support an entire channel. He takes his time when researching his stories.
edit on 30-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This guy better settle down or hes liable to come down with a bad case of suicide.

Some people really hate being exposed as child traffickers for some reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sorry! You asked!

Who said Clinton was the ring leader of P-Gate?? No wonder your have a skewed view...Who knows where you're getting your info from. Clinton was just thrown in the wash to muddy the waters. However knowing what we know now about Hillary and her defense of sexual predators it wouldn't surprise me a bit if she knows a few key players and there dirty deeds...

All I'm saying is Hillary obviously isn't the type of woman who goes out of her way to protect victims of sexual assault and surely isn't going out of her way to out the predators. Truly sick woman.

Thank the heavens she lost the election.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sorry! You asked!

No worries and thank you for giving me your response!

I like that you chose to go with one of the MSM's propaganda points to hide the reality that there actually is a basement there, by Alefantis's own admission.

Link to the article where Alefantis is interviewed.

ALEFANTIS: Well, we make everything from scratch. Other restaurants, even good restaurants, will, like, not roast their own peppers. You can just buy the roasted peppers in a can. Or you can buy garlic oil. Some products you can get, and they’re consistent and they’re easy. But I didn’t even know that existed actually until they said that. I was like, “What do you mean? There’s another way? You can just buy these things?” Because a lot of restaurants will open a can and put it on. Like our sauce — we harvest a whole crop of organic tomatoes — 10 tons of tomatoes every year. Can them all, store them in the basement, have like a harvest party when it gets loaded in.

Now why on Earth would they lie about such a thing and why would someone like you simply take them at their word?

I imagine that under your definition of critically thinking you would like to go over the information not covered by the MSM so I shall link you to VOAT where the investigation continued after it was suppressed across virtually all platforms. The link takes you directly to the evidence of the basement, but there is so much more.

I highly recommend sifting through the links that have been made on this website under the Pizzagate heading, naturally as a critical thinker you will!

I am glad that I asked!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is disappointing, for sure, but I wonder if he has some sort of clause in his contract that he cannot take the "Reality Check" name and use it outside of the station.

I know that when he was here in Cincinnati at Fox19 (where I first was introduced to him), he also used the "Reality Check" name, and they attempted to carry it on after he left, with no success at all--Swann is a unique journalist, and no one could fill the shoes.

Since he was doing the segment in Atlanta on their station, I would assume that they "own" the rights to him doing that segment--if he was venturing secretly away from the station (which seemingly stopped letting him do the segment?) to do it independently, that could be a contract issue.

Sure sounds to me, though, that the station was looking for an excuse to distance itself from Swann, and honestly, for good reason (since they are supposed to be an MSM talking-points mouthpiece). I was really surprised that he was able to do the segment so openly while here in Cincinnati, but I was very glad that he did.

We'll see where this takes him, but it sounds like he's "selling out" to Dash, because it notes (if you follow the links in the OP's link) that both the "Reality Check" segment and his "Truth in Media" website will be funded by Dash, and he will also be making appearance on Dash's behalf at conferences.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join