It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Zoloft Killer Convicted of Murdering Grandparents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I watched the story last night on Larry King and it took 3 yrs for this to come to trial. The boy is now 15 and I was watching some of the court room testimony and that kid looked so lost. While I completely agree with holding people accountable for their actions I personally would hold the manufacturers and doctors accountable in this case.
It is fully known that children and adolecents brains are not fully developed and here we are over prescribing meds to our kids and the question remains - has this been fully tested on our children?
This boys life has been ruined by drugs and now by the consequences thereof.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i watched the whole trial. the kid was illeaglly given a prescrition not meant for children. he had never had a violent outburst in his life. he was a great student with no behavioral problems. they gave him the drug and that week he had a violent outburst. the next week the dose was doubled. the next week his granparents were dead.

it is PROVEN that zoloft casues MANIA in .5% (i out of 200) adults. it does not always cause homicidal mania, but still. that information comes from the manufactutrer itself.

i think the kid should take the goldman route and sue phiser in a civil case, so when he gets out hell be rich. after all no one is gonna hire him.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by jprophet420]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
All I can say to this is what a completely sad situation.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
What scares me - and I have a lot of personal experience - is that Zoloft isn't even the worst. (Effexor
)

It's possible, of course, for two things to be true: the kid is guilty, and anti-depressants (especially for kids) are very dangerous and hugely over-prescribed. These concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

IMO - of course the kid is guilty. But of what? Getting drugged up at the age of 12? Or of being "genetically flawed" and a write-off as a human being? This is Eugenics, pre-packaged.

...the pharmaceutical companies have a LOT to account for, and we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join