It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's consider that they are all lying to Tom Delonge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok, the idea for this thread started from a comment I made on a youtube video that suggests Tom Delonge is being lied to with the intent of diverting people from real projects the government is working on.

Here's the video and the comment I made below:

Honestly I really want to believe Tom.
Ultimately though I don't know #.
Those are reflections of mine based on the years I've spent lurking forums like this one and reading articles about everything mysterious I could get my hands on.

I think I might get more interesting responses from the people on this forum so, here's my comment.

Let's consider that they are all lying to Tom. Does that mean the incredible amount of reported unidentified flying objects over the thousands of years we have records for are fake? I don't think so. Because if we do accept that it was all built by humans on earth, it would mean the authorities of the world have access to incredible technology and that they only use it to put on some light shows in the sky. We now have videos, photos and accounts that suggest technologies far most advanced than what is known from the general public exists. Technologies that would seemingly allow us to travel in ways that seem to defy logic. Government made or extra-terrestrial made, something we are in the dark about is happening. Are they keeping it a secret to control us? Most certainly. I mean, a biological work force seems to me like a much more viable option than trying to engineer robots when nature has already done all the work. But the fact is, they are hiding some pretty intense stuff from us whichever side you are on. If we indeed have developed this technology by ourselves, why aren't we the ones exploring other planets? And if that is the case, what would have prevented other civilizations on distant planets to have done the same to come visit us. We already publicly know that most stars have planets now. Think about it with an open mind, that means try to see both sides as possible, just as a thought experiment. In my mind one makes a lot more sense than the other.

I'd really appreciate anyone's input on this. Please use logical arguments. If you just want to attacks ideas with no substance I will ignore you.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: paper183

Yeah, but what projects is the Gov't trying to distract us from? At this point, thanks to the net, COINTELPRO, the bottomless pit of conspiracies, politics, and plain old crazy people, we are as distracted as ever. On top of that, any project the Gov't doesn't want us to know about it will be classified and we won't know about them.

Is Tom a useful idiot? Could be, time will tell.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I've noticed the US wants you to believe in UFOs, when something new an secret is starting to be flown around, and seen. This seems to go all the way back to the U2, then the SR71 the 117...etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I just wrote the following working theory on my OP of last night's Coast to Coast Puthoff/Davis interview.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have taken a wait and see approach. i have been pleasantly surprised to this point though.

I was highly skeptical before TTS was revealed and it was only Delonge spouting. He was saying some crazy s&%$ before the TTS reveal.

There has been a lot speculation that this is a intelligence Op. At this point I find that hard to believe because all the players have revealed themselves and are out in the wide open. If TTS goes sideways for any reason all these guys have their names attached to it. They will all be scrutinized and vilified for years if this isn't what they are saying it is. Potential lawsuits of investors.

Bigelow is still lurking in the shadows and it is quite possible he has people as influential or more than he lurking behind him keeping a close eye but not wanting their name associAted.

My current working theory is that the Aatip and TTS are because of Bigelow. He has been trying to privatize UFO reporting for a long time. He was able to influence the FAA, I believe he influenced Senator Reid quid pro quo for the AATIP , Skywalker Ranch, Mufon STAR first responder team's along with other smaller Ufo reporting team's to try to control any important information, materials, data, etc he and his team's may gleen from their UFO investigations.

The DoD has always had a interest in UFO and has always been first on the scene to cherry pick any data, materials, etc. I think Bigelow wants a place at the table. It may just be scraps that fall from the proverbial DoD table but Bigelow has a knack for being at the right place at the right time. Just like the NASA inflatable modules that he purchased the patent/copyright for

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, but what projects is the Gov't trying to distract us from? At this point, thanks to the net, COINTELPRO, the bottomless pit of conspiracies, politics, and plain old crazy people, we are as distracted as ever. On top of that, any project the Gov't doesn't want us to know about it will be classified and we won't know about them.

Is Tom a useful idiot? Could be, time will tell.

Well, the argument in the video is that what we are seeing in the sky comes from government agencies but they would rather have us believe that it's from aliens so we can't uncover what they are developing. I'm pretty sure they use similar tactics all the time to divert our attention. I think it's been proven they use disinformation agents. But in the case of UFOs it doesn't make sense to me. Time will tell us about Tom indeed, but will it be the whole truth, I don't know. Tom's statements are to make us believe that they want to tell the public about UFO's being extra-terrestrial but they don't know exactly how to do it since it will affect basically everything, which today is held up by the economy mostly.

originally posted by: Stephen001

I've noticed the US wants you to believe in UFOs, when something new an secret is starting to be flown around, and seen. This seems to go all the way back to the U2, then the SR71 the 117...etc.

I'm far from a physics expert, but the astounding amount of "officially unexplained" stuff going on in the sky makes me believe that the technologies involved are way way beyond mainstream science. Do any of those aircraft you mentioned emit ultra bright light that seems to go on and off and move in unprecedented manners? Why would they when the goal of new fighter craft development is usually stealthiness. The explanations that the lights we see in the sky is a byproduct of the energy of those "crafts" exciting gasses in the atmosphere seems pretty logical to me but that would mean the technology those things are using is far beyond our comprehension.

I know I am making assumptions here. But from my point of view, what thousands of people have reported seeing, including myself, is not in the realm of natural phenomenons.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paper183
Ok, the idea for this thread started from a comment I made on a youtube video that suggests Tom Delonge is being lied to with the intent of diverting people from real projects the government is working on.
snip
I'd really appreciate anyone's input on this. Please use logical arguments. If you just want to attacks ideas with no substance I will ignore you.

A logical argument:
You are going out of your way with this fixation with DeLonge. He was a musician who with his group developed a popular following. He may be able to talk his head off about music, musicians, equipment. But about UFOs, zilch, nothing, nada. He somehow got connected to UFOs but when you listen to him speak and you know about UFOs, he is a tyro. He has no knowledge about UFOlogy and he is really embarrassing to listen to. He has aligned himself with people that may be connected to UFOlogy but they also are drawing a blank because none of the personalities involved know anymore about UFOs than any member of this forum. They bring nothing new to the table, only old history.

No one is lying to DeLonge, he is in no position to be considered one that has to be revealed anything to. For some reason, UFOs are still considered by some uneducated folk to be fake, myth, etc. DeLonge is not going to achieve anything new that has not been attempted by anyone. After the smoke and the mirrors clear up, someone will look for someone to look up to that will be considered the new UFO messiah. DeLonge is not him.

I don't care for his music either.

edit on 1/29/2018 by Lathroper because: To correct my grammar

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

I have not listened to it yet but your post has me very interested. I'll come back to you when I've done my homework.
And I was very skeptical too when Tom started saying all that stuff. I was actually sad because I thought he was going the publicity stunt way. Blink 182 was my high school favorite band and I'm a very emotional person. But so far with the latest developements of TTS, that I have caught up on only recently, I am speechlees and definitely need to do more research.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well, if so then that’s an old tactic used by the govt to cover up secret aircraft, see: U2 Bomber. I guess go with what works?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stephen001

Bull! The US doesn't give a flying... if you believe in UFOs or not. Secretive aircraft may be considered UFOs by some but those are people would call anything in the sky, especially high flyers, UFOs. The average person doesn't spend time familiarizing themselves with aircraft and possibly don't know anything about UFOs. I've never looked up and saw something I couldn't identify except, of course, my UFO sightings which were definitely not human aircraft.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It could be the case.

Bill Cooper changed his stance on UFO's and believed he was purposefully mislead.

It's the only thing that explains both the coverups and the lack of evidence.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lathroper

I will be the first to admit that I really like him for his music and that I probably am biased. Actually no, I totally am biased, I don't believe anyone can be unbiased but that's another topic.

When he first started to talk about all the UFO stuff, I was actually thinking "Oh no... not him. Why?".
When I listen to him talk about UFOlogy he seems to talk about stuff I already know. So honestly to me, that's a red flag because if he wants to be considered an authority on the subject he should bring new tangible material to the table, which to some degree he has done with the declassified video TTS put out.
I agree there is probably a lot of people who "know" a lot more about UFOs than I do and maybe a lot more than he does but I can't comment on that because I don't know what he knows or not. And notice the quotes around the word "know" because we all have access to the same information and it's up to us to decide what we believe or not. Not all of the information out there about UFOs is true whether anyone's read it all or not.

Honestly I don't believe he will bring anything new. I don't believe he will bring us closer to the mythical "disclosure".
But as I said I didn't believe him at all at first and we have since got proof he is in contact with high ranked government officials. What that really means, I don't know. Probably not much.

But what he's put out and the way he explains why he was "chosen" to be the one to bring "new info" to us makes a lot of sense to me in the world we live in today. The only thing I'm saying is that he's got me thinking, a lot. That's why I want to debate it on here.

Also thank you all for sharing your opinion, it is very valuable to me.
edit on 29-1-2018 by paper183 because: small change in syntax

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just can't yet convince myself to give TDL the benefit of a doubt. And yes, I guess you could say that "I Want to Believe". I ain't ever had an abduction experience, at least that I can recall, and to my knowledge I've never seen an ET, and I've never seen anything in the sky that struck me as being unusual or extraordinary enough that I couldn't explain, at least to my own satisfaction.

There's just something, and I'm really not exactly sure what, that bugs me about TDL, when I hear him interviewed. I mean something other than his ego. He always starts losing me when he says something like "Oh, yeah, then those guys said yeah, it's was obvious to us that you know what you're talking about, so they started opening up about blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda...."

SSDD my friend...

A lot of us, not necessarily what you would call believers specifically, but very interested and curious, (because Hey, what's not cool about tech like that?) have become pretty jaded over the years, though, too, and It's not like this type of thing or something similar hasn't happened before with other people, who announces that they knew the answers, or supposedly had ACCESS to answers, but as always, just more disappointment. And for the record, I don't think I recall any of those guys announcing that they were planning on actually BUILDING a UAP/UFO.

For example (just from memory so detail could be a bit hinky)
The Roswell book, (Kevin Randle and S. Friedman?)
the MJ12 papers, and research about them, and/or their authenticity
The guys (I forget exactly who was involved) who were doing that documentary back in the late 70s, or early 80s, and had been promised access to all the (supposed?) Holloman landing footage...any of you guys recall the names?
Paul Bennewitz (who was the AFOSI guy that set him up?)
Bill Moore (if the name's right, some link to disclosure?)
William Cooper (big grain of salt)
Steven Greer (disappointment squared)

The Greer thing had some similarities to the TDL deal. I remember when Greer started his whole disclosure thing, with all the witnesses, and the big National Press Club dog and pony show. From what I recall, he had tens, or even hundreds of people, ex-military, military pilots, civilian pilots, and others from all walks of life, willing to testify before Congress, or at the very least, SAID they would testify, some even in spite of their security oath.

Also, I at least SEEM to remember him saying that he had briefed 1 (or maybe 2?) sitting CIA directors, too. Or something along those lines. At the time, it was pretty easy to get pulled in and start believing "Yep. This is it!", so I had high hopes concerning Greer.

Then next thing you know, Greer is inviting folks to join these "retreats" (or should I say PAID retreats), and somehow loses the ability to discern the difference between a picture of an alien, and picture of a moth.

That being said, I actually have HOPES TDL and that his "proclamations" eventually come to fruition, but I'm not holding my breath, though. At least not yet.

Oh, but I DID enjoy his book Sekret Machines, and if, like he said, its a fictional book based on true events and tech, then at least the TECH side of it will be absolutely AWESOME. I haven't read the second book, the one that's supposedly NOT fiction.

So, in MY opinion, TDL doesn't 100% pass muster. But we can hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

those mentioned assets can't but others can.

they aren't natural phenomena, they're man made.

and the science behind them isn't beyond comprehension.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

ah but they are human craft.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'll settle for this crap over another Blink album anyday. Either way I'll call it a win.

Is he another useful idiot for tptb? Yes. He seems to be generating a good amount of money for nothing more than distraction. And of all people, why Tom?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, if so then that’s an old tactic used by the govt to cover up secret aircraft, see: U2 Bomber. I guess go with what works?

For the record, the U-2 was a reconnaissance platform, like the SR-71 (except a LOT slower, like subsonic slow), not a bomber, at least primarily. The fuselage was somewhat modeled after the F-104 Starfighter, but with wings that looked much like they were much more suited to a sailplane. If I'm remembering correctly, the "U" designation was for "Utility"

I'm a long time aviation nut, and I spent an absolutely EMBARRASSING number of hours in the 80s and 90s watching "Wings" on the Discovery Channel, so stuff like this always pops out to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I've thought this from the beginning. Tom DeLonge NEVER made any sense to me other than to be used as a puppet. The guy can barely speak in coherent sentences and he is going to be the front man for an organization with credentialed high level former military and government officials?

No bueno.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

it does indeed stand for Utility.
and correct about it being reconnaissance. i figure he meant B2 bomber

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

ah but they are human craft.

I don't understand how you can be so locked in to your POV. There is no way that I can accept it. I was in the Air Force from '55 to '59. I was introduced to UFOs in 1958 by an Air Force captain. From that moment on I scanned the sky constantly. I educated myself on all known aircraft and those proposed. There was never a moment when humans strayed from conventional aerodynamic shapes and all that changed was the method of propulsion from propellers to jets. From 1958 to 1982 I wondered what people were seeing that were called UFOs and I didn't include the hoaxes. Then I saw a craft like no other and I didn't give human construction a second thought. It hasn't happened and I don't think it will happen in the few years that I have left. You, obviously being much younger than me may be around to see a new world emerge if there is ever any contact with whoever or whatever is responsible for present day UAOs. Until then, they ain't ours.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

I've thought this from the beginning. Tom DeLonge NEVER made any sense to me other than to be used as a puppet. The guy can barely speak in coherent sentences and he is going to be the front man for an organization with credentialed high level former military and government officials?

No bueno.

Glad to see that I'm not alone in this opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join