It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing is at it again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Woody510

Lockheed never says anything like that. Even if it is, we won't find out unless the Pentagon says so.

Well that's no fun is it.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Don't you think the demonstrator may be seen in Palmdale in 2017 summer could be a Boeing one and not a Lockheed ?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Two hypersonic stories in one day!! Is something moving to a greyer area perhaps?? (crosses fingers and hopes it's a manned aircraft)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

No, they're just hyping things since materials have caught up finally.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Kurokage

No, they're just hyping things since materials have caught up finally.

I guest that this was more to do with missile and unmanned tech but a man can dream and hope........

edit on 30-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Who payed you off to play down Lockheeds demonstrators anyway?

I wouldnt even rule out Boeing being much further along too. There is not just strategic recon as a mission requirement.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Everything I've seen and heard, even on the quiet is that the TBCCs are still giving them fits. I wouldn't be surprised to find out later that if that was the Lockheed demonstrator, it was conventional powered to do aerodynamic testing, until the engines catch up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boeing is farther along either. There is a lot to do before they can start going fast and it only makes sense to fly conventional engines until your go fast engines can be made to work. I haven't heard any whispers though, so they might only be at the building stage.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

thank you very much for the explaination.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I always liked the Concorde.
I always will.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Have they built SABRES new Lab yet?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Its like a game of Poker isnt it...Must be the trend again.
Found my answer from before..

Reaction Engines are delighted to confirm their continued investment in manufacturing capabilities across the group and announce that from the 1st January 2018, Brite Precision and Crossman Engineering will be consolidating to form one manufacturing entity under the name Reaction Engines Manufacturing Solutions Division.

Reaction Engine News
edit on 2-2-2018 by Blackfinger because: added

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Does anyone else see the similarity in this aircraft overall shape to the supposed f/a-18 mystery in the boneyard?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

That really was an F-18 in the Boneyard. They aren't going to store something like this out in the open like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Oh I know it was, there is no doubting the tail. There is no doubt in my mind though that the front of that particular 18 was altered. I'm just saying it could have been modified to demonstrate some basic concepts. Just occurred to me that that 18 sitting there in the dessert looked somewhat similar in shape to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

It was. They were attempting to make a reduced RCS, possibly unmanned F-18. They were hoping to get an LO version if they could. They made a few changes to the fleet based on what they learned from that.

It's also most likely a partial airframe. I think Shadowhawk is right, and it's a partial model to test the aft fuselage RCS.
edit on 2/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join