It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Sting Nabs NAMBLA Teachers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here I found the law.

''Under the PROTECT Act of April 2003, it is a crime, prosecutable in the United States, for a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien, to engage in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18, whether or not the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien intended to engage in such illicit sexual conduct prior to going abroad. For purposes of the PROTECT Act, illicit sexual conduct includes any commercial sex act in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18. The law defines a commercial sex act as any sex act, on account of which anything of value is given to or received by a person under the age of 18.''

So i guess its in any country, but it seems your breaking a US law even abroad and not that of the country your doing it in.

travel.state.gov...

[edit on 15-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thank you for supplying that info Shadow.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It lets me know exactly where they are and gives me a clean shot.

The only cure for pedophelia is a bullet.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Thank you for supplying that info Shadow.

No problem I had no clue that had a law like that until looking into the laws of Bhutan. Its a interesting country but I cant say I agree with all their laws.

It must be hard to enforce this act though, I imagine it would require the help of whatever country it happened in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join