It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel committee votes on party lines to release the memo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Nunes is a biased lap dog. I do not think his little memo is any more than an attempt to throw a monkey wrench into the investigation. I do not think that the FISA court allows for abuses since to extend a warrant the applicant needs to prove that the original has been successful and born fruit. If it had not they never would have approved the extension.
I'm assured by professionals from both parties that no laws were broken. I am worried that some people are going to be misled by this.
edit on 1292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: luthier

Gowdy wanted to allow the FBI to approve it. He wanted it released but he wanted the FBI to see it and decide if it was ok we written.

Look it still has to be approved by the president.

Multiple sources report Wray was allowed to see the memo yesterday and was asked for any factual errors or reasons to not release it. Perhaps Justice will see it, too. I hope they both get a chance to make their case for redactions.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

The Democrats weren't the ones pretending that releasing partisan hitjob memos based on highly classified source material — that none of us will ever get to see — was "transparency" or in the public interest.

That was the Republicans. They used the pretense of transparency and serving the public interest to argue for releasing the Nunes memo. That bull# went right out the window when it came to letting out anything they don't want us to see.

No the democrats were the ones that paid a firm to pay a foreign agent to get partisan opposition research on trump from Kremlin sources, then have the info be used not only by the FBI but the media to smear trump, and then lied about it for a year while bloviating about that info like it wasnt partisan info.

Again, the republicans voted today to allow all of congress to see the dem memo, which was the exact same first step with the republican memo.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Nunes is a biased lap dog. I do not think his little memo is any more than an attempt to throw a monkey wrench into the investigation. I do not think that the FISA court allows for abuses since to extend a warrant the applicant needs to prove that the original has been successful and born fruit. If it had not they never would have approved the extension.
I'm assured by professionals from both parties that no laws were broken. I am worried that some people are going to be misled by this.

You don't get it do you?

The FISA court has been abused and it seems to be by the previous President.

Oh dear. Perhaps he can be locked up as well.

P

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I do not think Thatcher FISA court a!loss for abuses since to extend a warrant the app can't needs to

Allegations of bias

[edit] In a July 2013 interview, Senator and privacy advocate Ron Wyden described the FISC warrant process as "the most one-sided legal process in the United States".

"I don't know of any other legal system or court that really doesn't highlight anything except one point of view", he said.

Later in the interview he said Congress should seek to "diversify some of the thinking on the court".[26]

Elizabeth Gotein, a co-director of the Liberty and National Security Program of the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law, has criticized the court as being too compromised to be an impartial tribunal that oversees the work of the NSA and other U.S. intelligence activities. Since the court meets in secret, hears only the arguments of the government prior to deciding a case, and its rulings cannot be appealed or even reviewed by the public, she has argued that: "Like any other group that meets in secret behind closed doors with only one constituency appearing before them, they're subject to capture and bias." [27]

A related bias of the court results from what critics such as Julian Sanchez, a scholar at the Cato Institute, have described as the near certainty of the polarization or groupthink of the judges of the court. Since all of the judges are appointed by the same person (the Chief Justice of the United States), as of 2013 nearly all currently serving judges are of the same political party (the Republican Party), hear no opposing testimony and feel no pressure from colleagues or the public to moderate their rulings, group polarization is almost a certainty. "There's the real possibility that these judges become more extreme over time, even when they had only a mild bias to begin with", Sanchez said.[27]

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
let us say hypothetically this is not just 'hype', what will public knowledge of it actually do? if it was some earth-changing memo/news wouldn't it be acted upon by now?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Citation needed. I already provided quotes form real lawyers who read the memo and think there was wrongdoing. Your turn. Source please?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why worry about classified stuff when all we have to do is read the released Clinton emails.

They were just sitting out on the net like an open orchid flower.
For all to see!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Pink hats? Destroy our own neighborhoods? Allegations without evidence? Preach to echo chambers?

That's about the gist of what has happened so far in the face of perceived political adversity.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The FISA court was always classified but whatever dude. This is looking very bad for trump.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If by lap dog you mean Pitbull?? Nunes has grabbed onto this and never let go.

When it comes out that the FBI did in fact use known lies to gain a FISA warrant to perform surveillance on trump or any members of his campaign or staff. Will you then admit they were corrupt and wrong?

I doubt you will. Care to prove me wrong?

You

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Gowdy wanted to allow the FBI to approve it. He wanted it released but he wanted the FBI to see it and decide if it was ok we written.

Look it still has to be approved by the president.

^^ (still not understanding the strategy) ^^

Wake it UP !!

#[18][5][12][5][1][19][5] [20][8][5] [13][5][13][15]

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The FISA court was always classified but whatever dude. This is looking very bad for trump.

I thought Trump haters wanted to prove Trumps duplicity.

Be nice if there was actually PROOF.

Instead of memos that cost $1,000,000 each.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

just stop alrdy

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Now you are just being Silly!

P

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And with a no on Schifts poopy note that’s a resounding

Black Monday 3

Corrupt deepstate bad actors 0

Great day to be a Patriot

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So you want to protect/defend Trump by not having the memo released.

I'd say you were grasping at straws, but that'll get you jailed in California.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatTheory

I'm certain I do not know who pencil neck is.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

what does that have to do with the Memo?

So far both left-and-right have been yelling and tossing around hyperbolic nonsense, i just wonder what public knowledge of this memo is going to accomplish, i don't care if it gets released or not

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Mark my words. His speech will start "My fellow Americans, The storm is upon us..."
edit on 29-1-2018 by WhyDidIJoin because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join