It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Media[FOX] Fake NATO Ally Turkey, US Lt Col. Kick Turkey Out of NATO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Apparently Turkey informed the US that they would be conducting operations against one of the Kurdish cities and that we needed to remove our forces from the area.

The US declined and said we were not going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yes I read earlier that the US was not moving it’s forces anywhere, they are standing their ground.
The Russians on the other hand moved out and made way for the Turks.
They’re also operating in the air with Russian supervision.

I’ve heard the US is deploying patriot batteries to Syria.
Perhaps they’ll enforce a no fly zone along the Kurdish north and keep the Turks out? As well as regime jets..

a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Turkey is no pushover. They have the largest military force in the Middle East with the ability to project it. They also control key geostrategic areas and have strong administrative influence in Middle Eastern affairs because they are secular. Even the CIA recognizes Turkey’s importance as an ambassador nation between the ME and the rest of the world.

The USA really screwed up its priorities with amateur hour in their geostrategy department. The attempted coup against the Turkish regime, directed by the CIA of course, was a massive blunder. Turkey leaving NATO will be a significant blow to Western involvement in the ME. Furthermore, if Turkey continues along its path of pivoting towards eastern alliance and supporting autonomous actions by ME partners, then it would be reasonable to expect to observe reversals in western efforts there.

The fact that Turkey is taking steps to combat the Kurds wherever they claim territory is a huge benefit to Turkey’s ME neighbors. The Kurds really gained a lot of territory in Syria as the SAA focused on insurgencies elsewhere, and so the Syrians will certainly appreciate the help in taking back their territory while simultaneously eliminating US forces from their land. Iraq is in a similar situation. Iran will also be pleased.

Not to mention that the Kurds are also proxies for Israel (they are the key exporter of oil to Israel for some reason), and eliminating this strategic asset for Israel isn’t going to be under appreciated.

Turkey is making a lot of strong moves to please one key faction after trying to please the other for so long. Unfortunately for the Western faction, they weren’t interested in viewing Turkey as a partner, but as a pawn. And that’s where they really screwed up their chess game.

Consider Turkey’s removal from NATO to be another nail in the coffin for Western hegemony. But I’m sure that it would be sold as a good thing, and Turkey will be portrayed along the same lines as all the other bad guys there (Islamic radicalization of Turkey is something claimed by people who can’t even tell the difference between Turks and Arabs).

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Turkey is not secular. What planet you from?

Turkey being kicked or leaving nato would be a good thing for nato.
No more needing to appease a backwards Islamic fundamentalist state. No more needing to compromise on values and ideals to appease a backwards Islamic fundamentalist Turkey.

Turkey taking on the Kurds isn’t a benefit to its neighbours.

There was no attempted coup, stop being naive. If the CIA wanted to remove Erdogan he’d be gone.
The so called coup was staged by Erdogan to launch the next wave of purges against his opponents and anyone he perceived a threat to his rule.

As for not being a pushover, having a big military, LMFAO.
Turkeys military like its economy is reliant on the west.
Primarily the USA. You do realize it’s fleet of F16’s can be rendered useless as can their munitions?

Don’t believe me? Just ask Argentina how their French missiles failed in the Falklands war against Frances ally the UK..

Saddam had a big powerful military too once.
Look at Iraq now..

Some of you are really, really naive and clueless.

If they want to get Turkey they’ll get Turkey and there’s not a thing Turkey can do.
It can run to Russia but Russia is an even more shadowy player then the USA/West.
Can Turkey afford to replace its western weapons with Russian weapons and how quickly?
Can Turkey afford to do it when the rug is pulled from under its western dependent economy, when all western owned factories and corporations pull out and move production to other third world heap labor countries instead of Turkey?
Can Russia afford to give Turkey advanced weapons without upfront payments?

The change from west to east is a difficult one and a painful one.

The west is better off without Turkey. An unreliable “ally” who is now viewed as an enemy.

a reply to: TheStalkingHorse

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
Turkey is not secular. What planet you from?

Turkey being kicked or leaving nato would be a good thing for nato.
No more needing to appease a backwards Islamic fundamentalist state. No more needing to compromise on values and ideals to appease a backwards Islamic fundamentalist Turkey.

Turkey taking on the Kurds isn’t a benefit to its neighbours.

There was no attempted coup, stop being naive. If the CIA wanted to remove Erdogan he’d be gone.
The so called coup was staged by Erdogan to launch the next wave of purges against his opponents and anyone he perceived a threat to his rule.

As for not being a pushover, having a big military, LMFAO.
Turkeys military like its economy is reliant on the west.
Primarily the USA. You do realize it’s fleet of F16’s can be rendered useless as can their munitions?

Don’t believe me? Just ask Argentina how their French missiles failed in the Falklands war against Frances ally the UK..

Saddam had a big powerful military too once.
Look at Iraq now..

Some of you are really, really naive and clueless.

If they want to get Turkey they’ll get Turkey and there’s not a thing Turkey can do.
It can run to Russia but Russia is an even more shadowy player then the USA/West.
Can Turkey afford to replace its western weapons with Russian weapons and how quickly?
Can Turkey afford to do it when the rug is pulled from under its western dependent economy, when all western owned factories and corporations pull out and move production to other third world heap labor countries instead of Turkey?
Can Russia afford to give Turkey advanced weapons without upfront payments?

The change from west to east is a difficult one and a painful one.

The west is better off without Turkey. An unreliable “ally” who is now viewed as an enemy.

a reply to: TheStalkingHorse

Mortex

Give it up , no one cares .

This is gonna end up in humiliation for Pentagon Strategy makers .

Oh , please read NATO Charter , you are too ignorant to understand what is going on here .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

and all this time I thought you didnt have a sense of humor..

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

And I knew that your weakness was to think you are always right .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I am always right though

Now lets leave it there before we completely reenact the scene from Return of the Jedi between the Emperor and Luke Skywalker.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I am always right though

Now lets leave it there before we completely reenact the scene from Return of the Jedi between the Emperor and Luke Skywalker.

LOL

I am the resistance , you are the storm trooper .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I am always right though

LOL

Remember storm troopers wiped out the jedi orders.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You assume pentagon stragists aren’t behind what’s going on lol.
You do know Erdogan is a US asset right?
He is purposely leading Turkey to destruction.
While he fools you with false nationalism, so he can carry out his orders, all the while thinkig he’s gonna get away with pulling a fast one having turned Turkey into an Islamic dictatorship, his overlords have other plans for him and Turkey.
Turkey will be partitioned. Simply because it fits their agenda of redrawing the Middle East but also because Turkey is showing too much ambition and self interest that goes against world power interests.
Do you know why they’ve sold you weapon tech such as attack choppers, corvettes, subs etc? Because now they are deep inside Turkeys military structure. They said sure Turkey go it alone, become independent of our military industrial complex, here we will help you.
What you didn’t realize is that the tentacles never released you.
and as a result you will pay the price.
Erdogan and his inner circle will be hunted like Saddam and his cronies were. And the best part, if you want to know, is that Kemalist Turks will get their hands dirty on behalf of their western masters and overlords.

Your bravado and tough guy act on the internet behind your keyboard is only a natural reaction as sub consciously you slowly realize Turkey is doomed and it’s fate is sealed.

You’ve already started displaying symptoms, by making irrelevant posts about Greeks and other things way off topic in a desperate bid to change the subject and put your tired mind at ease.

By the way you type, I’ll guess you’ve been educated in the West probably lived your whole or most of your life in the West.
You have 3 choices.
1. Go back to Turkey and act tough.
2. Forget Turkey and become a full citizen of whatever western country you reside in, renouncing your turkishness.
3. Continue to argue on the internet against a reality that is already signed and sealed and awaiting execution.

a reply to: 23432

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You assume pentagon stragists aren’t behind what’s going on lol.
You do know Erdogan is a US asset right?
He is purposely leading Turkey to destruction.
While he fools you with false nationalism, so he can carry out his orders, all the while thinkig he’s gonna get away with pulling a fast one having turned Turkey into an Islamic dictatorship, his overlords have other plans for him and Turkey.
Turkey will be partitioned. Simply because it fits their agenda of redrawing the Middle East but also because Turkey is showing too much ambition and self interest that goes against world power interests.
Do you know why they’ve sold you weapon tech such as attack choppers, corvettes, subs etc? Because now they are deep inside Turkeys military structure. They said sure Turkey go it alone, become independent of our military industrial complex, here we will help you.
What you didn’t realize is that the tentacles never released you.
and as a result you will pay the price.
Erdogan and his inner circle will be hunted like Saddam and his cronies were. And the best part, if you want to know, is that Kemalist Turks will get their hands dirty on behalf of their western masters and overlords.

Your bravado and tough guy act on the internet behind your keyboard is only a natural reaction as sub consciously you slowly realize Turkey is doomed and it’s fate is sealed.

You’ve already started displaying symptoms, by making irrelevant posts about Greeks and other things way off topic in a desperate bid to change the subject and put your tired mind at ease.

By the way you type, I’ll guess you’ve been educated in the West probably lived your whole or most of your life in the West.
You have 3 choices.
1. Go back to Turkey and act tough.
2. Forget Turkey and become a full citizen of whatever western country you reside in, renouncing your turkishness.
3. Continue to argue on the internet against a reality that is already signed and sealed and awaiting execution.

When Ottomans surrounded Constantinapolis , your ancestors were arguing about whether angels have genders or not .

You are soooo indoctrinated that you can't even see how and when did you lost this battle you are having with Turks .

Turks aren't scared of West .

Soon the Pelasgian Walls will be opened up too .

God , you Coptic Gypsies never cease to amaze me ; since the days of Bosphor Kingdom you haven't changed a bit .

Should never have taught you how to fight and ride .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I am always right though

LOL

Remember storm troopers wiped out the jedi orders.

Force never dies , evil never prevails .

One of me dies and thousand of me borns to replace ; thats how it goes even Hammurabi knows .

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Turkey has had a secular government ever since Ataturk. But keep calling Turkey an Islamist country, it really makes you seem legitimate.

Yes of course Erdogan carried out a coup against himself. Why not? They’re evil Turks now because they don’t represent your interests anymore, so of course they would do that; even going so far as to sacrifice themselves in public executions for treason. It wouldn’t have anything to do with a whole CIA-sponsored movement within the ranks of the Turkish military, just like with every other CIA-sponsored coup, especially in a region known for all of the recent CIA-sponsored coups.

The fact that the leader of this supposed popular uprising was exiled to the USA decades ago, and the fact that the USA won’t extradite him after the coup, must just be pure coincidence? Or the fact that the top CIA Turkey guy just happened to be there watching the coup first hand? Must have just been on an innocent vacation, of course.

Better get some better material. I’m not American so CNN news narratives mean nothing to me.
edit on 1312018 by TheStalkingHorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Turkey is not the Ottoman Empire. Constantinople ceased to exist about 600 years ago. Get with the times.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

True but in this case Erdogan is the evil master and wont last. Just like the furniture empire wont be coming back, regardless of Erdogans wishes.
edit on 31-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheStalkingHorse

Turkey has had a secular government ever since Ataturk. But keep calling Turkey an Islamist country, it really makes you seem legitimate.

Lmfao maybe try keep up with current events there and then talk.

Yes of course Erdogan carried out a coup against himself. Why not? They’re evil Turks now because they don’t represent your interests anymore, so of course they would do that; even going so far as to sacrifice themselves in public executions for treason. It wouldn’t have anything to do with a whole CIA-sponsored movement within the ranks of the Turkish military, just like with every other CIA-sponsored coup, especially in a region known for all of the recent CIA-sponsored coups.

The nazis set fire to the reichstag to justify their actions. Lol.
If the CIA was behind the coup Erdogan would have been taken down.
The fact the response to the coup by Erdogan loyalists was so swift gives further validity to the fact it was staged from within for political gain.
The gulen movement? You mean the gulen movement that Erdogan is in bed with? You mean the gulenists who have been released? Lmfao get with the program.
Erdogan is a plant, he’s doing what he’s supposed to do, for the partition of Turkey, and the redrawing of the Middle East map.

The fact that the leader of this supposed popular uprising was exiled to the USA decades ago, and the fact that the USA won’t extradite him after the coup, must just be pure coincidence? Or the fact that the top CIA Turkey guy just happened to be there watching the coup first hand? Must have just been on an innocent vacation, of course.

LOL. This post gets funnier and funnier.
There’s CIA guys in every US embassy. Of course they’re going to be there watching when something goes down in a country, it’s part of their job to gather intel and report it back to Langley and Washington. Or did you think they get sent to embassies for a vacation? LOL

Better get some better material. I’m not American so CNN news narratives mean nothing to me.

I’m not American either what’s your point?
I would have thought an Australian flag as an avatar would have given it away but apparently the #ty bots used these days don’t pick up such detail lmfao.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

True but in this case Erdogan is the evil master and wont last. Just like the furniture empire wont be coming back, regardless of Erdogans wishes.

Dude , the one with inferior weaponary is always the David and one with the superior weaponary is always the Goliath .

" Furniture Empire " as you call is already here albeit unofficially ; you don't really believe that Turks/muslims/islam are done and dusted , do you ?

If you do than I have to say that you are mistaken big time.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Turkey is not the Ottoman Empire. Constantinople ceased to exist about 600 years ago. Get with the times.

How can you be so sure ?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Lmfao maybe try keep up with current events there and then talk.

The nazis set fire to the reichstag to justify their actions. Lol.
If the CIA was behind the coup Erdogan would have been taken down.
The fact the response to the coup by Erdogan loyalists was so swift gives further validity to the fact it was staged from within for political gain.
The gulen movement? You mean the gulen movement that Erdogan is in bed with? You mean the gulenists who have been released? Lmfao get with the program.
Erdogan is a plant, he’s doing what he’s supposed to do, for the partition of Turkey, and the redrawing of the Middle East map.

LOL. This post gets funnier and funnier.
There’s CIA guys in every US embassy. Of course they’re going to be there watching when something goes down in a country, it’s part of their job to gather intel and report it back to Langley and Washington. Or did you think they get sent to embassies for a vacation? LOL

I’m not American either what’s your point?
I would have thought an Australian flag as an avatar would have given it away but apparently the #ty bots used these days don’t pick up such detail lmfao.

So Erdogan is a CIA plant and working to break up Turkey according to you .

Shouldn't you be happy with this scenario ?

I mean Turks will get their come uppence according to your narrative ; what's the problem ?

As I said , you are a kid who have no clue ; you are a kid who believes in the CIA superiority over KGB .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join