It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI deputy director McCabe steps down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Sarah Huckabee Saunders is singing the same tune. Ain't that hilarious?🎶

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
choo choo

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Not assisting Mueller with his valid investigation but as a witness that confirms what Comey said about loyalty and being asked to "Let it go, let Flynn go..."

AN talking right now.

That's weird because Comey testified under oath in front of Congress (and cameras) that those weren't the words Trump used, and that he saw nothing to constitute obstruction in their conversation.

You'd have to be willingly ignorant or lying to spread your story (again/still) after being shown this repeatedly.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

www.politico.com...

BURR: Director Comey, did the president at any time ask you to stop the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 U.S. Elections?
COMEY: Not to my understanding, no.
BURR: Did any individual working for this administration, including the justice department, ask you to stop the Russian investigation?
COMEY: No.

RISCH: You wrote them here and put them in quotes.

COMEY: Correct.

RISCH: Thank you for that. He did not direct you to let it go?

COMEY: Not in his words, no.

RISCH: He did not order you to let it go?

COMEY: Again, those words are not an order.

RISCH: He said, I hope.

COMEY: Those are his exact words, correct.

RISCH: You don't know of anyone ever being charged for hoping something, is that a fair statement?

COMEY: I don't as I sit here.
edit on 29/1/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Who's next?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RelSciHistItSufi

I don't think an EO would do it, but I have been wrong before. We currently have 2 Congress members actually in jail and they still receive their full pensions.

The loop hole which allows this is that until all appeals are over that they are allowed to receive the pensions. You have unions and Civil Service agreements in place so I doubt an EO could be effective.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What flipping crime?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: ausername

My point was that I liked it coming from his earned pension rather than freeloading off of a public defender.

A public defender is if you cannot afford a lawyer.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There's a story making the rounds about McCabe, and I'll be looking to see if the memo confirms it:

The NY Times ran a story alleging that several Trump team members were in regular contact with Russian officials. (Later, Comey testified before the committees that this story was false.)

McCabe contacted Reince Preibus and told him that the story was bogus. So, Preibus asked McCabe if the FBI could make a statement to that effect. McCabe responded with something like, "I need to think about that."

McCabe then called the NYT and "leaked" that Preibus was leaning on him to denounce the story.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Can't wait for the backpedaling here now that trump is saying he had nothing to do with this.
Because if he did it's another check on the impeachment list.
So guys??? Changing your tune yet?

+4 more 
link   

a reply to: Martin75

Sarah Huckabee Saunders is singing the same tune. Ain't that hilarious?🎶

Um, no. Try again. You really have a comprehension problem? Sarah said Trump didn't fire him, speak with the FBI. Any other lies you wanna tell?

link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

The celebration around here is more than a little odd.

More odd than the time the entire left prematurely threw their hands up in celebration when the Russian collusion "smoking gun" fell right into their laps in the form of a DTJ meeting with a Russian lady?

I wonder if you people even realize that while you were celebrating in a sea of vindication, the implications of your so-called victory literally makes America -- as you guys love to put it -- Putins bitch. But yet there you guys were, celebrating just in spite of Trump. I am almost convinced you lefties would let your country burn to the ground just to spite the president.

How odd.. and unpatriotic.

And sorry, this post wasn't meant to be directed at you specifically as I am not really familiar with you, but I thought I'd use you as a vessel to speak to those that share your sentiments.

Cheers, comrade.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: elementalgrove

Gonna be a ruff week for you Silly.

For me? Really? Not that I'm aware of. I do have to get my jeep inspected tomorrow. What do you know?

Generally speaking you are a living embodiment of cognitive dissonance. Your commentary in this thread is a prime example of what I am talking about.

The people who have protected Hilldog are being systematically removed and odds are will face prosecution for their crimes. I hope that you are prepared to realize that you have been lied to, this way you can better discern who to put your faith in.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Can't wait for the backpedaling here now that trump is saying he had nothing to do with this.

Trump did not have anything to do with this, where are you getting this from??

That Russian Pee Pee dossier is what this has to do with and we are going to enjoy seeing the MEMO released!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No backpeddling here. I'm watching and waiting.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

One of the biggest problems in treating the mentally ill...They don't know they are ill.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So far you're the only one claiming this....

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I’d like to start by saying this:

As long as people keep referring to people of differing political opinion in a childish name-calling means of defamation, then there stands no hope of ever becoming united as a country again.

Not only is it ok for there to be an opposing side of each spectrum, but it’s necessary for checks and balances. But that doesn’t meany you should call people libtards or tea baggers. It’s a low and petty standard that should be beneath modern society.

Not that it’ll do any good to put that there...but wishful thinking.

On point...I did not expect him to step down. It really does seem like the dominos are slowly starting to fall. Good...sounds like all the 3 letter agencies need a good cleansing starting at the top.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Doesn't the EO the president signed on Dec 21 pretty much say that someone could have his/her pension withheld and assets froze in the event of criminal wrongdoing?

I'm not a lawyer so forgive me if my interpretation is off.

executi ve order
edit on 29-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: Old hands.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The hits keep coming for the FBI. Now, Gateway Pundit is reporting that Andrew Weissmann, one of Mueller's top guys, is under congressional investigation. He's believed to be one of the major leakers.

Paul Sperry of the New York Post reported, “BREAKING: Congress investigating Mueller “pit bull” investigator Andrew Weissmann for media leaks. Weissmann held April 11 private presser w major media–week before CNN, WaPo,NYT reported FISA on Page bolstered by dossier”

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join