It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police shot my friend/ people burned memorial, cops & fire dep. refuses to put fire out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm used to unarmed police, I've taken sticks off them before and changed the dynamics lol land of the free in the UK

Oh, another internet ninja. Cool.

Nope truth lol
Think I'm lying if you want but the cop shat himself when he lost his stick 😂
...only happened once.

To quote an earlier post.

I don't believe you sorry.

I think you say these things to make yourself feel worthy. But it only makes you seem pathetic IMO. I think secretly you wish you could shoot a drug dealer in the back.

Gosh you seem bitter, I send you my love x

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

So would you shoot a man running away after being caught dealing drugs yes or no?

Yes or no.

I wouldn't.

Who cares what you would do?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

We are not what people assume we are today, life takes us to dark places for a reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Thanks for your word, you are very right. Personally have lost someone in my life due to the effects of heroin-murdered because of it. She didn't receive the right help-rehab, mental help- nor extended jail time in the past and continued on. Deep down you fear the worst will sadly happen to them with that always wish they can turn around, sometimes they do.

Op needs to take time to grieve, as the stages come at different times and at different lengths for each person. Part of that later will be the grievance of how they died, but at this time they need to make sure they are taking care of themselves-eating, sleeping, etc. I know they sought the site for help, but these types of cases where the victim, a victim themselves as well as causing victims, isn't going to be received well.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I was just wondering where the Freddy grey's and the others were.

What happened to the unarmed black man being shot by the cops?

Seemed like we had 1 or 2 a week under Obama.

Sorry for your friends death. People dying before they attone is a tragedy.

Maybe he can find grace. We are not the judge.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I have No sympathy for a drug dealer

What if he identifies as a pharmacist?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The streets of Britain have become criminally run thanks to laws that say personal defense is not even a good enough reason to carry a blade larger than 3 inches, and you will be arrested even if you did literally defend your life with one and be forced to go through the tribulations.

No thanks, I will take the law that says you have every right and duty to use lethal force for personal defense. You disarmed a cop who had no gun? Go figure. No wonder criminals run the streets. Your supposed to respect the law, not treat it like a game. Please, come visit us. I would love for you to repeat your success here.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's pretty sad that some people think it's okay to shoot a person that isn't a threat. So what if the person sold drugs or runs away from police? That's not a reason to kill.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimdoctor
You don't know that though. You only have the testimony of a co-conspirator who admittedly also participated in similar criminal activity in the past with the suspect. What does the conclusion of the official investigation say? Did you see any video of the incident? Have you read any depositions?? All you did was read a headline and make a comment.

He may have reached into his pocket to ditch dope, but the responding officer at the distance only sees him reaching. With mere seconds to work with, you have no time to pray you are wrong about it being a weapon with a known violent drug dealer. Unless the video shows him running with hands up, if there even is one, I am giving discretion to the officer.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
You don't know that though. You only have the testimony of a co-conspirator who admittedly also participated in similar criminal activity in the past with the suspect. What does the conclusion of the official investigation say? Did you see any video of the incident? Have you read any depositions?? All you did was read a headline and make a comment.

He may have reached into his pocket to ditch dope, but the responding officer at the distance only sees him reaching. With mere seconds to work with, you have no time to pray you are wrong about it being a weapon with a known violent drug dealer. Unless the video shows him running with hands up, if there even is one, I am giving discretion to the officer.
It's nice you think you know my way of thinking. Too bad you are wrong. I wasn't judging the situation but the people in this thread that automatically think it's okay because the guy had a record, was a drug dealer, or because he ran. People like you. I didn't need to know anything about this to see how disgusting people like you are.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Know your way of thinking is quite obvious. You believe he was not a threat, you said so yourself. The officer knows the history of the offender, including violence. You are assuming that no threat is known or perceived. Many officers have died from playing it nice because of your way of thinking. That he is automatically not a threat because he ran.

Again, do you have access to any of the case files to even determine your opinion that he was not a threat?

I made no assumption to your way of thinking at all. I asked you questions for you to corroborate your opinion that the known violent drug offender/dealer was not a threat.

God forbid you are ever in a position where whether you live or die may depend on the decision you make in under three seconds. Life is good on that high horse, ain't it though? Have you ever even had someone target you with deadly intent?? It will change your perspective some.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor

It's nice you think you know my way of thinking. Too bad you are wrong. I wasn't judging the situation but the people in this thread that automatically think it's okay because the guy had a record, was a drug dealer, or because he ran. People like you. I didn't need to know anything about this to see how disgusting people like you are.

That's how I see it as well.
It seems Americans have become conditioned to accept that it's okay to shoot someone in the back simply for running away from police regardless of any immediate threat to the responding officer or general public.
Yep I'm glad that is not the situation in the UK.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

If that's what you think, then you've a very narrow grasp upon things here in the States. Might want to work on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The streets of Britain have become criminally run thanks to laws that say personal defense is not even a good enough reason to carry a blade larger than 3 inches, and you will be arrested even if you did literally defend your life with one and be forced to go through the tribulations.

No thanks, I will take the law that says you have every right and duty to use lethal force for personal defense. You disarmed a cop who had no gun? Go figure. No wonder criminals run the streets. Your supposed to respect the law, not treat it like a game. Please, come visit us. I would love for you to repeat your success here.

Lol who needs more than a 3 inch blade to kill? Seems like you have length inferiority issues going on in your mind.
Criminals don't run the streets in my part of Britain either, the people do. We have so few cops here that we rely on each other before calling cops. Police even depend on the friendly populace to back them up because they are outnumbered and unarmed, well if you discount a lame stick as being armed.
Different worlds is all, you think it is acceptable for a cop to shoot someone in the back when running away and posing no immediate threat to the officer, I don't

You blindly accept and respect the law 'because it is the law' but I don't. We can protest and employ civil disobedience when we disagree with things with no fear of getting shot. Example, there are no GM crops grown in Britain because when Monsanto tried it we destroyed the test crops (I did it myself along with many thousands of people ) no angry roided up cops with guns stopping us. And when the government told Monsanto they had to pay for their own (unarmed) security guards they gave it up because it wasn't commercially viable.
Land of the free my arse, land of the slaves in fear of the man's firearm.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If that's what you think, then you've a very narrow grasp upon things here in the States. Might want to work on that.

I'm only going on the replies in this thread where people have asserted it is acceptable to shoot someone in the back while running away and posing no immediate threat to the officer.
Perhaps you missed those replies?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There's always some dick making it about firearms and how tough they are.

Maybe they'll read this and stop.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I was more surprised at how many people deem it acceptable to shoot someone in the back while running away and no immediate threat to the attending officer.
Failing to comply = shoot him
Drug dealer = shoot him

Of course we don't know the specific circumstances in this case so I'm just going on the many replies that indicate support for shooting in the back simply for being a drug dealer who ran away.
Shameful in my opinion, seems like Judge Dredd 2000AD world to me. I'm just glad I don't live in that type of society.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I was more surprised at how many people deem it acceptable to shoot someone in the back while running away and no immediate threat to the attending officer.
Drug dealer = shoot him

Of course we don't know the specific circumstances in this case so I'm just going on the many replies that indicate support for shooting in the back simply for being a drug dealer who ran away.
Shameful in my opinion, seems like Judge Dredd 2000AD world to me. I'm just glad I don't live in that type of society.

Criminals with guns are scary, if you had to deal with scary gun toting criminals you too would shoot them in the back running away too because next time they may shoot you, it's all about neutralising the threat before it neutralises you first.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Drug dealer = shoot him

Criminals with guns are scary, if you had to deal with scary gun toting criminals you too would shoot them in the back running away too because next time they may shoot you, it's all about neutralising the threat before it neutralises you first.

So was the deceased dealer armed or unarmed then?
I've taken the story as an unarmed dealer presenting no immediate threat to officers, running away and being shot in the back like some Judge Dredd execution.
Do you support such extra judicial killings then?
I don't obviously. It would be national news if that happened in the UK, unarmed and shot in the back SMH.

There is nothing to indicate the guy was armed, and the fact the police haven't mentioned it makes it clear he was not. It seems a Judge Dredd style execution to me, at the very least a needless killing of a man running away.
I'm glad I don't live in a society which condones killing of that nature.

edit on 30-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final paragraph

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join