It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police shot my friend/ people burned memorial, cops & fire dep. refuses to put fire out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: llama
You sir, are an idiot.

Ummm...thank you good sir/mam/? for your intellectual contribution...

As I stated above it's good for the world to see into the soul of a LLama...your second ever post since 2008...

Bravo...I salute you and your obvious intellect...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: YouSir

FYI, the word "homicide" does not infer unlawful. It is a legal term meaning.

From Merriam Webster's Dictionary

Definition of homicide
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another

detectives investigating a homicide

So, in this case, yes, they are investigating a homicide to determine if it was justified nor not. The trooper is on paid administrative leave while it is under investigation. This is all SOP....and he too is innocent until proven guilty (just as all American citizens should be). Unless, of course, you subscribe to the mob rules mentality and being judged in the court of public opinion. The person shot, had been previously judged in a court of law, and has a history of illegal and dangerous behavior.

Ummm...yeah...I actually knew that before I posted...I just wanted to see how many fish I reeled in...

With the three corrections I received I might have dinner...care to join me...?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm kinda shocked that everyone is so casual about someone being shot dead while running away and presumably not presenting an immediate risk to the officer or other people.
Thank # I live in the UK and can run without fear of death if I'm in a situation like that.
Be as pious as you like but I don't think a small time heroin dealer deserves shooting dead, and my condolences to the OP losing a friend.
Flame away you self righteous #s.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So, you admit this was a trolling post on your part? You are aware that is against the ATS T&C's right? Not only that, it's not really a good trait to have IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Everybody jumping into corners.

Let's wait for the investigation.

It could have been a fat cop that felt shooting him in the back 4 times was easier than chasing him down for the arrest.

Or, he could have pulled a knife on the trooper.

Or, or, or, or

Certainly not enough to demonize the dead guy or the trooper.

To the op, sorry for your loss, but be patient, they may find it your favor and roast the guy if it was not legit.

I'm out of this thread.

Talking ill of the dead is some bad mojo, I don't want any part of that.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
OOO I have been cought UP IN ADDICTION ( not my self but my family )
How many times I have had to stop the maddness but slowly I have been getting the person away from it .
All teh wile KNOWING tomorrow may be the day he messes with the wrong person .
Dont tell me about how bad I should feal for you when I am dealing with it every day and praying to what ever god today is not the day he dies .
But if he dies some thug kills him for 50 $ or some cops on roids does he learned the finial lesion .
PS and He is teh only reason i even have to live I do hope I can get him totaly clean in time to save HIS (my family )

Ummm...you sound like a very strong and dedicated individual Midnightstar...

What a powerful example of love you've shared...I for one am humbled by it...
I fully realize how empty and powerless words from a stranger can be...however I do wish you strength and I would leave you with this thought...

Compassion doesn't cost me much...nor is it a balm for whatever befalls the one toward whom it's directed...
The least I could offer is a shared humanity...a genuine concern...an honest desire that you have and maintain that love you obviously have for this person...

Perhaps the strangest thing I've ever learned is that millions and millions of persons around this wonderful globe of ours stand there with you...people you'll never know...never meet...
They do not seek recognition...or thanks...or anything in return...nor will they...
I've used that realization before to buoy me through depressive moments...

I hope this finds you well...that your mate fully realizes the enormity of the love you have for them...
As I stated...at most these are only words and words have no power beyond how the one hearing or reading gives them...

Thank you for sharing with us here...thank you for providing me the opportunity to emote beyond my own small self...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

At this point, it is readily apparent that you are not being totally forthcoming with all of the details surrounding this. Everything that you say is 'the police are bad,' 'the townspeople are bad,' 'the fire department is bad'...you know, maybe they all are in this instance, but you have to give us SOMETHING of substance if you want us to see it from your angle.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So, you admit this was a trolling post on your part? You are aware that is against the ATS T&C's right? Not only that, it's not really a good trait to have IMO.

Ummm...no...what I admit to is that I understood the definition of homicide before I wrote my post...as I stated...

However...that does not dismiss the other very valid points I mentioned...your only real gripe is that your responses to the OP were as I described in my post...and that I called you out on it...without naming names...
You out yourself again my good man...It's merely your subconscious realization that my points were valid...and an unconscious rebellion to that realization that keeps you responding...

Despite all that...the offer for dinner still stands...we're having seafood...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

How did I know before clicking that link this would have to do with heroin. I had a lot of friends go down that road growing up...most are now dead from one thing or another all related to using heroin...the ones still around are pretty worthless these days...they'll rob you hell some would probably shoot you to get what they need for a fix.

While we don't know the circumstances behind the shooting, and the way you've reported the fire dept. acted which I find disgusting. I have no doubts that your heroin addict friend brought this on himself due to the choices he continually made. Trying to play the,cops by saying you'll be an informant then jumping out of a vehicle and trying to run might not be the best idea.

With all that in mind you would have to assume he was unarmed and had been checked in the processes of being setup to do a controled buy. That leads me to think this was a bad shoot based on that...but I don't know the laws for your local and how much leeway the officer had to make that decision.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Seemed more attention-seeking than trollish, imo.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

With all that in mind you would have to assume he was unarmed and had been checked in the processes of being setup to do a controled buy. That leads me to think this was a bad shoot based on that...but I don't know the laws for your local and how much leeway the officer had to make that decision.

Why do we have to assume any of that?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Is it standard for an officer to not check someone they had in custody they just setup to do a controlled buy in which he is being transported by what I can only assume is an undercover officer...they don't exactly hand you the keys to your car for such things. They definitely don't let you go free between being arrested and doing the buy...so what else?

In fact if you're in a police car of any kind SOP says you get a pat down at the least and usually searched...even if you're just getting a ride home after a breakdown.
edit on 29-1-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

My question is more geared towards why are we even talking about a controlled buy? I haven't seen anything about Champney being a CI, much less being sent in to obtain narcotics for an investigation so I'm wondering if you've seen something...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

According to a May 2016 news release from Lebanon police, a Jesse Champney, then 25 and living in Canaan, was arrested on a felony charge of possession of heroin with intent to sell and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, after allegedly agreeing to sell heroin to a police informant but then attempting to flee on foot when confronted by Lebanon police. Champney was on parole and was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail, the Lebanon release said at the time.

The Valley News in 2013 wrote about a Jesse Champney, then 22, who jumped out of a moving car in Hartford and fled on foot to escape bail bondsmen who were attempting to take him into custody following a probation violation. Champney had been arrested in 2010 on charges of burglarizing several camps in Enfield.

Source Pg1

Edit...I got mixed up. Seems that I missed the date there. I stand corrected.

Edit to the edit...it also seems with that kind of history the officer may be able to have made a pretty good argument that he was a danger to the population and therefore couldn't be allowed to get away and he had to use deadly force to ensure that if he couldn't catch him.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Edumakated

So does anyone else of you only site the bad parts of a persons life...

None of that is relevant in a police shooting.. all that matters is “was the officer in danger when he shot”?

Well, no. It's if there is perceived danger. If your pointing a gun at me and have no intention of pulling the trigger, or it's not loaded, I might not actually be in danger. It's a perceived threat. Just on paper this guy was a perceived threat. If I knew his record and saw him ealk8ng toward my door I'd be much more inclined to shoot him, while you seemingly think he should be treated like any girl scout. I hope you get paid to be ignorant.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Seemed more attention-seeking than trollish, imo.

Ummm...of course it was attention seeking...

Just as this response of yours is...just as every post you've ever made on this site is...just as every post everyone ever posted on this site...

You and everyone else...self included...are seeking the attention of responders to the words we write here...it's all in an effort to pass the time...be part of an online social media site...be members of a "community"...

What attention were you seeking with this response of yours...beyond what I already mentioned...and my own attention required to think about and respond to your post...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Edit...I got mixed up. Seems that I missed the date there. I stand corrected.

No worries, you had me googling like crazy for a hot minute though

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Cool.

edit on 29-1-2018 by Shamrock6 because: that pesky 2nd line

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
His roadside memorial was lit on fire, nobody even bothered to try and put the fire out, it sounds like your friend wasn`t very well liked in that community. maybe you should consider looking for a better class of friends?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree
Thats not going to happen until he grows up. Seems more he wants to be with the cool kids and rebel against the man. If SP does not snap out of this lifestyle, I have no doubt SP will join his friend in under a decade through some dumb circumstance or another.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join