It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA to be dismantled and gone by the end of 2018 "back to States".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So just browsing around and im seeing a lot of language within stories and actual quotes from politicians and senior leadership within the EPA that really seems like it's heading that way just look at the decision to put "on hold" to open a mining operation in Alaska and destroying one of the largest salmon fisheries on the west coast. The regulations put in place to prevent another Deepwater disaster rolled back because a company that makes Billions in profits says it's too expensive?
The EPA is being dismantled and no one can see it .

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is GOOD news.

These Government agencies have far too much power over states and landowners. Hopefully we see the dismantling of all of these oppressive Federal ‘alphabet’ agencies over the next few years...the NSA and IRS come to mind.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is GOOD news.

These Government agencies have far too much power over states and landowners. Hopefully we see the dismantling of all of these oppressive Federal ‘alphabet’ agencies over the next few years...the NSA and IRS come to mind.

Agreed..

Every time a new statute is enacted, the EPA goes completely overboard and decides they can pick and choose who and where it applies to.

It's no different than pay to play.

Why is it a homeowner can't modify or build on wetlands, yet mining companies can dump nasty crap in the water supply?
Because somebody got a check.

Screw em, they did it to themselves.

And add the FDA to that list.
edit on 29-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I disagree in part as far as the EPA goes certain regulations actually protect the environment over corporate interests for short term financial gain. They leave in their wake a wasteland void of environmental and economic sustainability . look at coal for instance when entire mountains are stripped the mining co's leave and behind it destitution, entire towns left stripped of any kind of economy there's a better way but when reg's aren't adhered to well just look at the Deepwater horizon incident or the Duke coal ash dump fiasco big destruction is this what you want to leave your children and grand children ? Responsibility and sound policy goes a long way .

a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is GOOD news.

Or the Department of Education. What a Cluster-Foxtrot. Common Core, anyone?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

FDA, DEA, CIA, FBI, BATF, IRS, etc, etc.

I like the USDA, and prefer having them manage proteins. But if we need to throw out the baby with the bathwater, fine...dismantle the USDA, too.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I could see that as going real bad for California they will have so many laws you won't be able to leave your home and it will illegal to live in it.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree about the rest of the ABC agencies gut them, period. When an organization starts doing more harm than good it has to be severely reprimanded and accountable. Common core really was designed to dumb down and weaken on a fundamental level education... sad really .

a reply to: MteWamp

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So just browsing around and im seeing a lot of language within stories and actual quotes from politicians and senior leadership within the EPA that really seems like it's heading that way just look at the decision to put "on hold" to open a mining operation in Alaska and destroying one of the largest salmon fisheries on the west coast. The regulations put in place to prevent another Deepwater disaster rolled back because a company that makes Billions in profits says it's too expensive?
The EPA is being dismantled and no one can see it .

Considering that the EPA has utterly failed at its job when it comes to stopping Monsanto/Dow/Dupont and the rest from poisoning our land, water and air, we would be better of without their agenda driven controllers!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits

This is GOOD news.

Agreed..

Every time a new statute is enacted, the EPA goes completely overboard and decides they can pick and choose who and where it applies to.

It's no different than pay to play.

Why is it a homeowner can't modify or build on wetlands, yet mining companies can dump nasty crap in the water supply?
Because somebody got a check.

Screw em, they did it to themselves.

And add the FDA to that list.

And do you think the states, which have less say than the federal government can better manage that? Do you think industries can self regulate it? What happens when we talk about dumping chemicals in rivers that cross several states. Should one state be able to ignore another state just because they're upstream?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

One down, a hundred more to go!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Litigation.

If you poison people in Texas, the Texas state government would have right to sue for recompense.

The problem is, the EPA as a concept is valuable. But its a group of unelected officials that make decisions which are quite often completely baffling in logic. Which tells me that they aren't there for the environment insomuch as to meter out permits to the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think there should be a law that says any government official that actively does away with the EPA has to move his entire family next to toxic spewing industries.....KOCH bros. need to relocate their children and grandchildren close and downwind from their power plants.....DUKE energy owners need to have their drinking water taken from the rivers they pollute......they need to live in the very crap that they want others to live in.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Litigation.

If you poison people in Texas, the Texas state government would have right to sue for recompense.

The problem is, the EPA as a concept is valuable. But its a group of unelected officials that make decisions which are quite often completely baffling in logic. Which tells me that they aren't there for the environment insomuch as to meter out permits to the highest bidder.

I can't really agree with the idea of dismantling regulatory agencies because they're not 100% perfect.

In a regulation-less situation, the company would throw caution to the wind via all efforts to maximize profit, kill as many people as necessity would dictate to maximize profit, and then a nominally small cut (pay-off) to the victims families to sweep it under the rug.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Litigation.

sounds like you have no idea what the EPA does.....I think you should move your entire family right next to a fraking field to show good faith in your convictions, so as to enjoy the air and drinking water quality of those areas

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
maybe the title of this thread should be..."how to screw over the little people"......tell me something, all of you sage thinkers.....why do you think the EPA was put into operation in the first place?......

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx I couldn’t wish that upon anyone...well maybe I can think of a few. I lived next to a multitude of those for over ten years. Now I live in a desert but oddly I plan on moving back as soon as my house sells. To be more specific I am going back to Oklahoma. The amount of fracking that goes on there is scary. Earthquakes daily and the tap water is just a no no.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
:double post:
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Litigation.

sounds like you have no idea what the EPA does.....I think you should move your entire family right next to a fraking field to show good faith in your convictions, so as to enjoy the air and drinking water quality of those areas

I've lived my entire life there. My only health problems are genetic. I have no real health issues after living 40 years in West Texas, even playing in piles of frak sand from time to time.

Sounds like you over estimate what the EPA does. You should not make sarcastic suggestions without personal protection. S ometimes they blow up on you.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Litigation.

I can't really agree with the idea of dismantling regulatory agencies because they're not 100% perfect.

In a regulation-less situation, the company would throw caution to the wind via all efforts to maximize profit, kill as many people as necessity would dictate to maximize profit, and then a nominally small cut (pay-off) to the victims families to sweep it under the rug.

I believe that the states would not allow it to be swept under the rug, and that we individually have far more sway over our state governments that that retarded monolith known as Uncle Sam.

A business that poisons people is bankrupted via litigation and penalty. Survival seems like a good reason to not screw up. Besides, why would a state not be able to regulate the industry within its borders? I'd much rather the State of Texas make decisions for Texans that DC.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join