It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Leadership Rarely Chooses Minorities To Deliver the SOTU Rebuttals.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: carewemust

Really, man? Really? You measure a political party's concern for a demographic by looking at the ethnicity of the speech giver for their damn State of the Union rebuttals? Not their policies, party platform, membership numbers & statistics, or members of those demographics who are supported candidates and/or are appointed into judicial or administrative positions. Nope, you look for something as ridiculous as the skin color of the speech givers of the SOTU rebuttals?

Some minorities have light skin. I'm sure glad Dr. King didn't pretend that "all is well" when it wasn't. Aren't you, E.S.?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
What would be cool would be when the dems trott out their illegal children and ICE goes up and arrest them.

I just read that one Democrat is planning on bringing a busload of DACA peeps to the State of the Union Address. Is that what you're referring to?

I thought the troublemakers were (thankfully) boycotting the SOTU address.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Perhaps this is because the task is too important poliically to be assigned on the basis of meeting a quota.
In this case, ability to do the job well becomes a higher priority than inclusivity.

You'd think that over a 40 year period, at least one Non-White Democrat would have been qualified to deliver the rebuttal?

Nah, they got nuttin.

Non white dem?! r u #tin me?

Where is the AG of cali or douchebag central, the new head of the DNC?

They don't want any person of color to represent them.

Man up dems and put Valarie Jarrett out there!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

They wanted Barack Obama to do the unoffical rebuttal, but ended up with Maxine, who says she's "Reclaiming her Mind".
Source: www.bet.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They wanted Barack Obama to do the unoffical rebuttal, but ended up with Maxine, who says she's "Reclaiming her Mind".
Source: www.bet.com...

As my dad used to say, no accounting for stupid.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Did the last eight years slip from away from you. "They don't want any person of color to represent them." Really dude...really

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Waters . I hope she does not forget the hat.....
Clown in a suit...

She's the one in the james brown wig.

Sheila jackson -lee is the one in the cowboy hat.

All hat and no cattle. Cultural appropriation much?

My bad . I was thinking Lee all the way...

edit on 1/29/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The way I see it this isn't so much a reflection on the DNC (although I'm willing to admit that a lot of what they say regarding minorities is simply lip service to get votes) as it is a reflection on the audience they're trying to reach. Most Democrats are already going to buy in to the reality presented in the rebuttal. So the goal then becomes to convince as many people on the Right that what the President said may not be 100% true. And guess what? There's still a fairly large number of people on the Right that will be more inclined to listen to a white male than anyone else.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hope this doesn't surprise anyone. After all, now that they got their token black president out of the way, they went back to their roots in '16. They peddle to minorities and the youth, but when it came time to run for the oval office they trotted out 3 old white people.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lol does it really offend some of you that much?

Jesus, fragility amongst snowflakes - whining about the color of someone's skin for a speech.

Highly ironic.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Exposes and proves the Democrat Party is gluttonous and continues to divide people into groups for their own lustful agendas.

Sick-O Party

They don't even understand what immigration is all about.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What would be cool would be when the dems trott out their illegal children and ICE goes up and arrest them.

Are they still planning on bringing illegals to the SOTU speech?
You can have ICE checking tickets.

edit on 1/29/2018 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check... hmpft

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Quit the BS. You're the one who made this thread. You're the one trying to make an issue out of the ethnicity of the Democrats' SOTU rebuttal speakers. MLK has nothing to do with this.

Going by the ridiculous logic in your OP, white conservatives should love the Democratic Party. After all, you've clearly "proven" that Democrats prefer white SOTU rebuttal speakers, which is apparently all that should matter now when determining a political party's priorities. Think that through for a second.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Come to LA. I know a lot of people like that. You should also study Malcolm X. He warned about White Liberal Racists.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Actually you would know if you go to Beverly Hills. A lot of them called Trump supporters racists yet paint all minorities as poor people that shouldn't be in their neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Both parties are playing identity politics here.

Republicans: look we’ve got minorities too!
Democrats: were not just the minority vote!

You might argue that they just want the best person to rebut, but do you really think either party does that? Ever?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Are they still planning on bringing illegals to the SOTU speech?
You can have ICE checking tickets.

Special "Green" color tickets with a padlock picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The SOTU address just ended. I'm on BET (Black Entertainment Television) network but some movie is on. Where is Maxine?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join