It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Leadership Rarely Chooses Minorities To Deliver the SOTU Rebuttals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sunday, January 28, 2018

This Tuesday night, January 30, 2018, (Republican) President Donald J. Trump will deliver the State of the Union address to our great nation.

After every State of the Union address (since 1966), the "opposition party" delivers its rebuttal...describing how they view the state of our nation, and what they think needs to be done to make it better.

This coming Tuesday, Democrat leadership chose Congressman Joe Kennedy (D-Mass), grandson of the late Sen. Robert Kennedy, to deliver the rebuttal on behalf of the party.

Source: thehill.com...

African American Congresslady, Maxine Waters (D-Ca), was not chosen, so she's going to deliver a rebuttal on the little-watched Black Entertainment Television network, immediately after the President delivers his address.

Source: www.bustle.com...

It's TRAGIC that the Democratic party is supposed to be one of inclusiveness and fairness, yet they rarely, if EVER, have chosen an African American, Hispanic, or member of any other minority group, to deliver the Democrat's official response to a Republican President's State of the Union speech.

Here is a website that lists who delivered the opposition party rebuttal to every SOTU address, dating back to 1966.

Listing of annual SOTU Rebuttals: www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

As you can see, during Barack Obama's Presidency, Republicans choose Governor Bobby Jindal (2009), and Senator Marco Rubio (2013), to deliver the party's official response...both ethnic minorities. How far back in time do you have to go, to find an ethnic minority on the list of Democrat rebuttals?

African Americans are 12% of the U.S. population, and Hispanics are 17%, according to the 2012 census. The party of "inclusiveness" seems to be that way only in slogans.

In reality, Democrat party leadership practices racial discrimination, and (IMO) doesn't think Democrat voters are intelligent enough see it, or, that they don't have the nerve/initiative to do anything about it.

-CareWeMust

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Waters will be good for a laugh. Her train left the station a long time ago, very unstable women. Maybe she can bring the brother out who said Guam might tip due to all the soldiers on one side!!

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is a reason why a lot of minorities hated white liberal racists more than conservative racists.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Sunday, January 28, 2018

This Tuesday night, January 30, 2018, (Republican) President Donald J. Trump will deliver the State of the Union address to our great nation.

After every State of the Union address (since 1966), the "opposition party" delivers its rebuttal...describing how they view the state of our nation, and what they think needs to be done to make it better.

This coming Tuesday, Democrat leadership chose Congressman Joe Kennedy (D-Mass), grandson of the late Sen. Robert Kennedy, to deliver the rebuttal on behalf of the party.

African American Congresslady, Maxine Waters (D-Ca), was not chosen, so she's going to deliver a rebuttal on the little-watched Black Entertainment Television network, immediately after the President delivers his address.

It's TRAGIC that the Democratic party is supposed to be one of inclusiveness and fairness, yet they rarely, if EVER, have chosen an African American, Hispanic, or member of any other minority group, to deliver the Democrat's official response to a Republican President's State of the Union speech.

Here is a website that lists who delivered the opposition party rebuttal to every SOTU address, dating back to 1966.

As you can see, during Barack Obama's Presidency, Republicans choose Governor Bobby Jindal (2009), and Senator Marco Rubio (2013), to deliver the party's official response...both ethnic minorities. How far back in time do you have to go, to find an ethnic minority on the list of Democrat rebuttals?

African Americans are 12% of the U.S. population, and Hispanics are 17%, according to the 2012 census. The party of "inclusiveness" seems to be that way only in slogans.

In reality, Democrat party leadership practices racial discrimination, and (IMO) doesn't think Democrat voters are intelligent enough see it, or, that they don't have the nerve/initiative to do anything about it.

-CareWeMust

Democrats only care about minority votes. The party never actually lives up to the ideals they claim to hold so dear.

It will be interesting to see what that buckdancing hag, Maxine Waters will have to say. I mean black unemployment is at record lows. Stock market is booming. Illegal immigration does not help blacks, so I hope she doesn't start flapping her gums about DACA.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Awwww man. I was hoping it was Pelosi, but I will settle to watch Waters. I need to buy some popcorn.

Kennedy huh? Talk about a dynasty.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

so I hope she doesn't start flapping her gums about DACA.

I hope she does, because since they declined the proposal it shows that they actually don't care about DACA.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Having Maxine do the official Rebuttal would truly be one of those gifts that keep on giving. You think maybe if enough people were to call DNC Headquarters begging them to pick Maxie, that we would have ANY chance of reversing that decision? It could turn out to be the #2 moment in the history of the democratic party.

#1 is of course the video of Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga), attempting with GREAT futility, and gnashing of teeth, to grasp the astrophysicist-worthy answer to the question "How many people can you squeeze onto the Island of Guam, before it becomes so overpopulated that all the weight causes it to roll over and capsize?". Which would, of course, devastate the local population. I don't see that one dropping out of the #1 spot for QUITE a while.

The really amazing part is watching Admiral Willard's astounding ability to keep a straight face and just answer Rep. Johnson's (D-Ga) questions. It's truly painful to watch, but it's truly one of the greatest moments in DNC history. It should make us ALL proud.

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga) Truly, one of the Great State of Georgia's greatest sons.

The real tragedy here, though, is the fact that he was actually elected. By people. Human beings.

No, Really!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Waters . I hope she does not forget the hat.....
Clown in a suit...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Perhaps this is because the task is too important poliically to be assigned on the basis of meeting a quota.
In this case, ability to do the job well becomes a higher priority than inclusivity.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Really, man? Really? You measure a political party's concern for a demographic by looking at the ethnicity of the speech giver for their damn State of the Union rebuttals? Not their policies, party platform, membership numbers & statistics, or members of those demographics who are supported candidates and/or are appointed into judicial or administrative positions. Nope, you look for something as ridiculous as the skin color of the speech givers of the SOTU rebuttals?

The faultfinding is getting ridiculous here, like some grade school "mean girls" gossiping over someone's shoe color. If you think the ethnicity of the SOTU speech giver has anything at all to do with the problems ethnic minorities face in this country, then you don't understand the situation in the least bit.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Awwww man. I was hoping it was Pelosi, but I will settle to watch Waters. I need to buy some popcorn.

They put the “dy” in dynasty....

Too soon???
edit on 29-1-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Waters will be good for a laugh. Her train left the station a long time ago, very unstable women. Maybe she can bring the brother out who said Guam might tip due to all the soldiers on one side!!

I'll probably flip back and forth between watching Joe Kennedy and Maxine Waters. I went to the BET website, and was horrified to see Maxine in a red shoulderless dress...and it wasn't a halloween costume. (barf...)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

There is a reason why a lot of minorities hated white liberal racists more than conservative racists.

Well, you wouldn't know it from their voting record.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: carewemust
Sunday, January 28, 2018

-CareWeMust

Democrats only care about minority votes. The party never actually lives up to the ideals they claim to hold so dear.

It will be interesting to see what that buckdancing hag, Maxine Waters will have to say. I mean black unemployment is at record lows. Stock market is booming. Illegal immigration does not help blacks, so I hope she doesn't start flapping her gums about DACA.

Maybe she'll pull of Nancy Pelosi's talking points and slam the tax-cuts, bonuses, and pay-raises that millions of hard working Americans are getting.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Perhaps your system has B.E.T. network. If so, you're in luck! haha.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What would be cool would be when the dems trott out their illegal children and ICE goes up and arrest them.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

#1 is of course the video of Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga), attempting with GREAT futility, and gnashing of teeth, to grasp the astrophysicist-worthy answer to the question "How many people can you squeeze onto the Island of Guam, before it becomes so overpopulated that all the weight causes it to roll over and capsize?". Which would, of course, devastate the local population. I don't see that one dropping out of the #1 spot for QUITE a while.

The really amazing part is watching Admiral Willard's astounding ability to keep a straight face and just answer Rep. Johnson's (D-Ga) questions. It's truly painful to watch, but it's truly one of the greatest moments in DNC history. It should make us ALL proud.

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga) Truly, one of the Great State of Georgia's greatest sons.

The real tragedy here, though, is the fact that he was actually elected. By people. Human beings.

No, Really!

I think I saw a video of Johnson asking that question about Guam tipping over, a couple of years ago. He seemed genuinely concerned, if I recall.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Oh really? Where are the stats to back up that claim?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Waters . I hope she does not forget the hat.....
Clown in a suit...

She's the one in the james brown wig.

Sheila jackson -lee is the one in the cowboy hat.

All hat and no cattle. Cultural appropriation much?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Perhaps this is because the task is too important poliically to be assigned on the basis of meeting a quota.
In this case, ability to do the job well becomes a higher priority than inclusivity.

You'd think that over a 40 year period, at least one Non-White Democrat would have been qualified to deliver the rebuttal?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join