It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar eclipse Jan 31 2018. - off schedule, storms, etc

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Saw it from South Carolina this morning, about 1 1/2 hours east of Atlanta. Only caught a small part of the lunar eclipse as the moon was quite low and getting ready to set.

Was quite pretty (and it was damn cold outside).

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Soy, I greatly doubt "thousands and thousands" of astronomers were staring in the precise direction of the cloud covered moon over the Pacific ocean horizon at the moment that the clouds off then on again swept by. Clouds mostly kept it covered for the hour that it lasted here, and the forecast possibly became high chance of rain.

Witnesses might come to a place like this and get told "you saw clouds, here take this NASA flier so you know what you're seeing and don't mess up again". There isn't much motive to have significant stamina in defending such claim anyway, unless of course they might foresee the motive of the cover up.

I doubt many get this far. They would worry about the dreaded "conspiracy theorist" label, or the silly helicopter following them.
Perhaps there is a much bigger picture with this than I can see and all of this just needs to get deleted.

Maybe I just have some freaky weird vision and can see a shade that others can't. But that would require the other witness to have lied or for them to have misinterpreted a cloud, or to have same vision mutation. All are exceedingly unlikely.

I hold no grudges. This is a great country to be in.
Whatever I saw- it awakened something in me which led me on quite an interesting pilgrimage of discoveries. For that I am forever grateful.

edit on 31-1-2018 by apdjbs1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Zero visibility here.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As moon became nearer to ecliptical the Earth exchanged lighter gasses for heavier elements, hence the clouds and thus the Aurora.

Check www.swpc.noaa.gov...# Click Aurora Borealis vid clip. Note times.
After accumulating in upper atmosphere the gases continue to swirl around the planet and will eventually dissipate into downfalls across the globe.

Eclipse was 10:51–16:08UniversalTime

Sorry Earthlings.

Nobody will believe it. Well, surely there are plenty that already know.

Also, over a week ago I sent a message inquiring on why the SOHO satellite seemed misaligned. It seems it has since been taken out of the publics viewing. Check Coronal Mass Ejection vid clip in same link above for the last recording.
Here's a snap in case the vid gets removed:

edit on 31-1-2018 by apdjbs1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: apdjbs1
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You have now made it clear you disagree with the software engineers whom created Sky Safari, in saying that they forgot to handle scaling for eclipses. Ok.

You know that SkySafari is scaling the moon and the resulting "eclipse" it shows you on the moon is not accurate. You know this. I have SkySafari as well, and you and I both know what happens when you zoom in and out on the moon when it's at or near an eclipse. I refuse to believe you didn't try zooming at all. And when you zoom in on it you and I both know that it starts to return to its true size and it changes what the "eclipse" image of the moon looks like. You know it's a software artifact, so why are you posting it as if it's true info? I now seriously doubt the sincerity of this thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: apdjbs1

You come up with all sorts of drivel and bull cookies here is how the distance to Moon is from Earth to scale.

You claim maths tricks look at the rubbish you have spouted about rivers and nebula

You have to take into consideration the motion of the objects relative speeds and the angle from Sun to Earth and the Moon as you can see from the image above it doesn't take much for the Earths shadow to miss the Moon.

You didn't see an eclipse last time because it wasn't visible from your location.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RTLSLZ1

"You know it's a software artifact, so why are you posting it as if it's true info?"

This combative tone of telling me what I know or what I think is rather uninteresting.

I decided to try the software you had mentioned and it indicated an eclipse in the same manner for the official eclipse as it did for my "unofficial" eclipse. If there was a glitch or "artifact" then I would have suspected there would be a difference between the two. Instead, I found they looked exactly alike at the exact scaling. In fact it also appears that the official eclipse couldn't be viewed without scaling to see it.

I understand it frustrates everyone when data doesn't always equal the observations. I certainly can agree that such an event wouldn't go unnoticed.
##SNIPPED##

I'm not even an amateur astronomer, nor am I antigoverment. Although government could add a notice on people's tax bills if they are in a known zone of contamination. At least then people could be sued for child abuse for having children there. But people don't want their property value to sink before they can sell to the next victim, so it's everyone's fault. It's not just greed and apathy though, it's also ignorance of the facts, which is why I mentioned the notices and prosecution of people continuing to poison their children. Otherwise you'll be later prosecuting the mentally disabled children anyway.
As with the eclipse...
Location location location
Perspective perspective perspective

edit on 1-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Too much uranium in my water today

edit on Fri Feb 2 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I understand it frustrates everyone when data doesn't always equal the observations.

The data does agree with the observations, and you know it. You know what happens in that program when you zoom in on the moon. You know it scales the moon when you zoom out. Tell everyone what happens when you zoom in and out on the moon around the time of the eclipse.

##SNIPPED##
edit on Fri Feb 2 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Right, calling each other a liar is uninteresting.

I can just say we've become overly reliant on our software and we trust our systems way too much. A year ago if you told me that you think your Samsung tv was spying on you I'd probably not believe it.

I'm not sure how the application has changed without any update notifications but here is a comparison of what it showed now vs before:

edit on 2-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Too much STUXN3T in the system today.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I can just say we've become overly reliant on our software and we trust our systems way too much.

Speak for yourself. I did the math myself, you refuse to even look at it. I only used the software to confirm what I had already calculated myself, to prove to another poster that I was doing the calculation correctly, and it wasn't even related to the visualization of the moon near the umbral shadow in the screenshots you showed.

Tell everyone what happens when you zoom in on the moon around the time of the eclipse. Also, tell everyone that you changed the constellation lines setting from traditional lines in the upper pic to modern lines in the lower pic. And then you can explain to everyone why you changed the time zone setting. I can do that trick too you see:
h.dropcanvas.com...
And oh look, it "changed."
h.dropcanvas.com...
I don't like making accusations of dishonesty, but the facts speak for themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I suppose it never occurred to you that they could have played with the data (which includes time zones) in order to get the results which we're now chasing tails to understand and describe. It is also within reason that you or I made a mistake. I certainly don't claim to be an expert with this software.
Let me know if your results show the same as mine when selecting Australia, or let me know what you think might be happening. Also pay very close attention to the direction of where the eclipse starts on the moon and you'll see it doesn't match the picture that its suppose to match. That top left sliver of moon shine in picture is actually where the shadow starts according to the app when you play through the eclipse sequences and it goes from top to left to bottom.

edit on 2-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Too much moonshine.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Heads Up!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced....
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

Specifically, all talk about members being shills is prohibited.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Fri Feb 2 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I see I made a mistake while trying to alternate various locations. This was due to the fact of switching between a number of things to figure out where the data is wrong in this software. Compounding the issue was unfamiliarity of the software and how it displays eclipse indicator in an unintuitive manner.
This was not exactly a scientific peer reviewed journal and I'm not a scientist.

I'm simply a regular citizen that seen the "bowl shaped moon" (exact words from my text message) which I didn't know there was an eclipse anywhere else on that date. She claims to have seen it perhaps 30 minutes after I sent the message, and she was at least 5 miles from my perspective.

Perhaps the eclipse we saw was in fact caused by a cloud of molecules in space condensing around the planet or condensing in the gravity well between Earth-moon as I mentioned much earlier.

I've just been grasping to find problems with the data because the idea of "space clouds" is about as unheard of as the hypothesis that maybe Earth has increased significant mass since the time of when 24' tall mushrooms covered the planet.

I'm trying hard to find an error in the data because if there is no error, then we really are fkd.

I'm sure there will be those that read only up to the point where they find I made a mistake (in which I can't edit after 4hr limit) and they'll not read further or will dismiss everything I've said. That's fine. There will also be some that will start paying attention.

The data can be manipulated by Math-heads and defended by ###snipped###, so you just have to see for yourself. That means going outside checking the moon during the lunar eclipses that you aren't supposed to be able to see. Maybe it only occurs during September lunar eclipses during the September area of space during solar minimum of Sun or whatever all the variables.

This is just giving a lift to stand on so that someone might see further.

edit on 3-2-2018 by apdjbs1 because: Hangover from last night's moon shine.

edit on Mon Feb 5 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: apdjbs1

Bowl shaped Moon we better watch out flat Earthers are about

(post by apdjbs1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I suppose it never occurred to you that they could have played with the data (which includes time zones) in order to get the results which we're now chasing tails to understand and describe. It is also within reason that you or I made a mistake.

I didn't make any mistake and they didn't play with the data. I recreated your claim by simply adjusting the time zone. I have zero doubt changes you made to the program's settings caused exactly what you showed and what I recreated in my screenshots. I'm done here, no point in staying just to have you call me a [snipped] for daring to expose what was going on with the software.
edit on Mon Feb 5 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Nobody's calling you anything.

I've been a moderator at other sites before, and I know how easy it is to have multiple accounts to edit out an unflattering post then hide tracks by editing my own post if I so desired.
Regardless of all that boring nonsense drama, I'm not even disagreeing with you. We are probably both right as I already mentioned. The eclipse was simply not a normal Earth diameter eclipse. It was what I've already stated and some of the follow up details may have since been deleted.

I just know every time we get the human/pig hybrid (elongated) skulls in the media that there is something else going on. That and the Great Pyramid voids are as much distractions as is just how far this thread was derailed from original question.

I imagine such an event will occur again, maybe around next Fall. Maybe years from now...but it'll become widespread news then. It's just a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join