It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admits he is not a Femenist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

President imported wives doesn't need to be a feminist.

If a woman can do a job better than a man hire them by all means, if they can't so be it, you should be hired for your expertise and that's what counts, not what sex you are.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Of course he's not. He's a f****** muppet.

A lot of polls show only 20% of Americans identify as feminist even though most believe in equality of the sexes. I don't see why Trump is the muppet when it's you that can't see these as mutually exclusive ideas. You don't have to be feminist to be egalitarian in your views. Especially when feminism has been a political tool of the Marxists for a few years now.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I see nothing wrong with this. I'm not a feminist either, because I believe in actual equality. No different than how even though I'm a minority who grew up dealing with racism I'm getting sick of all the racism against white people.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I'm not a feminist I'm an egalitarian. I guess I'm a bad person
edit on 29-1-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Can anyone show me an example that demonstrates Trump even understanding what 'feminism' is?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No one intelligent is a feminist.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

It means gender superiority. If you aren't one, but support full equality you're hated.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

It means gender superiority. If you aren't one, but support full equality you're hated.

This sounds hyperbolic. Could you elucidate further?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Feminist.

Fem. Latin. To make.

Inist. Latin. Sandwiches.

Fem inist.

Really, do we need to say anything else?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Do I really need to explain third wave feminism and its nature to you?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Do I really need to explain third wave feminism and its nature to you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Quelle surprise !
Next.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Yes, but only if you can do so without deliberately misrepresenting it through childish inflammatory opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The good feminism;

First wave feminism: Suffrage/right to vote for women.

Second wave feminism: Reproductive rights, legal inequalities, marital violence/rape issues, workplace issues etc.

The bad feminism;

Third/Fourth wave feminism: Patriarchy conspiracy, regretting consensual sex the next day is rape, white men are evil, men's testicles aren't allowed to take space between their legs on public transport (manspreading), men can consent when intoxicated but women cant, public shaming and boycotting people who disagree, imaginary wage gap that no serious economist takes seriously, teaching boys not to be boys, general man hating, even benign compliments constitute harassment.

edit: Sorry, I guess I couldn't describe it without a touch of childish inflammatory opinion, but it's accurate and true and pretending the Emma Watsons of the world are the real face of feminism today is simply disingenuous.

edit on 29/1/2018 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
The good feminism;

First wave feminism: Suffrage/right to vote for women.

Second wave feminism: Reproductive rights, legal inequalities, marital violence/rape issues, workplace issues etc.

The bad feminism;

Third/Fourth wave feminism: Patriarchy conspiracy, regretting consensual sex the next day is rape, white men are evil, men's testicles aren't allowed to take space between their legs on public transport (manspreading), men can consent when intoxicated but women cant, public shaming and boycotting people who disagree, imaginary wage gap that no serious economist takes seriously, teaching boys not to be boys, general man hating, even benign compliments constitute harassment.

edit: Sorry, I guess I couldn't describe it without a touch of childish inflammatory opinion, but it's accurate and true and pretending the Emma Watsons of the world are the real face of feminism today is simply disingenuous.

I appreciate you taking the time to outline it.

My cursory reading of 3rd wave feminism (admittedly wikipedia with all its issues) doesn't really match the description you've given above. Understandably while I don't discount your opinion above, is it possible that there are extreme cases being given far more weight than the aggregate would suggest, and this is 'flavoring' everyone's opinions on it thusly (both for and against)?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Maybe his doctor was right, then...maybe his mind really is in good health.

Seriously, the modern feminist is a horrible example of what it is to be a woman. I'm so glad that I have women in my life (including my mom and my wife) who agree with that. It took me a long time to ask if these modern feminists are crazy, of it if was just me.

I'm glad that they both agree, and both are very strong women and advocates for women.

Trump scores another point with this one.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

... is it possible that there are extreme cases being given far more weight than the aggregate would suggest, and this is 'flavoring' everyone's opinions on it thusly (both for and against)?

I would argue it thusly: The New Black Panther Party is NOT the same as The Black Panther Party. The NBPP has become an extremist caricature of its namesake, and is a terrible organization and is actually retarding progress that has been made by employing its extremist views.

Modern feminism is NOT the same as the original feminism, neither in theory nor in practice. The modern feminist has become an extremist caricature of its namesake, and is a terrible movement that is actually retarding progress that has been made by employing its extremist views.

That's as appropriate an analogy as I can think, because both are going to extremes that actually hurt their claimed causes, as well as resort to actions that are abhorrent to most people, segregating themselves from the public whom they claim that they are trying to reach.

With each vagina hat, three more backs are turned on the cause."

* That's a made-up ratio, but you get my point.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Did anyone really think he ever was, Mr. Grab Them By The P****?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join