It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Normally I am a harmless older gentleman, but If anyone attempted to harm either one my granddaughters, I would go absolutely berserk. I won't say for sure that I could kill, as I never have, but I do know how. And push come to shove, I don't think it would be that hard in the heat of the moment. I think killing is relatively easy, its living with afterwards that's hard.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Normally I am a harmless older gentleman, but If anyone attempted to harm either one my granddaughters, I would go absolutely berserk. I won't say for sure that I could kill, as I never have, but I do know how. And push come to shove, I don't think it would be that hard in the heat of the moment. I think killing is relatively easy, its living with afterwards that's hard.

I don't know how hard it would be to kill someone, I've never killed anyone.

But assuming it's as easy as a few wakes with a baseball bat I'm sure I could get passed it.

To tell you the truth I probably could get passed it if it ment choking with my bear hands.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I would kill if it meant keeping the ones I love alive from danger. I would sacrifice my own life for their safety.

I wouldnt hesitate or question it.

This is a morally bankrupt question, because the real answer should honestly depend on the context. What if the ones you love are the aggressor? Would you be willing to kill someone else or even yourself to save someone who is wrong, plainly?

I see people say this kind of thing all the time, and then I've seen people do ridiculous things just to defend their family, despite their family being in the wrong.

I think that's morally bankrupt, honestly.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The question is, would you hesitate a little giving the other guy a chance to kill you?

Again I'm a little intoxicated;

Nope; I wouldn't hesitate. Sorry if your a good person I "accidentally" kill.

I do promise to try to take care of your Family if I make a mistake and kill you when your a good person.

Probably not a good idea to say that you're intoxicated while holding your child's hand.
Even on an anonymous message board.
Things can be traced.
Be safe, man. Just a heads up.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

The question is, would you hesitate a little giving the other guy a chance to kill you?

I do promise to try to take care of your Family if I make a mistake and kill you when your a good person.

Probably not a good idea to say that you're intoxicated while holding your child's hand.
Things can be traced.

One is no long aloud to have a beer in this world while being a loving parent? ... If that's the case perhaps my dystopian fantisies about needing to kill in order to protect my daughter are closer to reality than i would like.

But I do understand your point, thank you for the advice. Luckily I am not close to divorce or you would be spot on.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I would kill if it meant keeping the ones I love alive from danger. I would sacrifice my own life for their safety.

I wouldnt hesitate or question it.

This is a morally bankrupt question, because the real answer should honestly depend on the context. What if the ones you love are the aggressor? Would you be willing to kill someone else or even yourself to save someone who is wrong, plainly?

I see people say this kind of thing all the time, and then I've seen people do ridiculous things just to defend their family, despite their family being in the wrong.

I think that's morally bankrupt, honestly.

I agree ... context matters.

My daughter is 5; she's afraid to sleep alone. That's why I was holding her hand until she fell asleep. I was passing that otherwise boring time thinking of a rediculas situation where n i had to do something drastic to protect my daughter; just as surly as I was protecting her from the bogeyman at that point in time.

I realized I would do anything for her ... even kill... to your point i would probably kill for her even if it was the morally bankrupt thing to do.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't KILL for anyone ever.

Where kill means a homicide committed for the sake of my or another person's advantage.

If we were five people stuck on a raft, with on pouch of rations, I would not kill some of you so that there would be fewer mouths to feed.

But if you were acting like an evil troll, like you might try to kill some of us....

Why, I wouldn't hesitate, to put you out of our misery.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To protect my children from human monsters and keep them alive in a very bad situation? Yes. But G_d willing, I hope to never be in that scenario.

For anything less than that, no.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Things can be traced.

What? Seriously?
Is there some new law passed making it a crime to hold your kid's hand while intoxicated?

How is that the issue that first comes to mind when you read the OP?

How is that something you feel it's ok to even SAY to someone in the bounds of normal conversation.

Not trying to dig at you, just trying to understand the logical thought progression that led you there.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh, and yeah, I could and would kill to protect my family, but there are also situations where I would do the same for anyone else, even a stranger, to save a life.

But I do agree with the earlier post, that context can be EXTREMELY, MASSIVELY important in a situation where I could possibly end up taking someone's life.

For instance, what if the killer IS a family member, and the victim is not?
I guess maybe it shouldn't be, but I imagine that a situation like THAT would be a bit more emotionally complex.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That is a disturbing answer, please don't Forget to take your meds.....

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Yes, you're probably drunk. Sometimes, though, truth does come to us in strange ways...

I've been there, though I don't have any children of my own, I helped raise a niece. Many's the time, she'd fall asleep in my arms while I read to her, or we watched a movie, or just hung out enjoying each others company.

There are two people on this Earth that I'd kill for, or die for, or both. She's one of 'em. I'd burn the world to ashes for her, and never look back. The other is her mother, my youngest older sister.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If it came to my family those i consider family or my country without hesitation or regret.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's a question of survival. Not disturbing at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

God. My father mother and all of our extended family were horrible people then.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's a question of survival. Not disturbing at all.

Nope we are not living in a mad Max environment, no need to be paranoid walking around clutching a weapon in case you need to use before someone tries to kill you....at least where I live anyhow it may be different where you live.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: DanDanDat

The only situation I would take another human life is in defense of myself and my family. I don't think I would be as enthusiastic as you, but I would do what is necessary.

Yes and I'd do it with no more concern than stepping on a roach.

I'd be more concerned about wasting a bullet.

I've run the scenarios almost everyday.

It always ends up a bloody mess, since I can't own a gun here.

After 5 attackers it gets iffy.

I'm glad I have tile floors.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That is a disturbing answer, please don't Forget to take your meds.....

No meds, but I do have 28 years of military experience, and you reach a point were you don't think but act... Thinking is too slow most of the time. I'm sure by your reply you do not understand what I may be talking about.

edit on 29-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not from a military point of view no, I spent many years learning martial arts and the same theory applies, although I don't walk around in a constant state of alertness in case someone picks a fight with me.

I took your comment as you were in a state of ready to kill or be killed wherever you go, sorry if I misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Im not quite sure this is in the right forum. If it's not I'm sorry.

So I'm a few drinks in and I'm holding my daughter's hand as she falls asleep.

How far would you go to protect the people you love?

If it was just me; I'd get pissed and # off. But now holding my daughter's hand I'd kill every one of you just to give her a runing chance.

Is this how most people feel or am I just drunk?

And if the people you kill have family members with the same mindset as yourself whatcha gonna do...Kill and keep on killing.?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join