It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fitness App gives away secret military bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

What's bad is all the SAP bases are lit up like a Christmas tree from all the people involved exercising.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

HA HA, This was exactly this issue that Gen Jones was concerned about. It's a wonder that those things are even allowed on bases.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

which special access?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Lots of them. SOCOM training locations, hangars for aircraft, and all kinds of things.

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ok so this is weird, we got a guy biking in A51, yet no employees at McCarren have fitbits?

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What I'm seeing is a single overweight person that never runs past the gate of their community and often doesn't get beyond a few hundred yards from their driveway..

edit:
Also could be an 80 year old.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I'm just amazed no area 51 alien selfies have been uploaded to Facebook. What more evidence is needed to prove no aliens exit in area51.

:

Although i'm amazed some one actually not only approved those devices but actually handed them out, the govt places i have worked at it would have required an act of Congress for that to happen due to CYA.

Hopefully fit bit paid the guy who made the decision enough to retire.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good find that's interesting! Never thought about fitness device tracking. A few trips ago they were screaming about killing all tracing apps because people running around trying to catch pokimon and causing the same problem....some peoples kids...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You guys should take a look about 70km off the coast of Toda, Japan.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

To quote the Mortal Kombat video game "whoopsies."

We already know about area oxymoron (aka area 51, the top secret base we all know about) but the others well that's letting the cat out of bag. I know it's common practice to track GPS, heart rate etc but this is a sergeant Bilko level mistake, there are far more discreet ways of measuring fitness such as those pedometers you attach to your waist, stress testing on a treadmill, and so forth.

It will be interesting to find out who gets the wooden spoon.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MRedfield

They are still investing in sub marine fiber optic cables for bandwidth.
The latest cable to rise out of the Katamai canyon adds another 20 TBS.
Project Verona might be on topic for people that have an interest in security.
In the Pacific during WW2 the Japanese often used non communication blackouts during a project to avoid the allies reading their fists.

Erwin Rommel relied on the enigma field cipher heavily prior to D day.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MRedfield

I'm not seeing Toda as being on the coast, screenshot?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

To quote the Mortal Kombat video game "whoopsies."

We already know about area oxymoron (aka area 51, the top secret base we all know about) but the others well that's letting the cat out of bag. I know it's common practice to track GPS, heart rate etc but this is a sergeant Bilko level mistake, there are far more discreet ways of measuring fitness such as those pedometers you attach to your waist, stress testing on a treadmill, and so forth.

It will be interesting to find out who gets the wooden spoon.

It's actually "Toasty" from MK, not "Whoopsie" lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Alexa! launch missiles.

Funny. Here is a Minuteman III Launch Control Center.
Heatmap

Looks like someone went for a short run...once...
edit on 1/29/18 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Never understood those things, I always just trail run and prefer not to see the same thing again and again.

its amazing to me that some of these companies never think about these things considering how manic so many military people are about this kind of things.

It's more a case of some college student writing a whizzy Java App using the existing geo-location and data sharing API's for use by their mates, then selling it on the app store.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nobody has pointed out that activity is being shown in North Korea and Antarctica?
Is the Antarctica location a known base or something? Why would military be there? And hopefully the North Korean individual is supposed to be in North Korea, or they might have some trouble coming their way.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Nobody has pointed out that activity is being shown in North Korea and Antarctica?
Is the Antarctica location a known base or something? Why would military be there? And hopefully the North Korean individual is supposed to be in North Korea, or they might have some trouble coming their way.

Ha I just checked North Korea. It seems someone there has a Fitbit but no everyone. Perhaps it was lil Kim going for a run or bike ride

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Antarctica is supported by the military, and has personnel down there working in the stations. It increases during the months they get resupply, because of the military aircraft flying down there.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

love seeing C-130 landings on skis, totally cool.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I HATED the LC-130s when they were Navy. Had to deal with one that spent 14 years on ice. Saw it again in the Boneyard. Never do happy to see something there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join