It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher slams military as "lowest of the low"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What ever happened to Lawyers and wall street bankers being the lowest of the low?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: face23785

Libertarians live in a fantasy world where... if you just don't engage people in the world, they'll leave you alone.

This was specifically what I was talking about. This is a pipe dream. People who think if we just pulled all our troops out of xyz country no one would # with us are deluding themselves.

I was also highly disappointed with Johnson.
edit on 29 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My daughter just graduated Navy boot camp and is the happiest I’ve ever seen her. She turned down a full ride scholarship to serve because she feels it’s the most patriotic thing a person can do, and she wants to give back to her country that has done so much for her.

She knows she will never get rich, but she gets to pursue a career that is very interesting to her and feels a ton of satisfaction with her decision. This character isn’t even fit to polish her boots.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuford

Congrats to her!!

...and to you, sounds like a fine young woman.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Meh. I prefer to view it as hoping for the best, whilst expecting, and preparing for, the worst.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: projectvxn

It's frustrating.

I'm trying to get used to it. It's never gonna get better.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do we have the information to make any assumptions on the intelligence of the average US soldier over seas?

I for one have no idea if teacher is right, or if you are right. If I had to guess I would bet it lays somewhere in between the teachers assertions and yours. But that is a guess.

well the teacher is definitely wrong. a relative had to study and work very hard in order to qualify to get into the US military. so that definitely shoots down the "They’re the freakin’ lowest of our low" theory.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You say they teach because they cant join the army
maybe its just they'd rather educate people rather than killing people
edit on 30-1-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuford
My daughter just graduated Navy boot camp and is the happiest I’ve ever seen her. She turned down a full ride scholarship to serve because she feels it’s the most patriotic thing a person can do, and she wants to give back to her country that has done so much for her.

She knows she will never get rich, but she gets to pursue a career that is very interesting to her and feels a ton of satisfaction with her decision. This character isn’t even fit to polish her boots.

Congrats to her! While it's not for everyone, the military can be a great place for young people to start out, or even make a career out of. The first few years can be touch and go with the lower pay grades, but if she makes wise choices you can do fairly well on an enlisted salary once you start making rank. The best thing she can do is find mentors in her unit and learn from them.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert

I am not pushing a narrative. Certainly not a political one.

I am talking about a guy who obviously has as chip on his shoulder. I studied a lot of Sociology, Psych and Anthropology in school. I have also worked since I was 13 in various jobs so yes, I know a lot about people. How they act. How they try to assert control. How they bully. How they are a benefit to society.

Like I said. He can act however he wants but not on his job. Using profanity and telling people they are stupid or not worthy because they are part of the Armed Services seems to be ok with you.

I said no such thing and I would appreciate it if people on this damn site would take the time to learn basic reading comprehension. But I give you credit for trying to use an appeal to emotion fallacy.

What you are doing is making assumption based on information you do not know. It is illogical and just like Cowboy, you are talking out of your ass.

Your anecdotal fallacies mean squat and does nothing to help your argument.
edit on 30-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The irony being even if you set aside any potential age or criminal record issues he very likely isn't even eligible to serve, matter of fact I get this feeling if you put him all the way through MEPS he'd be found completely unfit for service multiple times over.

This is to say nothing of his pretty much guaranteed inability to hack basic training, though my bet is he'd also crash and burn HARD from the academic side of most AIT programs...

So if they're the lowest of the low, this guy isn't fit to have his stinking rotting corpse fed to grub worms.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You know why people like you can afford to have such high and dignified sounding morals like that?

Because others handle the real work for you!

You've been GIFTED your unique and precious freedom to sneeringly look down on your betters for their willingness to do all the things you consider beneath you.

A gift provided I might add by their willingness to do the hard things and do them so well and at so little cost of any kind to people like you that you are able to ignorantly and arrogantly convince yourselves that you have nothing to do with it

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What a dick! No clue what he is talking about..my mother was in the Air Force and the army both in intelligence, my stepfather was in the army intelligence, my father was in the air force, intelligence, my husband was an Explosive Ordnance Disposal tech in the Army, the hardest school in the military. He also put his life in the line several times, I could have lost my huband! Screw him!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Also I havent claimed any moral high ground it is you who assumes im taking some moral high ground
if you think my morals are higher then so be it, I just value life more than other peoples ideologies !
and I am my own being , I fight my own battles not anyone elses.

I think anyone who wishes to join the army and fight for someone elses words , as that is all they are fighting for "what ifs" , bearing in mind we only goto war based on other mens ideas ! not our own , we then assign our belief to those ideals based on our own moral judgements , I just happen to value life more than I value words or promises
I just think that teachers dont join the army because they want to educate human beings not kill them , they want to fill the heads of our children with knowledge and give them hope for a better future, where as men and women in the military do the opposite kill the enemy to bring more peace!

and war is completely different now than it was before WW2 and WW1 , propaganda is rife, so men and women and the public are lead to fight through lies, war now is all about money its big business , in fact it was probably always about money , and so human greed isnt a good enough reason to kill someone.

The hard thing to do is stand up to people who push others to kill in their name ! it's easy to kill someone , it's harder to stand up for what is right , because you have the patriots of society denounce you and chastise you for being weak and not following their nation or leader !

you know like that one man in nazi germany that didnt salute hitler like the rest of the brain washed masses.

Also like many in america who refused to goto vietnam

Sorry if the fact I dont have it in me to kill another man for someone elses beliefs , maybe in your eyes that makes me weak , but in my opinion it makes me strong ! If I were to kill someone , murder them in cold blood then it would be through my own choices and actions alone.

Both of my grandfathers fought in World war 2 for Britain and their fathers before them fought in world war 1 , and those wars were far different from the illegal conflicts we have now . I am happy that my relatives gave me the freedom to say no to crazy demands made on them by government.
Funnily enough it wasnt those men who secured me my freedoms it was the men and women who pushed for rights against Feudal lords in the creation of the magna carta, then the french revolution then american revolution . Those rights were won by people who refused to follow the leading powers at the time "the monarchy" and stood against them in unity to say no we will not do your bidding, we will not follow you blindly.

Yes I consider "killing in the name of" beneath me !

Killing for your country , is still murder , no matter how you dress it up , no matter how you glorify it legally
its still murder , just so happens that its sanctioned murder by psychopaths who rule us !

and maybe if more people said "no" to serving their country over patriotism to a flag or ideal then maybe the world would be a better place because you wont #ing see politicians picking up rifles or corporate CEO's or industrialists or wall street bankers !

Biological studies lend support to the ethic of universal brotherhood; for man is born with drives towards cooperation and unless those drives are satisfied, men and nations alike fall ill...In this sense every man is his brothers keeper. For every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main, because he is involved in mankind.

edit on 2-2-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I think he has a point in a way.
It is certainly how the elite see the guys and gals they send to war.
Insert Fortunate Son music mystro please.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join