It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher slams military as "lowest of the low"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I guess it just sucks to be you then.

I don't feel that I have to justify how I feel about an idiotic opinion from a growing number of people who happen to share the same ideological bend.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I knew a teacher said this, but in fewer words and irritably. She also told a guy he'd be mopping floors for the rest of his life. She liberally gave out F's and D's. Like wiping your a** with sandpaper.

He wasn't saying it to belittle the military--that's altogether missing his purpose. He was saying it from anger aimed at his students. He wanted to scare or threaten them. He went too far. And that case where he slapped the kid with his head down on his desk? Hitting the desk or loudly telling him to get his stuff and leave would have achieved the effect he was looking for. He should have lost his job for slapping him then and there IMHO. The bar should be high. Teaching kids isn't easy. If you're short, you're out.

My verdict? Anger control issues. He's probably not fit to teach.

I had many teachers. Some of them would have bad days and get angry. They never went too far, but sometimes it got close. I have to believe if my generation had the Ipod's and smarphones, more of our teachers would have lost their jobs or received disciplinary measures.
edit on 1/29/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Opinions are not for teaching high school. I do not care how bad your day is, your life is or whatever. He can have that opinion outside of work and I expressed that.

If you do not know his personality type you need to get out more or maybe you do not because you are in Introvert.

People like this are very common. Most times they are just not caught on video or audio.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't feel that I have to justify how I feel about an idiotic opinion from a growing number of people who happen to share the same ideological bend.

In other words, you feel no need to form an opinion based on facts and instead choose to fabricate what fits your confirmation bias, including the idea that it is "a growing number of people".

Ok. Seems to be a common pattern emerging.

Where I come from, they call that talking out of your ass.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That does not address my post. You made specific statements. All I did was ask for you to provide something to back up your assertions.

Much like this one:

People like this are very common. Most times they are just not caught on video or audio.

Do you have something to back up that claim, or are you and Cowboy taking turns letting your backside speak for you and you are just saying what fits your confirmation bias?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

heh.

I'm talking out my ass and you're kissing the teachers.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

heh.

I'm talking out my ass

Yes, we know that now.

and you're kissing the teachers.

That's stupid.

Here's your sign:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You want proof that people can be closet assholes? C'mon now.

When I said cycle I meant a cycle of hate and/or violence expressed to children from adults Same thing happens in inner cities with Police. Children are taught that cops are the evil and hate black people.

Tell us why he is a one in a million...because he is not.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You want proof that people can be closet assholes? C'mon now.

That's not what I said.

When I said cycle I meant a cycle of hate and/or violence expressed to children from adults Same thing happens in inner cities with Police. Children are taught that cops are the evil and hate black people.

You said people like that were very common. All I asked for was something to qualify that statement, so I could decide whether there was merit to your argument of if you were just making it up as you went.

Tell us why he is a one in a million...because he is not.

I made no such claim. You, on the other hand, made specific claims which you appear not to be able to back up.

It's almost as if you and others are trying to push a political narrative that is not based in reality.

Imagine that.
edit on 29-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I am not pushing a narrative. Certainly not a political one.

I am talking about a guy who obviously has as chip on his shoulder. I studied a lot of Sociology, Psych and Anthropology in school. I have also worked since I was 13 in various jobs so yes, I know a lot about people. How they act. How they try to assert control. How they bully. How they are a benefit to society.

Like I said. He can act however he wants but not on his job. Using profanity and telling people they are stupid or not worthy because they are part of the Armed Services seems to be ok with you.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Everybody knows that teaching and nursing are the lowest of the low.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sorry, but engineering is.

We prefer it that way.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's California. El Rancho. If this were to happen in any other state outside of New York then I would be very surprised. If not for us, he'd probably be a Jong Un victim right now though. And then, of course, he should be fired.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

It's California. El Rancho. If this were to happen in any other state outside of New York then I would be very surprised. If not for us, he'd probably be a Jong Un victim right now though. And then, of course, he should be fired.

How does he still have a job to begin with, before this happened? Even in California I'm pretty sure assaulting your students is a no-no.

[sarcasm]Must be his white privilege. He is white right?[/sarcasm]
edit on 29 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This is part of the reason I ditched libertarians as well.

Too many in the libertarian camp think like this, same with liberals. I can't get behind people who regularly use bull# phrases like "going overseas to kill brown people". Yep, we're all just killer racists with PTSD. It's all Hurt Locker in this mf'er, and not a goddamned one of us can read. Just a sad, sad story of a brainwashed youth who can't think for themselves.

This is just what I've experienced. Many others share these experiences. This is the fringes of political thought becoming more mainstream.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

We prefer it that way.

I was also going to say "coding." You gotta admit that's pretty low. Maybe one step below customer service.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This is part of the reason I ditched libertarians as well.

Too many in the libertarian camp think like this, same with liberals. I can't get behind people who regularly use bull# phrases like "going overseas to kill brown people". Yep, we're all just killer racists with PTSD. It's all Hurt Locker in this mf'er, and not a goddamned one of us can read. Just a sad, sad story of a brainwashed youth who can't think for themselves.

This is just what I've experienced. Many others share these experiences. This is the fringes of political thought becoming more mainstream.

This is something that turns me off about libertarians too, even though my views mostly line up with them on other issues.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

We prefer it that way.

I was also going to say "coding." You gotta admit that's pretty low. Maybe one step below customer service.

Coding?

Ew.

gross.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I simply don't have any party I can identify with. Republicans pretend they're better than Democrats right now, but when the time comes they'll go back to being just like them.

Libertarians live in a fantasy world where soldiers are all evil robots, and if you just don't engage people in the world, they'll leave you alone.

Unfortunately, none of that is true. The only thing I can get behind is the maximization of personal liberty.

The way they've claimed control of the crypto market is a good example of just how weak their political principles are with how non-inclusive and controlling they can be. I stopped believing in the Libertarian party when they put up Bill Weld and that douchebag Gary Johnson and tried to actually sell them as a viable alternative.

The libertarian party put a gun controller and an unprofessional idiot who smokes pot on live TV and does creepy things to female reporters on camera, and their adherents called anyone who scoffed at these two "shills".

I've come to find out I have no political allies nor anyone I can identify with who actually adheres to some kind of principle and moral rectitude(and no I'm not talking about religious morality). I am politically alone, and quite frankly I'm ok with it. The idea of being associated with any of these groups turns my stomach.
edit on 29 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's frustrating.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join