It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California teacher slams military as "lowest of the low"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Blaming troops for what the military does is like BLM blaming cops for the War on Drugs that the Two Party + MSM + IC System (aka The Corruption) has been perpetrating against US for all these decades (and BLM / SJW didnt challenge in the slightest under Obama).

edit on 29-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I know quite a few Marines that would most likely gladly volunteer to take this nice gentleman on a beautiful remote nature retreat, and explain to him, the ummm, error of his ways, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Behind all the false patriot praise in the US the military is the lowest of the low. Nearly all the of military comes from the lowest parts of society. They are not bankers or elites. The military recruiters do prey on the lowest members of society.

I do agree this person wasnt being tactful when he was "telling it like it is."

Pew Research

The educational profile of enlisted personnel is much different. The vast majority of enlisted personnel (92%) have completed high school or some college. This compares with 60% of all U.S. adults ages 18 to 44. Fewer than one-in-ten enlisted personnel (7%) have a bachelor’s degree, compared with 19% of all adults ages 18 to 44.

It's a bit difficult to devote yourself to a BA or BS when you have enlisted duties. I was enlisted and am finishing my education now. I think this guy is just a hateful asshole, not "telling it like it is".

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

It's a bit difficult to devote yourself to a BA or BS when you have enlisted duties. I was enlisted and am finishing my education now. I think this guy is just a hateful asshole, not "telling it like it is".

Well I got a masters and I'm a director in a company after 28 years in the military, enlisted. That guy will never earn what I earn and will never hold the level of responsibility I had in the military and on the outside, so who cares.

With no disrespect to the educators that do it because that is their life's dream...Many in the education system are there for one big reason. They get into the safe space education bubble and the real world is too scary where they are common at best while in their little bubble they are all powerful to our young that are forced to listen to them for a grade. After years they think they are the smartest people around...just ask their students...lol

edit on 29-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

For many of them, that's exactly the case. Not all, of course, or probably even most...but this dude is a shining example of that big fish in a little pond, coupled with a god complex.

28 years? Well done, sir.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Riiiiiggggghhhhhttt....

May I ask, where are you from?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nothing from great failed state of California surprises me. And as a fellow idiot to serve this country and has an M.B.A., this educator is totally entitled to his opinion, even if it is so ridiculous and disrespectful to all those who have served as well as their families.

But this is a shining example of liberalism 101. Only they can paint an entire class of people, in this case, Veterans and paint them as "lowest of our lows." Image if Ben Shapiro said that teachers are the lowest of lows? Oh it would be plastered on every headline and ironically enough, this story is no where to be found on CNN.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: seasonal

The acceptance standards these days requires a high school diploma at a minimum. No dropouts are accepted. I'm not saying you need a 120 IQ to graduate, but its something.

They'll take you with a GED too. The recruiter just has to do a little extra paperwork.

No they won't to get in with a GED you need to have 1 yr college and score well on ASVAB. Ged will no longer get you in the military and no recruiter can change that. IF YOU WANT INTO THE MILITARY YOU BETTER COMPLETE HIGH SCHOOL.

I went into the Air Force with a GED and zero college. Do you have a source? It's totally plausible they changed it, that was a while ago. I'd just like to see it.
edit on 29 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
At least in the USAF if you want to see the upper ranks enlisted you better be college educated, So I will just chalk it up to ignorance.

Quite true. I actually went in the military because I didn't want to go to college - not because I couldn't, like this guy thinks - only to find out USAF practically requires you to go to college. It's not mandatory exactly, but if you want top marks on your performance reports you need to be taking classes.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
I don’t get why people are so brainwashed that we have to support the military. It’s not like they actually made a difference in our “safety” since WW2. Every other “war” they took part in they lost.(Vietnam,Korea)

But I guess I HAVE to support the military right. Because I’m an American “hurt-durr”

Just as ignorant as the dumbass teacher's comment. For one thing it ignores the fact that our military is often hamstrung by civilian leaders who think they are too smart to listen to their advisors. Military and intelligence analysts warned for years about the homeland being vulnerable and that we weren't taking terrorism seriously enough and no one listened to them until 9/11 happened. After that we wised up, at least for a few years. Our military went Over There and destroyed many of their training camps and made it much more difficult for them to operate. You don't think that keeps you safe? Do you have any idea how many attacks on US soil have been stopped in the planning stages since then?

Here's just some of the ones that are public. There are likely many more that haven't been revealed because they are classified. There is a constant threat. Many of those were stopped by law enforcement efforts, but even homegrown terrorists are getting their training and ideas online or taking trips overseas where no one knew what they were doing, ie. meeting other terrorists and getting training. Military and civilian intelligence operations help deny them easier access to what they need, and sometimes provide information that steers law enforcement in the right direction.

As for Vietnam and Korea, I admittedly don't know as much about the Korean War as I should. But Vietnam was a mismanaged mess from start to finish. The problem was we drug our feet, trying to peck them to death the first few years and wouldn't commit to the necessary force to win. Still, by any conventional measure we were winning that war. We were killing far more NVA and VC than they were killing our men. But because we slow-rolled it, the North held out until it became too unpopular back home for any president to keep us there. The withdrawal was a political decision, not a military one. But I realize you won't accept any of this. Some of you cream yourselves to the thought of us tucking tail between our legs and running, whether that really happened or not. It didn't.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's really a great point.

The teacher exalts the civilian intellectuals, while ignoring that it is the "civilian intellectuals" that are in charge of the military and write policy.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Typical drivel coming out of California.

This moron glances over every military intelligence, technical, cyber, electronic, satellite repair, programming, etc job.

I think liberal teachers who use their position of authority to advance a sick and abusive agenda should be charged with the crimes they commit: abusing and exploiting the mind's of children. This is far worse than even sexual exploitation.

End liberal child abuse in CA

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

While being a mere public school teacher (not professor, doctor, whatever).
Nothing shameful about that, but it certainly doesn't suddenly make you "intellectual/academic/etc." You work for a failing system that herds cattle, basically. I would've assumed everyone would've known he was a joke based on his profession and comorbid statements.
edit on 1/29/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It doesn't bother me that he thinks that way.

What's potentially disturbing is that so many would agree with him.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Did anyone else provide this link?

www.dailynews.com...

Seems he likes to smack kids too.

The woman did not want to be identified for fear of repercussions for her son. She said her son told her that he had a headache, so he put his head down on his desk in class.

“Mr. Salcido, with his open hand, smacked the back of my son’s head, and then shouted, `Get the (expletive) out of my class,”‘ she said. Officials said they have conducted interviews with the alleged victim, Salcido and witnesses at El Rancho High School. Separate investigations are being conducted by the El Rancho Unified School District and the sheriff’s Special Victims Bureau. “It’s common practice that you don’t put hands on students,” ERUSD Superintendent Myrna Rivera Cote said.

“We give guidance to all our employees regarding that matter.” The sheriff’s investigation is “just getting started,” Lt. Carlos Marquez said. The Special Victims Bureau takes charge of any report of alleged abuse, he said.

guy is a world class douche...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JBurns

It doesn't bother me that he thinks that way.

What's potentially disturbing is that so many would agree with him.

Why would it disturb you if people agreed with him, if you are not bothered by the way he thinks?

That does not make sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

One, even a few?

Meh.

But this is far from just "a few".

Either way, it illustrates a growing trend where there is a complete disregard for those in uniform. I find it disturbing.

*shrugs*

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Because he is a teacher and it is influential to young kids. If one child took it away that it was truth or even felt worse because maybe they are entering the Armed Forces it is one kid to many. This is simply a cycle of hate that is not needed in the school system.

If he worked in an office with a bunch of adults spouting opinion I could care less.
If he preached it to his own kids...could care less.
Wants to have a blog and talk about it. Could care less.

You know his kind. Probably lost a girlfriend to a man in uniform or maybe he likes the men in uniform can't admit it. Discussion is one thing. Drivel like that is being a rear biological outlet.

edit on Janam31amf0000002018-01-29T11:55:02-06:001102 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But this is far from just "a few".

Either way, it illustrates a growing trend where there is a complete disregard for those in uniform.

Really? Do you have a source for a statistic on that?

Let's at least discuss this with some solid information, not how it is perceived by those prone to be illogical and emotional.

I find it disturbing.

I know, but you still failed to address my post. What he thinks does not bother you, but it bothers you people would agree with him.

Again, that doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Because he is a teacher and it is influential to young kids. If one child took it away that it was truth or even felt worse because maybe they are entering the Armed Forces it is one kid to many. This is simply a cycle of hate that is not needed in the school system.

A cycle? How widespread is this "cycle"? Do you have some statistics on this?

Seems to me this is his own ignorant opinion and people are taking it to extremes.

You know his kind. Probably lost a girlfriend to a man in uniform or maybe he likes the men in uniform can't admit it. Discussion is one thing. Drivel like that is being a rear biological outlet.

No. I don't know his kind and I doubt most other people do either. People that say such things are not common and that is why I find comments such as yours to be presumptuous and illogical.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join